Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Where did Manson's creativity go?

  1. #21
    Procrastinator's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Bracksmell
    Posts: 614
    Rank: Crimson Soil
    Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    .. music videos don't mean as much as they used to back in the day.
    I agree, TV is dead. And personally, I think videos can be a distraction from the music anyway. I do like Manson's old videos but also feel the visuals may sometimes overpower the sound rather than complement it. I guess there's only so much my senses can handle all at once but I much prefer to listen to music without my attention being split in two.

    The first time I heard Third Day of a Seven Day Binge, I was lying in bed and looking out the window with my head upside down. The sky was grey and the wind was rocking the black, naked branches of a nearby tree. It was one of those moments where what you see and what you hear fit together so perfectly and it was beautiful. I know I can't bring this moment back again the same way you can replay a video but why would I? I'm just glad it happened and keep the memory of a great music listening experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    I love music videos and i would love to see something interesting coming from him again. Sadly i am not hyped for his videos anymore.
    That's fair enough but I don't think it's fair to say that Manson's creativity is gone because he no longer makes the same videos.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  3. #22
    Ruination cataract777's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.05.10
    Location: Torrance, California
    Posts: 1,739
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    That's fair enough but I don't think it's fair to say that Manson's creativity is gone because he no longer makes the same videos.
    Agreed. He's still quite creative, to say otherwise would be dumb. There's things that he doesn't do as much as he used to back in the day, such as concept music videos or even album art, but he's still has creativity and shares it with us.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  5. #23

    Join Date: 08.12.16
    Posts: 25
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    You joking right ,looking at the "marketing" that he is doing now ,that's problably whats he spends much of his time thinking about loll its just that back in the days all the mysterious things he was doing had meaning now its just for ....I don't know ,entertainement I guess
    He's a pop artist. Everything he does he does to entertain. And making "spooky" videos on Instagram hardly compares to what he's done in the past.

  6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  7. #24
    XIII arkahno's Avatar
    Join Date: 04.30.10
    Location: guadalajara jalisco mexico
    Posts: 458
    Rank: Glass Jaw
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

    Default

    I'm sure it has something the do with the people who direct his videos, tourniquet had all the visuals​ floria sigismondi worked with during that time, the butterflies and creepy dolls and cabinets all that are visual she was into, same with almost every Manson video, deep six is like all the videos the director has made, doppelherz is all visuals from helnwein, Manson need to work with directors with more creativity again, I guess.

  8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  9. #25
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Cringeon's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: SLUT
    Posts: 4,973
    Rank: Golden Needle
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

    Default

    Manson's videos were always collaborations with other artists. In general, I don't feel like directors are doing as much as they were in the 90s. Much like everything gets said in done in music, videos after a bit start to feel samey. I think it was Garbage's recent video was super reminiscent of 90s era Manson.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  11. #26
    Fucked up and down. Mansoniser's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.21.12
    Location: Coventry, England
    Posts: 534
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arkahno View Post
    I'm sure it has something the do with the people who direct his videos, tourniquet had all the visuals​ floria sigismondi worked with during that time, the butterflies and creepy dolls and cabinets all that are visual she was into, same with almost every Manson video, deep six is like all the videos the director has made, doppelherz is all visuals from helnwein, Manson need to work with directors with more creativity again, I guess.
    If he worked with Floria again I would be incredibly excited, the work she did with Bowie was incredible.
    Speaking of which Bowie is a fine example of how to make fantastic videos on a budget, a lot of his videos for The Next Day were done through working with artists he admired and with friends, he even made a video using unused props from forgotten projects in the 90s and I believe the overall cost of filming was something along the lines of $12.

    Age isn't a good reason for less than amazing videos and neither is budget, although that being said I enjoy the majority of Manson videos although TMOLA I do think fell a bit flat.

  12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  13. #27
    TMC's Avatar
    Join Date: 12.26.09
    Location: North
    Posts: 478
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    If he worked with Floria again I would be incredibly excited, the work she did with Bowie was incredible.
    Speaking of which Bowie is a fine example of how to make fantastic videos on a budget, a lot of his videos for The Next Day were done through working with artists he admired and with friends, he even made a video using unused props from forgotten projects in the 90s and I believe the overall cost of filming was something along the lines of $12.

    Age isn't a good reason for less than amazing videos and neither is budget, although that being said I enjoy the majority of Manson videos although TMOLA I do think fell a bit flat.
    Amen!
    I would love to see Manson working with Floria Sigismondi again as well. The idea of Manson working with his favorite artists would be great but only if it would be executed as well as the collaboration between Bowie and Tony Oursler. So far we got the collaboration between Manson and Bart Hess which resulted in Deep Six music video which was underwhelming to say the least.

  14. #28
    Sex Murder Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.12.14
    Location: Crashville
    Posts: 3,024
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

    Default

    I think if Manson can reunite with familiar artists such as Dean Karr, and even Perou, he can do so with other artists he's worked with in the past.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  16. #29
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    He is an artist before anything else. The music part is basically a side project. An artist can do as they please. All of his music videos are artistic in their own way. Especially Third Day.

  17. #30
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Also compare the several videos from TPE. The two from Third Day were VERY artistic in different ways. MOLA had a line. Cupid was obviously just a promo video with a snippet from Third Day. If you can't find that These videos were artistic then you fail to realize that Manson is an artist and not a musician.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS