Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Live Guitarist?

Default Favorite Live Guitarist?

The band's been a revolving door, so there's plenty to choose from. A while back I watched a lot of the Rape of the World Tour (which was a really great tour btw), and it pretty much confirmed Skold for being my favorite live guitarist. I'd love how he'd add his own spin on some things. The solo during Dope Show is fucking great.

The intro to this tour alone, man. What an atmosphere.

Also, 3/4 of these are Haz's footage I believe.
    Last edited by Mok; 06-03-2017 at 07:40 PM.

2. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Skold. Undeniably.

Yeah, John 5 was great at replicating the album versions. But there wasn't much reason to catch two shows on the same tour with him in the band. With Skold, while he might fuck up on occasion, he was entertaining as hell and fit the ambiance of the Rape Of The World Tour perfectly.

The shitty thing about Twiggy coming back, really, is that while Manson performed much better on the '08 leg of that tour after his return, the rest of the band simply went through the motions. Rob Holliday wasn't memorable one way or the other.

Runner up: Chaussee. Again, he didn't hit things note perfect, but the guitar was present and fucking accounted for in the mix when he performed.

Skold
    Chaussee
    Bates
    Putesky
    John 5
    Twiggy
    Zum

Don't recall if I'm leaving anyone out.
    Last edited by The Overman; 06-03-2017 at 07:36 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Skold. Studio/Live. Bass/Guitar. Skold. No one else could ever amount to his talent. And his attitude was great. In person I only got to witness him on bass...wish I got to see him on guitar 'cause god damn that gorgeous man slayed it based on video's I've seen.

I wonder if anyone will say Wes Borland. Ha.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Skold for me as well. He applied his own style to things such as his guitar playing and even his image. He got really well with the overall image and attitude of the band at the time. Him morphing to the EMDM era is incredible, and that album has easily the best guitar work on any MM album. I enjoy how raw and punk he plays, including the slight mess ups, which I think give his playing character. He also played songs slightly differently, for the good. His playing of The Reflecting God on the ROTW Tour is fantastic. But as Over an said, the band did downgrade after his departure.

John, he is a perfectionist, who never missed a note. He's probably the best guitar player in MM, but he lacks character, charisma, style, and he replicates the studio version of songs perfectly live. Not a bad thing though.

Other choice would be Bates. He's a beast on the guitar, and is a terrific writer. Him playing the guitar as a violin is Awesome (Which he does for his film scores). He's awesome.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

EMDM was astonishing overal in every aspect....but, I think PE takes the cake, sorry bud.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I have to agree with the majority and go with Skold. He had it all - the sound, the charisma, the looks... I simply loved seeing him in the band.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I think, if i'm going to decide which is the best, i would just look up to their solo work. Starting with the first, Scott (Daisy), Daisy is playing good, but not perfect, if you look at his other work after he left MM, he just has this vintage kinda tone, which is unique, but he can't get out of his ordinary style, i mean, just look at the guy, The tracks he wrote are good, but not that good. I don't like Zimmy, but he was average on live, and twiggy is another guy who just can't get out of his ordinary style. I know, it's uniqe, it's good, but after few hours of listening, it's boring as fuck. John is awesome but as said, he lack style. Skold is awesome, but i don't love his solo work and EMDM, I think i will go with Bates. I mean, he just plays nearly every part of the songs. He covers everything with style, adds his own pieces, and in my opinion, wrote the best guitar tracks since 2007.
    He just resurrected the MM image on media.

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

Skold for me too. J5 was amazing, but like it was said here, he was a perfectionist and that gets boring after some time.
    What?

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

I always loved Zim Zum, but he was far better in the studio than live. Skold was great, but I never fell in love with his playing. He was the backbone though for Manson when Manson was at his lowest. Definitely felt like the glue that held Manson together from 03-07.

And yeah, John 5 was a perfectionist but it was very pleasing to the ear. His "Sweet Dreams" solo is still hands down my favorite. John 5 is my pick for favorite live guitarist. Until Tyler...

Tyler Bates though, thank Christ for that man! He's killing it in Manson. I'm SO glad when I saw Manson last July, that Tyler played that show. Paul Wiley kicks ass too. Manson, sir, NEVER get rid of these men... Ever! ;)

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    The band's been a revolving door, so there's plenty to choose from. A while back I watched a lot of the Rape of the World Tour (which was a really great tour btw), and it pretty much confirmed Skold for being my favorite live guitarist. I'd love how he'd add his own spin on some things. The solo during Dope Show is fucking great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A63PbmbVlI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMa1H0ILL0s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQjtm7M-flEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iybbQPrwH_E
    The intro to this tour alone, man. What an atmosphere.

Also, 3/4 of these are Haz's footage I believe.
    one of the best tours,setlists,line-up ,everything.but it's my least favourite album.and that web site from 2007,one of the best sites i ever saw in my life.scary shit
    Chillin' Killin'