Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 139

Thread: Marilyn Manson Records Ministry's 'Stigmata' For Atomic Blonde

  1. #51
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    Tainted love was released on the not another teen movie soundtrack in december of 2001 ,GAOG was release in 2003 ,so yeah it counts as a song he did just for a soundtrack ,the fact that he put it as a bonus on GAOG doesnt change that

    When did LHROOH was released as an Ep ?? even the PM discography section classified it as a "singles from a soundtrack"

    KS and CCAG are songs that were made for TPE but used for movie/tv show ,they don't even appear on either of their movie/tv show soundtrack

    But you are right its been a long time since he did that ,but it doesnt mean he can't do it now

    plus ,if you look at the tracklist for the AB soundtrack it says the song is from MM and Tyler Bates ,if it was from the album it would just say Marilyn Manson ,as i highly doubt the band changed their name for Marilyn Manson and Tyler Bates ;)
    Doesn't matter when Tainted Love was put onto his discography, it still was. Therefore he didn't go out of his way too much for it.

    Guess you don't own the EP for Long hard, sad.

    Wrong. Tyler said they made Killing Strangers FOR John Wick but Manson liked it so much, he wanted it on his album. As far as Cupid, Manson said they had to rush to the studio to make the song for Salem. Keep up.

    ...so Tyler wants his credit....and then? Don't give no wink face acting like you're Mr. Know It All. Maybe Mr. Bates doesn't formally call himself a band member...which he has done before, you know.

  2. #52
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Cringeon's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: SLUT
    Posts: 4,973
    Rank: Golden Needle
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

    Default

    Tyler and Manson were writing specifically for Manson's new album. John Wick and Salem were both spots secured because Tyler was also hired in scoring jobs and made the pitches to have the songs he and Manson were writing included. Killing Strangers and Cupid Carries a Gun were from earlier writing sessions long before they were secured for the movie/TV show (earlier in 2013).

  3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  4. #53
    theimpaler's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.16.17
    Posts: 245
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Tyler and Manson were writing specifically for Manson's new album. John Wick and Salem were both spots secured because Tyler was also hired in scoring jobs and made the pitches to have the songs he and Manson were writing included. Killing Strangers and Cupid Carries a Gun were from earlier writing sessions long before they were secured for the movie/TV show (earlier in 2013).
    Turns out I was actually half wrong with Cupid;

    "Manson and I wrote a draft of 'Cupid Carries a Gun' shortly before I began working on the score for Salem. A couple weeks later I saw the title sequence and the song immediately came to mind. I showed it to Manson for fun more than anything, and it inspired us to finish the song that night. The next day I played it for Brannon Braga and he said that 'Cupid Carries a Gun' was the perfect tone and attitude for the show's main titles." - Tyler Bates

    as far as killing strangers...w.t.f. I could've sworn Tyler said Manson liked the song so much he wanted it on his record but I'm finding nothing of the sorts there. Shrug. Oh well. I may have read it while stoned. So sue me.

  5. #54
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Cringeon's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: SLUT
    Posts: 4,973
    Rank: Golden Needle
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

    Default

    Yeah, as I said nothing was written for a show or movie. Both were written for Manson's album, all the tracks were a collab between Manson and Tyler writting together on the spot. Nothing on TPE was left over material of Manson's or Tyler's prior to their jam sessions in Tyler's studio.

  6. #55
    MA-86's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.10.12
    Location: HOME
    Posts: 408
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    So I take the cover of Stigmata will be on the album....

  7. #56
    Dorothy's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Posts: 165
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    Turns out I was actually half wrong with Cupid;

    "Manson and I wrote a draft of 'Cupid Carries a Gun' shortly before I began working on the score for Salem. A couple weeks later I saw the title sequence and the song immediately came to mind. I showed it to Manson for fun more than anything, and it inspired us to finish the song that night. The next day I played it for Brannon Braga and he said that 'Cupid Carries a Gun' was the perfect tone and attitude for the show's main titles." - Tyler Bates

    as far as killing strangers...w.t.f. I could've sworn Tyler said Manson liked the song so much he wanted it on his record but I'm finding nothing of the sorts there. Shrug. Oh well. I may have read it while stoned. So sue me.
    Don't forget there is no Long Hard EP. Only the movie soundtrack and related singles.

    Also, wow, you still sound like an obnoxious prick to me even when admitting an error. Quite impressive.

  8. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post
  9. #57
    Fucked up and down. Mansoniser's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.21.12
    Location: Coventry, England
    Posts: 526
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    Don't forget there is no Long Hard EP. Only the movie soundtrack and related singles.

    Also, wow, you still sound like an obnoxious prick to me even when admitting an error. Quite impressive.
    It's amazing how they've managed that, it takes pure skill to constantly call people out for being wrong and then when they're wrong, still act like it's your fault.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  11. #58

    Join Date: 12.17.11
    Posts: 31
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    It's amazing how they've managed that, it takes pure skill to constantly call people out for being wrong and then when they're wrong, still act like it's your fault.
    This IS a Manson forum. lol. ;)

  12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  13. #59
    YoureAlreadyHere's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.13.14
    Location: Whorelando
    Posts: 1,420
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    Turns out I was actually half wrong with Cupid;

    "Manson and I wrote a draft of 'Cupid Carries a Gun' shortly before I began working on the score for Salem. A couple weeks later I saw the title sequence and the song immediately came to mind. I showed it to Manson for fun more than anything, and it inspired us to finish the song that night. The next day I played it for Brannon Braga and he said that 'Cupid Carries a Gun' was the perfect tone and attitude for the show's main titles." - Tyler Bates

    as far as killing strangers...w.t.f. I could've sworn Tyler said Manson liked the song so much he wanted it on his record but I'm finding nothing of the sorts there. Shrug. Oh well. I may have read it while stoned. So sue me.
    --------------------------------

    Don't tell me what to do.

  14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  15. #60
    Fucked up and down. Mansoniser's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.21.12
    Location: Coventry, England
    Posts: 526
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo87 View Post
    This IS a Manson forum. lol. ;)
    I just have to stay calm by remembering they aren't Teena Byrd, times were much darker then.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS