Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Where did Manson's creativity go?

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kill View Post
    Eh, Manson's videos didn't use to be simply "4 minute album commercials". That's the reason for this whole thread - the videos were used to expand on the visuals and ideas from the songs and albums. I think it's fair to claim he seems to bother less with the videos these days.
    And I don't really blame him. He himself had said he's not into making music videos anymore, that he's not interested. If he wants to tell a story he'd rather just make a short film. Plus, the age of music videos is fading unfortunately. They don't matter like they did back in the day, unless you're a huge artist like Beyonce, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    And I don't really blame him. He himself had said he's not into making music videos anymore, that he's not interested. If he wants to tell a story he'd rather just make a short film. Plus, the age of music videos is fading unfortunately. They don't matter like they did back in the day, unless you're a huge artist like Beyonce, I suppose.
    Well, that's fair, I'm not saying he/they should be forced to make videos. But it's really not just the videos either, I think everything post-TGAOG has been dull, uninteresting and felt uninspired visually, which certainly wasn't the case before. The theatrics and image was a big part of the whole in the 90's.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kill View Post
    Well, that's fair, I'm not saying he/they should be forced to make videos. But it's really not just the videos either, I think everything post-TGAOG has been dull, uninteresting and felt uninspired visually, which certainly wasn't the case before. The theatrics and image was a big part of the whole in the 90's.
    I definitely agree. I miss the visuals as well. Those were the days :/.

This has a lot to do with the enervate state of the music industry and its ongoing devolution. Labels aren't throwing bags of money at artists anymore because there isn't anything to be gained and music fans are largely to blame for this. I don't think most music fans understand how a business works with many fans seemingly arguing in favour of the 'all art should be free' model best exemplified by a bum playing a harmonica on the street corner where listeners can charitably donate money should they choose to feel good about themselves. If fans treat music or any form of art like it is a disposable medium, it will invariably become one as it has. Don't care about paying for music, don't care about art/packaging etc. Where does the "it's just a bunch of songs bro" attitude get you? It gets you shitty, ridiculously-amateur photoshopped jpeg album covers, low quality mp3s, and embarrassingly bad low budget music videos. Manson's last several videos have all been dogshit terrible but in the age of entitlement, seven-second attention spans, and a constant need to replenish the short-lived euphoria of immediate dopaminergic gratification, you have no good reason to complain because you all chose downloadable suicide instead!

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Lost in Hollywood

I hate the title of this thread.

/del
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post