Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think Cradle of Filth's best song is?

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Default What do you think Cradle of Filth's best song is?

I personally can't choose between Cthulhu Dawn or Deflowering the Maidenhead, Displeasuring the Goddess:

These are definitive songs for Cradle of Filth in my opinion, they're a mix of black metal, melodic death metal and the latter song has some progressive elements.

According to my iTunes list, the one I listen the most is Bathory Aria. And it makes sense. I love how changing it is, how dark and yet so melodic at the same time. Funeral In Carpathia (the revisited version) is also a huge hit for me.

Queen of Winter Throned or Haunted Shores. Of Mist and Midnight Skies is not far behind.
    "Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chants out between two worlds, fire walk with me"

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

A Promise of Fever

Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    According to my iTunes list, the one I listen the most is Bathory Aria. And it makes sense. I love how changing it is, how dark and yet so melodic at the same time. Funeral In Carpathia (the revisited version) is also a huge hit for me.
    Bathory Aria is a grand tune to listen to, possibly their most complex song ever. I prefer the original version of Funeral in Carpathia due to the presence of the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghoul View Post
    Queen of Winter Throned or Haunted Shores. Of Mist and Midnight Skies is not far behind.
    Queen of Winter, Throned is a really hardcore black metal song in my opinion. It's a real detachment from let's say Dusk, Cruelty or Midian.

Quote Originally Posted by DecayingSinner View Post
    A Promise of Fever
    It's certainly an aggressive opening to an album, but I think Cthulhu Dawn wins at the most.
    Last edited by Dirge Inferno; 05-10-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Ok, this is definitely the definitive Cradle of Filth song:

Babylon A.D

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

1.Filthy little secret.
    The dueling guitar solos shows off their true height as legit musicians more than any other song I think.

2.Hallowed be thy name.
    An Iron Maiden cover and the ONLY instance in my life that I've ever been entertained by an Iron Maiden song as opposed to bored and cringe induced. If you like Iron Maiden you're either old, stupid, have shitty taste or all three.

3. I like pretty much all their pre nymphetamine stuff. Though nymphetamine is a fucking good album. Never dug the opera that much. Her Ghost in the fog would be great if not for that fat goth opera bitch.

Dani Filth to me is has a brilliant talent for writing actual poetry and weaving it into disgusting sounding screams. He was really the first of his kind. Vocals that insane didn't exist in metal before him. I'd never heard anything like his vocals until psyclon nine and deafheaven nearly a decade later.
    Paul Allender was like my idol as a teenager. Nymphetamine was my first album that I learned to play all the way through on guitar.
    I've always respected Cradle for making Black metal entertaining and interesting. Pre cradle black metal is boring. Post cradle black metal has become sort of its own little sub-sub genre with some pretty sweet bands.

1.Filthy little secret.
    The dueling guitar solos shows off their true height as legit musicians more than any other song I think.

2.Hallowed be thy name.
    An Iron Maiden cover and the ONLY instance in my life that I've ever been entertained by an Iron Maiden song as opposed to bored and cringe induced. If you like Iron Maiden you're either old, stupid, have shitty taste or all three.

3. I like pretty much all their pre nymphetamine stuff. Though nymphetamine is a fucking good album. Never dug the opera that much. Her Ghost in the fog would be great if not for that fat goth opera bitch.

Dani Filth to me is has a brilliant talent for writing actual poetry and weaving it into disgusting sounding screams. He was really the first of his kind. Vocals that insane didn't exist in metal before him. I'd never heard anything like his vocals until psyclon nine and deafheaven nearly a decade later.
    Paul Allender was like my idol as a teenager. Nymphetamine was my first album that I learned to play all the way through on guitar.
    I've always respected Cradle for making Black metal entertaining and interesting. Pre cradle black metal is boring. Post cradle black metal has become sort of its own little sub-sub genre with some pretty sweet bands.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

You know which of their covers I just love?

Sleepless.

Someone mentioned Haunted Shores and Queen of Winter, Throned... man, what a pair of amazing songs!!!!