Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [015]: SEP 27 2017 - The Fillmore - Silver Spring, Maryland, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    What. He is playing things from past albums and he played the singles. At least he did play them, they're badass to hear live. Go cry.
    Lol "he played songs from past albums" no shit that isn't the problem. It's which songs from which albums.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Can't wait to hear Kill4Me live.

That’s interesting, in a good way. I like it. Reminds me of The Vulture from Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Lol "he played songs from past albums" no shit that isn't the problem. It's which songs from which albums.
    I agree, but are we really surprised at this point? It’s the same stuff over and over again. At this point, I don’t really expect anything more. But with the albums release he’ll most likely play some newer tracks, and then go back to the previous set list. I actually enjoy Deep Six live, and No Reflection is fun with the beat and all. For me anyway.

I’d love a more interesting set list as well. But, I don’t expect one anymore.
    Last edited by cataract777; 09-27-2017 at 09:28 PM.

I wish he would switch KILL4ME, no reflection, and deep six out for literally any other song he's ever written. Like I'll even take mutilation is the most sincere form of flattery or something over these three.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Those songs are always good live and received well which he takes into account when making a set list.

This every tour setlist complaining is getting old. Don’t go to a show, easy as that, or just go and enjoy a live show.

5. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Or maybe play different songs once a decade or so. And it isn't even that, I'm not complaining cause I'm bored of the songs I'm complaining because it makes no sense not to play something else and better this tour. No reflection and deep six are over and were never the most amazing songs on their respective albums. He's not promoting BV or TPE this tour. He should be playing Blood Honey and Heaven Upside Down. Additionally, when he was touring for BV and TPE the best crowd pleasers were never those two songs it was always pistol whipped and pound me the witch drums and third day of a seven day binge etc etc. Furthermore, cutting the reflecting god and coma white leaves zero slow and somber songs on the setlist which is upsetting and perplexing.

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I wish he would switch KILL4ME, no reflection, and deep six out for literally any other song he's ever written. Like I'll even take mutilation is the most sincere form of flattery or something over these three.
    So take out a new song they just debuted live for a old song, but still call the tour The Heaven Upside Down Tour... ok.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

All that would happen if he changed the set list is that it would end up with someone else bitching about it instead.

11. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

So take out a new song they just debuted live for a old song, but still call the tour The Heaven Upside Down Tour... ok.
    She was showing her disdain for those songs by using one of the worst songs he's ever written as an example.

That setlist is awful and it's been awful for almost a decade now. I really wish he would take into account that he has major fans at these shows that are dying to hear his better material and not the same old bullshit singles every tour. This is the reason I only catch tours every few cycles, or make any effort to go see him unless he is at my doorstep. Even when I skip a few tours, I go and I'm [i]still[i/] bored with these same songs and regret the effort.

It's your headline tour, Manson. The people there are all your fans who know your material. Please use deeper cuts and better songs. Playing the greatest hits tour every single cycle couldn't be more boring, and it keeps some of us from even going to see you anymore.

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit Freeston3r's Instagram Channel

I never got to hear Deep Six live so I'm glad it's still on the set list. Maybe a few new tracks will be replaced with others tracks when the new album comes out.

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Oh for the...

The shock is that anyone is shocked after a decade, except to be pleasantly surprised if he does change it up beyond the singles for a song, or got angry enough to change around. He is clearly playing it safe (and well within his comfort zone) with maybe an experiment on one song or ontro/outro.

Nor is he the only one. Of all the major venue concerts I've been to this year with artists who have been around for over a decade every single one of them (barring PJ Harvey, who played only one old song - to equal rage) played a mix of old hits, new hits and that was about it. Nick Cave has pretty well been playing the same set list for nearly 20 years with the exception of switching out new songs. The only early stuff is Stagger Lee and the Mercy Seat (and once I got lucky in 2002 when he wove in half of the album From Her to Eternity'). Sometimes it is easier to accommodate the many than wade through it all to craft a new narrative after all that time, again. At least this was 1.5 hours. And yes, of course there are bands who are exceptions.

Eh. Go or don't go, whatever, but at least work within parameters of likelihood. Remove your optimism, lie back and relax. Nothing new, etc.
    Last edited by Enname; 09-27-2017 at 11:58 PM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

17. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post