Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your Manson Fan Theories

As far as theories go, I only hve a recurrent one:

If the whole tryptich thing is right, the b-sides from those 3 eras are the ties that knot the whole concept toghether.

Holy Wood + Diamonds and Pollen + Mechanical Animals + Astonishing Panorama of the End Times or Apple of Sodom (but this one mostly due to the video) + Antichrist Superstar + Long Hard Road Out of Hell.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Manson shot the deputy.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit Celluloidholes's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Probably. Idk But him talking about planning and attempting to Kill a girl (I think her name was Linda or something) in his book with Pogo to help... But they got interrupted by someone. So..
    yeah he's killed a man :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    As far as theories go, I only hve a recurrent one:

If the whole tryptich thing is right, the b-sides from those 3 eras are the ties that knot the whole concept toghether.

Holy Wood + Diamonds and Pollen + Mechanical Animals + Astonishing Panorama of the End Times or Apple of Sodom (but this one mostly due to the video) + Antichrist Superstar + Long Hard Road Out of Hell.
    Could be so, but per Manson (if I remember correctly) the album's aren't in order...which would make sense to me if they were. I honestly sometimes doubt the tryptich was a thing and he just used it for marketing. I really see no ties with the three albums and think it's a bunch of BS.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    Do you remember years ago - over a decade - we used to discuss this idea and I suggested those songs are like bridges between the albums? I think the other interim tracks can be included to good use as well; The Suck For Your Solution, Highway To Hell, the Last Tour b-sides, Five To One (definitely, with the numbers...), Working Class Hero etc. I think the final song that can comfortably be associated with Holy Wood is Suicide Is Painless, which I suppose even by accident fits in quite well with the beginning/end thematic of The Triptych, and perhaps Count To Six And Die.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    Could be so, but per Manson (if I remember correctly) the album's aren't in order...
    You remember correctly. Although despite their description as a Triptych, he's always been intentionally ambiguous about the order they go in. The suggestion of it being back-to-front is a nice concept, but before all that Manson offered the following:-

"the way you see it... no matter what it is, there's no wrong way. But that is an important thing to bring up when you're looking at the three records - It's not a linear dimensional trilogy, it doesn't flow like A-B-C. Antichrist Superstar has elements that are there at the end, but then on Kinderfeld, for example... If I wanted to put the records in a particular order, Kinderfeld could be on Holy Wood and Count To Six And Die could be on Antichrist Superstar. I think it would be really interesting - and I'm sure a lot of my fans would too, because they love to really get into it - to try and sequence the records in their own order and burn a disc of how it could flow together... And I already know the order, because I've done it myself..."
    MM, HOLY WARS
    Metal Edge [2000]

Haha, there are obviously ties between the albums also, otherwise you wouldn't have Coma White/Black, recurring characters between Mechanical Animals and Diamonds & Pollen, and the cyclical PR Brown artwork throughout. Sometimes serendipity is just as valid a reason for creativity as intent.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

8. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Probably. Idk But him talking about planning and attempting to Kill a girl (I think her name was Linda or something) in his book with Pogo to help... But they got interrupted by someone. So..
    Yeah.

But as for how many people he's killed along with people he knows/band mates, I'd at least put it in the mid 20's. ...And he's not done yet.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Manson has never attempted to kill anyone, nor has he for fuck sake. Some of ya'll are too easy and get worked so hard.

And yes, I know Shangs is being sarcastic.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Yeah.

But as for how many people he's killed along with people he knows/band mates, I'd at least put it in the mid 20's. ...And he's not done yet.
    Manson The Killer? How could we miss That? Lol.

Dipp, I was stating what was said in his book. Have you read it?
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.