Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: "Thoughts and Prayers"

Default "Thoughts and Prayers"

I canNOT stand it when something bad happens and someone says that shit. And my Oma is currently in ICU after a current operations so my FB is cluttered with that BS right now. I wish these people didn't even know 'cause it's almost giving me a migraine. I don't need your gd thoughts and prayers. I've fate that the doctor's and nurse's at the military hospital will help bring her back 100%...but how do I nicely tell these people to fuck up with their Christian thoughts and prayers?! She's not even in THAT bad of shape for this crap. It's like they're glorifying her condition just to throw their Christian BS in my face as they know I'm against that BS. Or maybe I'm just overthinking their posts...IDK but it's driving me NUTS. Everytime someone posts that shit I think something happened and call my mom and she's like "nah, everythings ok fam". So then I'm like "TF?!"

Thread title reminded me of

3. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Couldn't have said it better, I too fuckin' hate that shit, it seems selfish of them in a way. Same goes for the obligatory stream of happy birthday posts on facebook from people you don't even know anymore, people from highschool and whatnot, and seeing the handful of recent born-agains posting shit like 'May the Lord bless you this year.'

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Pagans were praying before it was cool. They had Gods for every damn thing that they would pray to. A God for blacksmithing, A God for hunting, A God for farming. One God seemed more simple to them I guess. Let them wish your Oma well. What's it going to hurt? People are annoying, yes but they are tying to be nice.

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Marsmind View Post
    Pagans were praying before it was cool. They had Gods for every damn thing that they would pray to. A God for blacksmithing, A God for hunting, A God for farming. One God seemed more simple to them I guess. Let them wish your Oma well. What's it going to hurt? People are annoying, yes but they are tying to be nice.
    Not to mention Catholicism/Christianity are a direct rip off of Pagans. Straight down to the 'holidays' we celebrate. It's odd...they believe in a Plagiarized 'religion' yet bashed Mrs. Trump for plagiarizing michelle. Whatever.

And yes, I do get they're trying to be nice but it just drives me so gd nuts. Instead of them trying to have fate in the staff, they're relying on the lizard in the sky.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

It's probably also that people don't know what else to say and just say what they think they should say.

One of my all time favorites is: "STAY BLESSED"
    i.e.
    "Bless"

fuckyouuuuuuuuuuuuuu, mr high and mighty.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    One of my all time favorites is: "STAY BLESSED"
    i.e.
    "Bless"

fuckyouuuuuuuuuuuuuu, mr high and mighty.
    'Bless' should only ever be used (if at all) with deep sarcasm and an implicit derogatory understanding about the respective lack of intelligence and competency of the person it is targeted at. Drawling it only adds emphasis.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar
    . . the fear takes hold

16. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post