Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did Manson's creativity go?

Default Where did Manson's creativity go?

Remember when he used to make videos like this

What happened to this guy?

Now he makes music videos like this

And please, don't tell me it's because of money issues, because there's a lot of indie bands who sell 10 records and still make great concept music videos.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

He's old as fuck dude. I doubt he spends his time sitting around thinking of ways to be all mysterious nowadays. Regardless of that I think the Third Day video was the best video he put out during the TPE era.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I'd imagine the same reason the videos shot for Mechanical Animals don't look like the ones shot for Portrait Of An American Family. He said what he needed to, moved on, and did something new.

The whole of The Pale Emperor - its booklet, typography, colour scheme, thematic and lyrical composure were all minimalist, so it makes sense that three videos accompanying the album were too.
    Despite its simple album art, Born Villain had some great conceptual work in the videos for Slo-Mo-Tion and No Reflection, and they looked beautiful. Hey, Cruel World... is monochrome, but a far more interesting 'live' video than say Rock Is Dead or This Is The New Shit. It's all relative.

I'm not really sure what else you're asking.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynRezner15 View Post
    He's old as fuck dude. I doubt he spends his time sitting around thinking of ways to be all mysterious nowadays. Regardless of that I think the Third Day video was the best video he put out during the TPE era.
    You joking right ,looking at the "marketing" that he is doing now ,that's problably whats he spends much of his time thinking about loll its just that back in the days all the mysterious things he was doing had meaning now its just for ....I don't know ,entertainement I guess
    Last edited by maniac82; 05-27-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    Remember when he used to make videos like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmfQ7gSaJgM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi5nTb-NRFU

What happened to this guy?

Now he makes music videos like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdV1Zc_PFdg

And please, don't tell me it's because of money issues, because there's a lot of indie bands who sell 10 records and still make great concept music videos.
    How dare you come in here and criticize our God sir ?? whats next ,are you gonna bash on his
    -poor performance on stage
    -the boring setlist and length of the shows
    -his voice ??

Now you get back on those knees and you suck Mr Manson's all creative dick with passion

***CALM DOWN FANBOYS ,ITS SARCASM NOTHING ELSE ****
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

At least he knew he´ll get criticized for this when he said a few years ago he hated making music videos.

Boredom, money, not giving a crap, getting old and grumpy, being too fucked up to think of something new, not having the right people around... pick one.

At least the music got better with TPE. Let´s hope that at least this trend won´t die.
    What?

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

While I agree, and I think most would agree, that it's been a long while since Manson's output was modern art canon-level creative and boundary-pushing, I'd also suggest that anyone actively disappointed or angry at Manson for the fact keep their yaps shut and just be happy that you're still getting more from the man. Based on accounts from Manson himself around the LWF period, in an alternate universe his musical career would have either ended or gone on a long hiatus at that point. He's going to die someday y'know, that is a fact.

This is absolutely a simple 'beggars can't be choosers' thing. You can 'want' and 'wish' for more or for different, and you can criticize the things he puts out in and of themselves, that's just what fans do. But, if one is going to shit on every now thing for not being what the then thing was, then go indulge in the then thing and don't indulge in the now things.

Don't get me wrong, i still love his music. TPE was a great record. But i think anyone who became a fan during the 90s/beggining of the 00s knows visuals play a great part on his artistry and make him different from any basic rock band around. I love music videos and i would love to see something interesting coming from him again. Sadly i am not hyped for his videos anymore.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I care, and I don't. I see what you're saying and I don't particularly disagree with it, but remember that Manson has said he's not too fond of making music videos anymore, and it shows. It's not necessarily a bad thing though, music videos don't mean as much as they used to back in the day.

Just be glad that Manson was making good music videos when music videos mattered. His views on them have changed, and I don't blame him. It's probably tedious as hell. He'd rather just get to releasing the music and touring. To him, music videos are just commercials for the music, and that's pretty much what they are. In his mind, instead of trying to tell a story through a music video, just make a short film.

My most favorite music video of his that is "recent" would have to be either This Is the New Shit (I just like the imagery) or The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles. The latter at least loooks like it had some effort put into it.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I think it also has something to do with the fact he doesn't (in my opinion) make concept albums anymore. I think the last good videos were from GAOG, mOBSCENE is one of my favourites, a lot of effort was put into that one.
    And of course the fact he doesn't like making them. Probably the mainstream audience doesnt really care for them as well anymore, lots of things have changed in the music industry.
    But I agree, they used to be far more exciting in the 90s

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post