Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where did Manson's creativity go?

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

I think I make better music when I'm drunk, but only because I am drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge Inferno View Post
    Your play style looks like Gloomy Grim ( asylum, war, etc ) , nice =)

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Thanks.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Here is where it went and I love it, you cocksuckers everyone dot dot dot etcetera dot dot dot

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Dedicated to all those that think Manson's creativity went poof over the years...
    The guy just couldn't say it better.

"Listen to Billy Zane. He's a cool dude!"

Seriously haters. The man's grown up and he's currently in a experimental phase of his life, testing grounds with paintings, movies/TV shows, etc....
    And whatever he does, it will not change my opinions on him both as an artist and as a person.
    As long as it's not actual fecal matter and farts, whatever he does it will always be appreciated by me.
    I grew up with his music and art. And I always admired his change in style. And to this day, I still think he's probably the only artist that has never sold out, and has always remained faithful and true to his fans.....even in his most lower moments of his life.
    Look at other bands, hear what they've been put out in the last few years and see where they are now (i.e. nu-metal, post-grunge, pseudo-alternative bands). See and hear what they have done to become almost non-existent and extinct as dinosaurs to the general public. And then we can talk about Manson's creativity.....mmmkay?
    Chill out, folks! ;)
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

To suggest he's not creative is pretty ridiculous. He isn't afraid to go in a different direction. And...making music is being creative. Why is this even up for discussion? Whether you like his recent output or not doesn't mean his creativity has diminished.

This post is not directed at anyone here in particular, just people who feel as if he is no longer being creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge Inferno View Post
    This reminds me of an interview Manson did in 2007. Manson had stated that he felt you shouldn't rely on drugs or alcohol to be creative. Whether he still stands by this, who knows. I don't know if he's sober or not when he's making music or coming up with ideas. Or if it's even something he needs.

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Suggesting that Marilyn Manson is creatively bankrupt based solely on visuals is a perfectly succinct encapsulation of everything I hate about MM fandom.

The music is the meat. Videos and shit aren't even the gravy; they're the sprig of parsley on the side of the plate.

Yet discussions about clothes, make-up, and bodyfat outnumber any sort of substantive musical discourse by about 100:1. Maybe more.

I'll deal, but fuck.
    This space intentionally left blank.

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    Suggesting that Marilyn Manson is creatively bankrupt based solely on visuals is a perfectly succinct encapsulation of everything I hate about MM fandom.

The music is the meat. Videos and shit aren't even the gravy; they're the sprig of parsley on the side of the plate.
    I agree with what you're saying, but Manson's career, whether we like it or not, was based on his image. People know him more for his image more than his music. But we just happen to pay attention to and appreciate the music more than anybody else.

Manson has also kind of done it to himself when it comes to the visuals. He made the visuals such a big part of the experience that is Marilyn Manson that when he has toned it down within the recent years, it just leaves some people disappointed. I do miss the visuals and such that the earlier eras had, but I've still learned to appreciate the direction he's going in, even with the stripped down visuals. But that's just more proof that he's become less Marilyn Manson and more Brian Warner. His art has become more personal. And that's not a bad thing.

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I agree with what you're saying, but Manson's career, whether we like it or not, was based on his image. People know him more for his image more than his music. But we just happen to pay attention to and appreciate the music more than anybody else.

Manson has also kind of done it to himself when it comes to the visuals. He made the visuals such a big part of the experience that is Marilyn Manson that when he has toned it down within the recent years, it just leaves some people disappointed. I do miss the visuals and such that the earlier eras had, but I've still learned to appreciate the direction he's going in, even with the stripped down visuals. But that's just more proof that he's become less Marilyn Manson and more Brian Warner. His art has become more personal. And that's not a bad thing.
    Sure, certainly, it's a whole package and all that, moreso than with many other rock artists... although style is important for everyone, even for jeans-and-T-shirt types. If the thread was called "Why aren't Manson's videos great anymore" or something, then fine, I can get behind that; but stating outright that his creativity is gone because his 4-minute album commercials (which is all that videos are) aren't as good as they were when MTV was a thing... well, I got triggered by that one.
    This space intentionally left blank.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    Sure, certainly, it's a whole package and all that, moreso than with many other rock artists... although style is important for everyone, even for jeans-and-T-shirt types. If the thread was called "Why aren't Manson's videos great anymore" or something, then fine, I can get behind that; but stating outright that his creativity is gone because his 4-minute album commercials (which is all that videos are) aren't as good as they were when MTV was a thing... well, I got triggered by that one.
    Eh, Manson's videos didn't use to be simply "4 minute album commercials". That's the reason for this whole thread - the videos were used to expand on the visuals and ideas from the songs and albums. I think it's fair to claim he seems to bother less with the videos these days.

16. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post