Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eat Me, Drink Me Released 10 Years Ago Today

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    Such a brilliant and underrated album, the likes of which we didn't see again until The Pale Emperor. I loved the themes, the look, the videos. There were so many details about how it was produced, too. Tim Skold never got the credit he deserved for his work in the band, but he shines here so much. The four years it took for EMDM to come out were agonizing.
    It didn't take four years for it to be released. He went on a break from music. He's an artist first, musician on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    It didn't take four years for it to be released. He went on a break from music. He's an artist first, musician on the side.
    It was a four year wait as a fan when you ignore the Lest We Forgot "greatest hits" era. It was a great era, and hands down my favourite look for Manson and the band, but it doesn't really count as one of the traditional eras. I counted the days as I waited for "Album 6" to come out. It was four agonizing years.

I don't think he does 'era's' anymore. And still, He was taking a break from music. He is an Artist.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Really weird and amazing album. Some of the imagery is startlingly brilliant and impactful. Skold's guitar work and Manson's voice go together well.

Precious Memories! <3 I remember freaking out with everyone at the phant while listening to that online radio show where they played a clip of HSG and everyone being like UMMMM... *excitement turns to nervous excitement* Soon after If I Was Your Vampire released on MySpace and everyone proceeded to cream their pants. I literally listened to that song on a loop for a week straight. I don't think I've ever been that excited for a new album since, especially since I discovered Manson when GAOG came out, so I had 4 years of getting irretrievably lost in my Manson obsession, consuming every Manson related thing, all the while growing more ravenous for a new era that I could be a part of from the very beginning as a full fledged Manson fanboy.

That summer I was 19, I had just moved back home for the summer after my first year of college, and all I did was work and listen to Manson. One night I got home from work and discovered that EMDM had leaked, and someone who shall remain nameless ;) was gracious enough to share a link with me. I played the album on a loop all night in bed, then left for work again in the morning, but not before burning it on a cd so I could listen to it in the car on the way to work. (It goes without saying that I obviously bought EMDM the moment it came out officially). I absolutely fell in love with the album, the music, the lyrics, the narrative, the themes, everything. A few months later I would endure an hour and a half of Slayer and see Manson for the very first time live, at the very front and centre of the pit with one of my best friends. I will never forget seeing Manson's silhouette behind the curtain, striking a pose, as red light and smoke filled the stage, and suddenly you just heard SIX AM CHRISTMAS MORNING and the curtain fell, and Manson ran up to the very front and was at arms reach away from me. It was the most surreal moment of my life at the time. I left the venue in a state of natural ecstacy and I still have the ticket stub, along with some heart shaped confetti and the vinyl gloves I was wearing.

I know Manson has legit reasons for not playing EMDM live anymore, and in a way it makes experiencing that era all the more special, but I would give anything to hear some of those songs again. I cried so much during Just a Car Crash Away, to me he might as well have been playing Speed of Pain. <3 That whole era coincided so perfectly with my life and who I was at the time, that I will always look back on it with nothing but love.

<3 It's no wonder our stage clothes have dreams to be famous. <3
    Cocksuckasaurus.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Precious Memories! <3 I remember freaking out with everyone at the phant while listening to that online radio show where they played a clip of HSG and everyone being like UMMMM... *excitement turns to nervous excitement* Soon after If I Was Your Vampire released on MySpace and everyone proceeded to cream their pants. I literally listened to that song on a loop for a week straight. I don't think I've ever been that excited for a new album since, especially since I discovered Manson when GAOG came out, so I had 4 years of getting irretrievably lost in my Manson obsession, consuming every Manson related thing, all the while growing more ravenous for a new era that I could be a part of from the very beginning as a full fledged Manson fanboy.

That summer I was 19, I had just moved back home for the summer after my first year of college, and all I did was work and listen to Manson. One night I got home from work and discovered that EMDM had leaked, and someone who shall remain nameless ;) was gracious enough to share a link with me. I played the album on a loop all night in bed, then left for work again in the morning, but not before burning it on a cd so I could listen to it in the car on the way to work. (It goes without saying that I obviously bought EMDM the moment it came out officially). I absolutely fell in love with the album, the music, the lyrics, the narrative, the themes, everything. A few months later I would endure an hour and a half of Slayer and see Manson for the very first time live, at the very front and centre of the pit with one of my best friends. I will never forget seeing Manson's silhouette behind the curtain, striking a pose, as red light and smoke filled the stage, and suddenly you just heard SIX AM CHRISTMAS MORNING and the curtain fell, and Manson ran up to the very front and was at arms reach away from me. It was the most surreal moment of my life at the time. I left the venue in a state of natural ecstacy and I still have the ticket stub, along with some heart shaped confetti and the vinyl gloves I was wearing.

I know Manson has legit reasons for not playing EMDM live anymore, and in a way it makes experiencing that era all the more special, but I would give anything to hear some of those songs again. I cried so much during Just a Car Crash Away, to me he might as well have been playing Speed of Pain. <3 That whole era coincided so perfectly with my life and who I was at the time, that I will always look back on it with nothing but love.

<3 It's no wonder our stage clothes have dreams to be famous. <3
    His reason for not playing many GAG or EMDM songs is Twigglet is intimidated of Skold's work.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I certainly hope that's not true. :( I always assumed it was because of how painful and crazy things got for Manson post-EMDM. What with the ERW drama and him getting all love addicty and stuff.
    Cocksuckasaurus.

Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I do consider this to he the last Marilyn Manson album, especially since he stopped wearing the contact after it. All albums afterward are of a new Manson. Or THEOL is in between.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I certainly hope that's not true. :( I always assumed it was because of how painful and crazy things got for Manson post-EMDM. What with the ERW drama and him getting all love addicty and stuff.
    If you think it's because of how painful and crazy things got...then why does he still do songs off of ACSS?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I do consider this to he the last Marilyn Manson album, especially since he stopped wearing the contact after it. All albums afterward are of a new Manson. Or THEOL is in between.
    I think EMDM and THEOL are a theatrical combo.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post