Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: The Love Song

  1. #1
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default The Love Song



    You're welcome.

  2. #2
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.12.14
    Location: Crashville
    Posts: 3,079
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Wow Van Halen totally ripped off the drums from The Love Song.


    :/
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.



  3. #3
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! best comment ever. I'm not gay, but marry me?

  4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  5. #4
    benis Mok's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Location: Silent Hill
    Posts: 2,760
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    lol, I had no idea about this. The guitar riff and drums are so similar.

  6. #5
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    lol, I had no idea about this. The guitar riff and drums are so similar.
    So similar? It's a direct rip off. That'd be like saying The Fight Song wasn't a direct rip off of Song 2 by Blur. No idea about this? Do you never enjoy good ole rock?

  7. #6
    benis Mok's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Location: Silent Hill
    Posts: 2,760
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    So similar? It's a direct rip off. That'd be like saying The Fight Song wasn't a direct rip off of Song 2 by Blur. No idea about this? Do you never enjoy good ole rock?
    Well yeah, direct ripoff would be a more blunt way of saying it. I do enjoy old rock, but I was never really into Van Halen, honestly.

    Here's another easy one. It came out in 2004:

  8. #7
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    To each their own. I just find it ironic that Manson always demands credit when due but there's at least two tracks off HW that are direct rip offs and he gave no credit. Not to mention Dope Show was a rip off as well. Could say Nobodies was as well but that's sort of a generic drum beat, it'd be like claiming WOW was a rip off of Closure.

  9. #8

    Join Date: 08.18.16
    Location: The World
    Posts: 26
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Replicate the riffs, rythm, and drums. Add your own lyrics and polish it in the mix. here, you have a ripoff song that most people won't spot. (Except for you guys)

  10. #9
    The Overman's Avatar
    Join Date: 04.11.12
    Location: Hell, Illinois
    Posts: 1,070
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    To each their own. I just find it ironic that Manson always demands credit when due but there's at least two tracks off HW that are direct rip offs and he gave no credit. Not to mention Dope Show was a rip off as well. Could say Nobodies was as well but that's sort of a generic drum beat, it'd be like claiming WOW was a rip off of Closure.
    In fairness, he's pretty good about crediting his overt influences - Bowie, Alice Cooper, etc.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

    All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

  11. #10
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    In fairness, he's pretty good about crediting his overt influences - Bowie, Alice Cooper, etc.
    But did he give credit to Van Halen or Blur for the two songs in Holy Wood?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS