Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gODHEAD - 2000 Years Of Human Error

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    I thought that it was I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me) that was a ripoff of Fame by David Bowie.
    It is, but Twiggy has also said in the past that "The Dope Show" was him basically ripping off Iggy Pop's "Nightclubbing".

Especially that bassline.

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    It is, but Twiggy has also said in the past that "The Dope Show" was him basically ripping off Iggy Pop's "Nightclubbing".

Especially that bassline.
    Wow, that is blatant. Same beat as Closer for NIN too lol.

Reminds me of when Skold worked for Motionless in White, and they had a song that sounded just like mOBSCENE

I thought that it was I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me) that was a ripoff of Fame by David Bowie. And yeah, idk if it's still around but there was a massive thread on stuff like this. But Negative Three is one of the best Spooky Kids tracks imo, and I Sell Society is like the Dollar Store brand knockoff version of it.
    I don't know how but I totally forgot about Fame being ripped off as well. But yes, Nightclubbing by Iggy Pop influenced the Dope Show.

My favorite Spooky Kids song will forever be Scaredy Cat.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

And Mister Superstar is I Wanna Be Your Dog....

The thing is Manson and Twiggy never hid their influence, but where as some people straight copy - MM/Twig still took something and ran with it to create something new.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Wow, that is blatant. Same beat as Closer for NIN too lol.

Reminds me of when Skold worked for Motionless in White, and they had a song that sounded just like mOBSCENE !
    And America by MiW was also just straight-up Ka-boom Ka-boom. And several other songs had lifted riffs from big songs by other artists. And then Chris Motionless and Combichrist ripped off Los by Rammstein. I fucking hate MiW and Skold because of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    I don't know how but I totally forgot about Fame being ripped off as well. But yes, Nightclubbing by Iggy Pop influenced the Dope Show.

My favorite Spooky Kids song will forever be Scaredy Cat.
    Wow, I never knew that, but listening to it I totally hear the influence. If the "wrote it in 15 minutes) story is true, it could be entirely accidental, too. It took me years to like Scaredy Cat. For a long time I thought it was easily the dumbest thing in the Spooky Kids catalogue. It's still not in my top 3 (Negative Three, Choklit Factory, Let Your Ego Die), but I don't skip it now. Also, there's some new mainstream song that also ripped off Fame and I straight up called it out while talking to some people while waiting to try on a dress at Hot Topic. And Trent also ripped off Fame on Hesitation Marks with All Time Low. Why does everyone do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post

The thing is Manson and Twiggy never hid their influence, but where as some people straight copy - MM/Twig still took something and ran with it to create something new.
    See, I can hear the influence in the guitar, but the riff isn't close enough for me to consider it like how I Don't Like The Drug (BTDLM) is. Both have simple riffs, but the two aren't that similar to me.
    Last edited by HG131; 07-04-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post

They totally gave Van Halen cred for The love Song and Blur for The Fight Song...there's a plethora of his songs that he doesn't give due to. just because from time to time he says "ya this guy/song influenced this song" doesn't really seperate his gimmick from your "some people straight copy". He IS a straight copy. Let it rest.

One thing I will say I found sort of bold is the title for the 'back stage' clipping titled the Death Parade and then My Chemical Romance run with a Black Parade or whatever it was called. I sort of scratched my head at that.

I do like, though, that a few props Manson has used has been seen used by Ms. Spears...and her Sweet Dreams remix (song & video) give me the hardest boner on earth.

Just have to say I love this album. I seen these guys headline a small bar with about 200 people back in 2001 for $7 and it was a fucking killer show, I still have very fond memories of that night!!! I have always wanted to see them again but never keep up with them after that album.

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I actually really enjoy this album sometimes. A good half-decade usually passes before I'm inclined to listen to it again, but when I do it's always a nice, unexpected surprise.
    Okay yes, the lyrics are pretty laborious, hackneyed crap for the most part. Jason Miller seems like a teenage Skinny Puppy fan who never grew up, despite probably being about 55, and had the band broken mainstream without Manson as mentor, they'd have been sullied with immediate Nine Inch Nails/Rammstein/Ministry comparisons that Manson himself was lucky to avoid.

All of that aside, the music itself is quite enjoyable, and what shines through on the album is that clearly, sometimes money and celebrity endorsement can buy you top-notch production time. It's nice for the completist to enjoy the contribution Manson and Twiggy made to the album. Obviously ...Error was released after Holy Wood, so for many of us it was considered one of the last projects they'd appear on together indefinitely, before the reunion. It was also released the day before I saw Manson in concert for the first time, and gODHEAD were the support act. So even on a nostalgia trip yeah, it's fun.

idk if it's still around but there was a massive thread on stuff like this.
    Anything like that will be spread across the respective album/topic sections in Evidence & Analyses. Nothing's been moved. Although so many of these comparisons have been tried and tested over the decades on various platforms, they're practically ingrained in the songs. During what still might be my favourite interview of Manson's, Kerrang! even suggested I Don't Like The Drugs... was comparable with Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard. They didn't get the date right, but I think it's obvious what they meant.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I just listened to this for the first time in forever. It's a solid album....still enjoy it. "Sinking" is still my favorite.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post