Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Records Ministry's 'Stigmata' For Atomic Blonde

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    1) Whoa whoa whoa. How did we immediately jump to this being a Ministry cover? Every other shitty death metal band or BO-smelling Slipknot-wannabe act these days has a song called 'Stigmata.' Hence why in 2017 it's a godawful title and I hope it is a cover of Ministry instead of a HUD song.
    because http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...239#post215239

"I asked someone who saw the June 13th screening if he noticed any MM being played and he answered "i didnt" but then someone else who was there Said that MM covers Stigmata from Ministry in the movies ,i treat this as a rumor for now"

Course that's just hearsay, but that's why it's assumed to be a Ministry cover.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

If it were to be a MM song, "Stigmartyr" would be a more suitable title.

Cover or not I'll be listening to it.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Assuming it is a cover of the Ministry track, do we think it'll be a straightforward direct cover (like "Highway To Hell", "Golden Years", "Get My Rocks Off", etc.), or a 'Mansonized' one (like "Sweet Dreams", "I Put A Spell On You", "Cat People, etc.)?

I ask because I'm quite doubtful that Manson in his current state could match Al Jorgunsen's 1988 self, but I could also see him slowing the song way down and turning it into blues rock or soul or some shit, which could rule.

Yeah, I'm asking for speculation. Why not? It's always entertaining.
    Last edited by The Overman; 06-22-2017 at 10:17 PM.

I dont think it would be turned into a blues song, that sound was for the PE era and he is done with it.

If anything it will fit in quite well with the edgier sound previewed back in november, I just hope it doesnt turn into a track that would have fit in Borm Villain era (somehow the pretty simple drum stomp and the way the guy sings is verry reminiscent of the BV sound, for example, the song Hey Ceuel World) especially knowing that lately MM hasnt done any covera that differ much from the original.

But great to know that we are getting concrete dates of when the new music is being released.
    Last edited by MA-86; 06-22-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MA-86 View Post
    (somehow the pretty simple drum stomp and the way the guy sings is verry reminiscent of the BV era sound, for example, the song Hey Ceuel World))
    I swear on my father's grave that this was a deliberate production choice, even if a misguided one, even if nobody will believe me. Born Villain, more than any other Manson record, is rooted in an eighties post-punk sound.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

100% it is a cover of Ministry and I have confirmation

You could be right, sure.

But the LAST thing I would want is for them to get back to the sound of the least cohesive MM album! However deliberate in trying to replicate 80s or whatever it was it was trying to do, the end-result just did not feel/sound like it was actually finished...

Quote Originally Posted by MA-86 View Post
    You could be right, sure.

But the LAST thing I would want is for them to get back to the sound of the least cohesive MM album! However deliberate in trying to replicate 80s or whatever it was it was trying to do, the end-result just did not feel/sound like it was actually finished...
    No way they go back to the production sound that we heard on BV. The Pale Emperor is proof that Tyler Bates was exactly what Manson needed. You can tell by the Say 10 clip that is on par production wise as The Pale Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDead View Post
    No way they go back to the production sound that we heard on BV. The Pale Emperor is proof that Tyler Bates was exactly what Manson needed. You can tell by the Say 10 clip that is on par production wise as The Pale Emperor.
    From your mouth in Godīs ear!!!

Why the shit couldn't he cover that song? Put Overneath and Murderers together and you have that song. Fuck outta here.

Don't know how I feel about that. I never quite like when bands cover songs within their own broad overarching 'genre.' It's not as interesting as going out on a limb and turning a song way out of their alley into something unique. And yeah, the thought of Manson covering that song carries the rank stink of the BV sound with it. Who knows how Tyler will make it sound if it is indeed a cover of the Ministry's Stigmata.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of Ministry anymore. I definitely was as a youngster, should maybe give them a new try after however many years. They're one of those bands who influenced a lot of acts, but were immensely bested by those same influenced acts in the years after their prime. NIN did it better, now Ministry has this air of Beavis and Butthead to it. Then again, I only hear a Ministry song every year or so, whereas I once owned most of their albums.