Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eat Me, Drink Me Released 10 Years Ago Today

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    If you think it's because of how painful and crazy things got...then why does he still do songs off of ACSS?
    I think because with EMDM there's shame and embarrassment there because of how vulnerable and love sick he became. He divorced his wife and made a whole era about some 18 year old girl he became obsessed with, only to have her ultimately reject him, with the whole world watching. I wouldn't want to be reminded of that either. At least that's how I remember it, but I was on a lot of drugs at the time and going through my own fuckery.
    Cocksuckasaurus.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    I think EMDM and THEOL are a theatrical combo.
    I totally see that, but I hate to admit it since I love one so much and hate the other equally.
    Cocksuckasaurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I think because with EMDM there's shame and embarrassment there because of how vulnerable and love sick he became. He divorced his wife and made a whole era about some 18 year old girl he became obsessed with, only to have her ultimately reject him, with the whole world watching. I wouldn't want to be reminded of that either. At least that's how I remember it, but I was on a lot of drugs at the time and going through my own fuckery.
    Melissa was obv his first love and still is...that wound has not healed. So ACSS is pretty vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I totally see that, but I hate to admit it since I love one so much and hate the other equally.
    You hate THEOL???????????????/////////////////////

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

EMDM, THEOL, BV seem to be the theorized "Second Triptych". And TPE being a stand-alone, like TGAOG.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    EMDM, THEOL, BV seem to be the theorized "Second Triptych". And TPE being a stand-alone, like TGAOG.
    This. I have always argued this. But if you really think about it, PE could be incorporated with the other three.

I've mentioned this in fuller, more sober terms before, but everyone hated EMDM because of the specific time in which it was released. I remember the 'Phant days, I was one of few defending it against an unbeatable army of hatred, and I completely understood that hatred. It was released in 2007 people. If you're old enough, you'll remember that being the height of the emo days. Manson inadvertently released his most introverted and personal album within that fray, and interscope absolutely hopped on the golden opportunity to cash in on that and rebrand him, in their own twisted way, as king of the scene kids. I wouldn't have disagreed with people calling him 'hot topic elvis' at the time. The tour, while quite great when it came to the performances, brought in a sizeable contingency of new fans. And yet, they were somewhat fake in a sense, and they were never seen again. Alls I remember is standing amongst an odd number of 13 year olds who didn't know the lyrics to The Dope Show but sure as hell had their purple eyeliner and plentiful neon-pink rubber bracelets on. Anyone who was a genuine fan and an adult in 2007 at a Manson show felt a bad taste in their mouth during that era. It was unfortunate, because EMDM is a phenomenal record, and ten years passed, I'm really glad that it's getting the respect that it deserved from the beginning.

A great album. I still believe he hasn't released a bad album YET.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I think EMDM, THEOL and TPE are the second triptych and BV would be the stand-alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimscum View Post
    Nah.... the first sign was before that.
    It's. Called holy wood
    Provocateur.

EMDM was actually the first MM record I didn't buy on release date. I remember a friend of mine downloaded it and gave me to listen, and at first I thought it was shit. At the time I was disconnected from the Manson world, I only got a physical copy almost three years later. I obviously don't think it's shit, it's ok, but not exactly my cup of tea. Out of the last four records is the one I like the least, and I firmly believe it started his artistic decline. I'm giving it a listen right now though, it's been years since the last time.
    Last edited by Posthuman; 06-29-2017 at 06:54 PM.