Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Love Song

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    But did he give credit to Van Halen or Blur for the two songs in Holy Wood?
    Haha, of course not. For that matter, listen to "Dr. Feelgood" and "Angel With The Scabbed Wings" back to back.

Trent is pretty bad about this, too. There are quite a few NIN tracks that are reworkings of other people's music, the most infamous being "A Warm Place"/"Crystal Japan".
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

This also reminds me of a certain holywood track.....

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

In the words of Noel Gallagher, "That sounds good, I'll have that."

Pisses me off whenever people complain about nicking riffs or pieces of songs. Every band and artist has done it forever, you take and steal from your own record collection. Rock music has been around for only anywhere from 60-80 years depending on your definitions. Music would suck if every riff or rhythm ever published became off-limits to everyone else. Nothing matters other than the song sounding good, at least in my book.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

There is only so many drum heats and riffs you can produce until it is replicated. I doubt they listen to the song and say "Let's do that." I bet it's a coincidence. But you can't be sure. That's why I don't say it's a "Direct Rip off", maybe Indirectly.

I don't think it's needed to give credit. The songs are different on their own, even if parts of it sound very similar.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    In the words of Noel Gallagher, "That sounds good, I'll have that."

Pisses me off whenever people complain about nicking riffs or pieces of songs. Every band and artist has done it forever, you take and steal from your own record collection. Rock music has been around for only anywhere from 60-80 years depending on your definitions. Music would suck if every riff or rhythm ever published became off-limits to everyone else. Nothing matters other than the song sounding good, at least in my book.
    Pisses Manson off when people rip him off though. And it doesn't hurt to let his fans know where some of his music comes from. Last time he did was The Dope Show. There's another recent song that's a rip off of a previous song...I forgot which one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    There is only so many drum heats and riffs you can produce until it is replicated. I doubt they listen to the song and say "Let's do that." I bet it's a coincidence. But you can't be sure. That's why I don't say it's a "Direct Rip off", maybe Indirectly.

I don't think it's needed to give credit. The songs are different on their own, even if parts of it sound very similar.
    Uh...I'm sorry, are you dening The Love Song and The Fight Song are rip offs? Wow.

Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Indirect Rip Offs? Perhaps.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Indirect Rip Offs? Perhaps.
    That just doesn't compute in my head. And by god, do I hate your handle. Sounds like the beginning of a spell, lol.