Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Live Guitarist?

J5 every time. It was great seeing him play with Rob Zombie again, his energy and enthusiasm is great. And his sound on stage is huge, it made the tracks for me sound the best they've ever sounded. But in terms on image live, I like Zim Zum. I always thought he looked the coolest. he just kind of sucked outside of the studio.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I like Bates a lot, and he performs everything perfectly, but his tone sounds a bit off to me. Like the guitars aren't mixed as loudly as previous guitarists. Obviously this isn't a problem when Wiley's playing too, but during shows when he's the only guitarist they lack a little oomph.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

John5 for me. Mystified by all the Skold love, cos he's the only guitarist ever (as in from any band) who I've witnessed making mistakes and fucking up songs (although there are admittedly very few bands I know the music well enough to pick up on it!).

You must've never seen Zim Zum, Mark Chausse, and Twiggy then.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

My favorites have been Rob, Twiggy & Bates. John5 as a technical performer is hard to beat (although I think Tyler is probably the best skilled guitarists since J5), but the ones I listed I thought brought a little bit more to the experience. It would have been interesting to see what more would have panned out with Wes, I feel like he could have brought something unique compared to other types of guitarists Manson has had.

7. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    It would have been interesting to see what more would have panned out with Wes, I feel like he could have brought something unique compared to other types of guitarists Manson has had.
    I got to see Wes play last year, he is so great to watch, and his sound is awesome. He would have been a great fit for Manson.

Write me down for Skold as well.
    EMDM is my fave Manson album mostly because of him.
    I saw him live a Long ass time ago when I was like 15 I think.
    Best show ever.
    I might be the only one on this list who would bring up daisy in a positive light.
    Don't get me wrong he's a fucking idiot.
    There's no denying(at least to a guitarist) that he had a lot of tricks up his sleeve and his own unique style. He didn't sound like anyone else. And as far as I'm concerned no one else even his successors have never even come close to sounding like him.
    Shame he such a piece of shit
    Skold #1 We miss you!!!

Well, Daisy sounds a little like Jay Yuenger. Also a little like John Christ.

Actually, I kinda feel that Daisy would've been more suitable for the Rob Zombie position than John 5. His quirky haunted-big-top style is more in keeping with the aesthetic of White Zombie and Hellbilly Deluxe than John's much more polished writing.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

I'm going with Skold. Dude's got talent. I listened to his album Anomie a while back. If it had Manson's voice and lyrics on it, it could've blown Born Villain out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    I'm going with Skold. Dude's got talent. I listened to his album Anomie a while back. If it had Manson's voice and lyrics on it, it could've blown Born Villain out of the water.
    Not to mention his work with KMFDM was great as well.