Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site Not Working Sometimes

benis

Well whatever the issue was seems resolved on my end. Been working fine for a couple days now.

Still a complete clusterfuck for me.

:-\

I know you guys are busy and all right now...but just for the record I'm still waiting for any help and/or guidance whatsoever and the dysfunctionality related to THIS site and THIS SITE ALONE is extremely maddening.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I know you guys are busy and all right now...but just for the record I'm still waiting for any help and/or guidance whatsoever and the dysfunctionality related to THIS site and THIS SITE ALONE is extremely maddening.
    For something I can't recreate on my end, nor have other users reporting it - I'm not sure even what to suggest for you. I'm looking into the IPs , but yes very busy at the moment.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

So I recreated Haz's issue on my end, and now facing the issue of too many redirects to where the site doesn't load unless I use incognito. The way I recreated this was by connecting through Facebook Connect, and now it's hard locked to these failed loads. Apparently there is an issue with vBulletin 4.2.2 and the Facebook connect button. Maybe it's worth disabling that or upgrading to 4.2.3 (which is supposed to not have the issue based on a quick Google search).

UPDATE: I fixed my issue by going into my Facebook settings and into "Apps" and deleting Provider Module from the list. Then I cleared browsing data to be able to log fully out of Facebook and Provider Module and come back in.

7. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

OMFG
    HALLELUJAH
    \o/

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Thanks Terrapin! I don't have the FB thing on, but I guess that's what causes the issue so I wouldn't have ever gotten it to happen.

I mean, I apparently fixed the issue by deleting the app but otherwise I didn't even know I had a Provider Module fb app, tbh.

I've literally never EVEN ONCE used it to log in.

o_O

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Unless anyone really uses the FB connect, I'll just disable it for now. VB is stable, but perhaps at some point I can look at other backends to run this off of.

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

This all started happening for me back when I saw Transformers: The Last Knight 3 times in a row on about 5 hits of acid and 2 liters of vodka.

I'm wondering if I didn't MAYBE try logging in through fb while RIDICULOUSLY wasted af.

Is there any way to check? I'm legitimately curious now, lol.

XD