Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Wood: Clean Version (Probably the most confusing thing I've seen)

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

I remember an interview with MM in 2000, promoting Holy Wood, where he talks about the clean sleeve version of the album, saying it was ironic that they censored the wrong image, since the front pic only has Mansons´ head, but the body is that of a statue of Jesus. They censored Christs´ body without knowing what it was, because the picture was an offense to Christianism, which translates of how people censor anything before knowing what it means and how religion is just as violent as anything else censored on American TV. MM said that the whole situation fits perfectly the imagery and the lyrics of the album, so they did him a favor by proving his point.

There is also a clean version of GAOG as far as I remember.
    What?

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    That... is correct.
    That is incorrect. And also, if you didn't already know, did you barely become a fan or WTF? Next this guy is going to post about Mechanical Animals album being banned in Japan because of the fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iulian View Post
    I remember an interview with MM in 2000, promoting Holy Wood, where he talks about the clean sleeve version of the album, saying it was ironic that they censored the wrong image, since the front pic only has Mansons´ head, but the body is that of a statue of Jesus. They censored Christs´ body without knowing what it was, because the picture was an offense to Christianism, which translates of how people censor anything before knowing what it means and how religion is just as violent as anything else censored on American TV. MM said that the whole situation fits perfectly the imagery and the lyrics of the album, so they did him a favor by proving his point.

There is also a clean version of GAOG as far as I remember.
    The clean version of GAG is words only. Para-Noir sounds much better.

I'm A Legend Not A Fable Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter Add Shangri-LIE on Facebook

I prefer that version of the album and here's why. It's a record about many things including censorship. You don't see the word "fuck" in The Bible or on the news. I don't think Holy Wood required any profanity. I think that if Manson were to have written Holy Wood from the slant where there were nothing edgy such as swear words to keep angry kids engaged that it would have reached a broader audience. More people would have listened to it and songs such as The Fight Song wouldn't have been shortened. As a matter of fact, I only listen to the censored songs/albums that Manson has put out as I see them as being more dangerous whenever something is bleeped our replaced by a word that really doesn't fit into the song. It makes listening to the uncensored versions whenever I'm feeling triggered by something more shocking. In my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I prefer that version of the album and here's why. It's a record about many things including censorship. You don't see the word "fuck" in The Bible or on the news. I don't think Holy Wood required any profanity. I think that if Manson were to have written Holy Wood from the slant where there were nothing edgy such as swear words to keep angry kids engaged that it would have reached a broader audience. More people would have listened to it and songs such as The Fight Song wouldn't have been shortened. As a matter of fact, I only listen to the censored songs/albums that Manson has put out as I see them as being more dangerous whenever something is bleeped our replaced by a word that really doesn't fit into the song. It makes listening to the uncensored versions whenever I'm feeling triggered by something more shocking. In my opinion anyway.
    Try harder.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    The clean version of GAG is words only. Para-Noir sounds much better.
    I never even thought about a clean version of Para-Noir. That sounds interesting. I do love how New Shit can be edited so seamlessly and nicely into This is the New Hit though haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    I never even thought about a clean version of Para-Noir. That sounds interesting. I do love how New Shit can be edited so seamlessly and nicely into This is the New Hit though haha
    I'm quite certain it was intentional. The clean version of GAG should be accessible via YouTube, if it isn't...maybe Spotify?

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

There really isn't really much to censor in the lyrics anyway
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

Quote Originally Posted by Manson15Marilyn View Post
    There really isn't really much to censor in the lyrics anyway
    You seem so sure. The Nobodies even has a censored version.

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

I mean, yeah there are parts they would censor but its not like every other word is gonna be blanked out
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"