Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Records Ministry's 'Stigmata' For Atomic Blonde

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

If this had a live drum track, it could have been a real barn burner.
    This space intentionally left blank.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Sorry, I should have clarified, the song itself sounds like "ass garbage," but Manson's voice is just fine and I'm stoked for the new material. I just dislike Ministry and in general would argue that most of their music falls into the "ass garbage" category. Throw tomatoes now...

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

While the cover is very straightforward and close to the original, I really liked both the production/sound and Manson's harsh vocal delivery. I hope this is an indication of the sound the album will have. Fuck live drums!

I would be surprised if it's on the regular edition of the album, though. Quite possibly on a limited edition, European or Japanese edition (if they even still do those), or as a single b-side, but not on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by NightChameleons View Post
    Sorry, I should have clarified, the song itself sounds like "ass garbage," but Manson's voice is just fine and I'm stoked for the new material. I just dislike Ministry and in general would argue that most of their music falls into the "ass garbage" category. Throw tomatoes now...
    I appreciate the general vibe on this one, and it speaks kindly as to what Manson and Tyler's mindset was like making HUD, but... meh. Al Jourgensen has recorded two decent songs in his entire career: "Beers, Steers & Queers", and that cover of "Supernaut" with Trent on vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    It really is though. I'm a huge Ministry fan and love the original, but was hoping Manson made it his own like he does with 99% of his covers. But it just sounds like Manson singing along to the Ministry version.

Still though, I DO enjoy it. It's a fun listen, and Manson's vocals sound bitching! I just wish it deviated from the original a little.
    i was actually expecting this cover to sound exactly like the original, given the movie and such. the one that i have feels for like you do for this is God's Gonna Cut you Down. But, oh well.

We've now been given 3 cover songs since Pale Emperor....and all three sound just like the original. like i said, this one i can understand...idk. this is weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    We've now been given 3 cover songs since Pale Emperor....and all three sound just like the original.
    What? "Cat People" sounds nothing whatsoever like the original.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Well yeah, and as I pointed out in another topic, if anything the live version of ...Cut You Down bears resemblance to a cover by someone else, but was written when recording devices didn't exist, so who knows if it sounds like the original...
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    You sure about that? I'll have to listen to Shhhhooter's cover again. It has been awhile since I've heard it. And actually...not sure if we should even really count that track since It's more of Shooter's and he asked Manson to lent his vocals...right? I fell out of the loop of the Manson realm around that time. Had more things to worry about like a divorce n shit.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Well yeah, and as I pointed out in another topic, if anything the live version of ...Cut You Down bears resemblance to a cover by someone else, but was written when recording devices didn't exist, so who knows if it sounds like the original...
    Bruh, c'mon. It's clearly him covering King Cash. Regardless if Cash's version is a cover or not. You're being a little too technical considering Manson loves to do covers left and right and then some of his fans will do a 'cover' of his cover. They made it their own. Let it be, aye?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Being a little too technical is what I do best.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I only just listened to it for the first time now, I wasn't familiar with the original so I wasn't really excited by the idea of it really. I quite liked the chaotic feel of the song though and I do wonder if it's a nod to the new album's sound and if this is something they would've recorded in a way to get into a certain mindset or if it was always just planned for the soundtrack the entire time.

I haven't listened to the live recordings of the new songs outside of Say10 so I don't know if I'm right in my speculation there...

I enjoy the vocals although this isn't high on my list of Manson covers.