Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 139

Thread: Marilyn Manson Records Ministry's 'Stigmata' For Atomic Blonde

  1. #121
    kill's Avatar
    Join Date: 07.31.17
    Location: Europa
    Posts: 17
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    I only just listened to it for the first time now, I wasn't familiar with the original so I wasn't really excited by the idea of it really. I quite liked the chaotic feel of the song though and I do wonder if it's a nod to the new album's sound and if this is something they would've recorded in a way to get into a certain mindset or if it was always just planned for the soundtrack the entire time.

    I haven't listened to the live recordings of the new songs outside of Say10 so I don't know if I'm right in my speculation there...

    I enjoy the vocals although this isn't high on my list of Manson covers.
    I hope it is an indication of the new sound - the two new songs would sound incredible with similar hard production like this.

  2. #122

    Join Date: 04.11.12
    Location: Hell, Illinois
    Posts: 1,068
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    How the fuck are there people on a Marilyn Manson forum who haven't heard Ministry's biggest hit? Or at least one of their top three hits; "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" and "Just One Fix" are up there, too. At any rate, next to NIN Ministry is probably the band Manson fans have the biggest obligation towards.

  3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  4. #123
    Fucked up and down. Mansoniser's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.21.12
    Location: Coventry, England
    Posts: 526
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    How the fuck are there people on a Marilyn Manson forum who haven't heard Ministry's biggest hit? Or at least one of their top three hits; "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" and "Just One Fix" are up there, too. At any rate, next to NIN Ministry is probably the band Manson fans have the biggest obligation towards.
    Wait until you find out how little I know about Nine Inch Nails.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  6. #124
    Ruination cataract777's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.05.10
    Location: Torrance, California
    Posts: 1,734
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    How the fuck are there people on a Marilyn Manson forum who haven't heard Ministry's biggest hit? Or at least one of their top three hits; "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" and "Just One Fix" are up there, too. At any rate, next to NIN Ministry is probably the band Manson fans have the biggest obligation towards.
    I like Nine Inch Nails and have always heard of Ministry, but never listened to them. I'm not that involved with the industrial sound.
    Last edited by cataract777; 08-03-2017 at 08:57 AM.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  8. #125
    Ramm91's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.05.09
    Location: Ipswich, UK
    Posts: 300
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    If you're curious about Ministry I'd start with 'N.W.O', 'Jesus Built My Hotrod', 'Just One Fix', 'Stigmata', 'Bad Blood', 'Thieves' and 'Psalm 69'.

  9. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
  10. #126
    My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Massachusetts (USA)
    Posts: 540
    Rank: Glass Jaw
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramm91 View Post
    If you're curious about Ministry I'd start with 'N.W.O', 'Jesus Built My Hotrod', 'Just One Fix', 'Stigmata', 'Bad Blood', 'Thieves' and 'Psalm 69'.
    So, basically just listen to their Greatest Fits CD =P

  11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  12. #127
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    How the fuck are there people on a Marilyn Manson forum who haven't heard Ministry's biggest hit? Or at least one of their top three hits; "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" and "Just One Fix" are up there, too. At any rate, next to NIN Ministry is probably the band Manson fans have the biggest obligation towards.
    Because most of Manson's fans ONLY listen to Manson or things he's involved in. And. when he brings about another band or artist (like being featured or covered) then they take attention to them. I bet prior to Fancy Bitch, none of them liked Gucci Mane, now they're riding his dope nuts.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  14. #128
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I like Nine Inch Nails and have always heard of Ministry, but never listened to them. I'm not that involved with the industrial sound.
    It's mind boggling to figure out how you're a Manson fan with these two sentences. Especially the later.

  15. #129
    kill's Avatar
    Join Date: 07.31.17
    Location: Europa
    Posts: 17
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    Because most of Manson's fans ONLY listen to Manson or things he's involved in. And. when he brings about another band or artist (like being featured or covered) then they take attention to them. I bet prior to Fancy Bitch, none of them liked Gucci Mane, now they're riding his dope nuts.
    Most, really? I've been out of the loop for quite a while, but that certainly wasn't the case 15-20 years ago. Nobody I knew started listening to Eminem or DMX because he did some song with them, but pretty much everyone was into NIN.
    Though maybe that's required to be a Manson fan these days...

  16. #130
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kill View Post
    Most, really? I've been out of the loop for quite a while, but that certainly wasn't the case 15-20 years ago. Nobody I knew started listening to Eminem or DMX because he did some song with them, but pretty much everyone was into NIN.
    Though maybe that's required to be a Manson fan these days...
    You're really going to type out those words? That Manson fans listened to DMX before Manson lent his vocals for a DMX song? Seriously? I can see a bunch of shit-eyed b-rated looking goth punks now. nodding their head to buff buff STOP buff buff DROP bufff SHUT IT DOWN OPEN UP SHOP da buff OOHHH ....just no. sorry but no.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS