Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [017]: SEP 30 2017 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, New York, USA

Only took a handful tonight

Setting up

Immediaely after the incident

2. Like 19 Member(s) liked this post

I'm sure it goes without saying, but "empty and distraught" do not even begin to cover how I feel right now

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Look, I'm always the one who calls him out for shit health wise but this incident isn't on him. It's the crews fault for not making sure that prop was secure. I do not think he was belligerent or intoxicated to a degree where he would be reckless enough to not care for his safety. Manson has always interacted with stage props he used to do it a lot back in the day. A good example is the OG Pulpit, imagine someone not making sure that wasn't secure.

I'll take emotive energetic quirky Manson over the Manson that walks from left to right and stands like a stiff board anyday. This tours set list may be the same stuff we've heard a thousand times but the visuals actually elevate this tour. These are the strongest visuals for a tour in years. I hope he gets better and fired whoever was stupid enough to not know that Manson likes to interact with shit. Side tangent yes he does need to get sober but that's not relevant to this incident.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

6. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

If this has already been posted, I apologize. Start at around 2:12

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

*Double post

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    I'll take emotive energetic quirky Manson over the Manson that walks from left to right and stands like a stiff board anyday. This tours set list may be the same stuff we've heard a thousand times but the visuals actually elevate this tour. These are the strongest visuals for a tour in years.
    Yeah, I watched footage from the show in Silver Springs, and at the show I went to in Pittsburgh it was spot on and had an energy I hadn't heard in years from him/the band. Well over a decade, actually. It's really unfortunate that he fell off the stage on the 29th and hurt his ankle (though he's okay) and now this. I can say that these songs, all of them, are stellar. About his injury, I think it looks worse than it actually is. Even in the picture of him being taken to the hospital, the EMT's didn't look too concerned and he also didn't have a splint/brace on. If he didn't land the way he did, it could have been a lot worse. And to people saying "he should know better", have they even seen any of Manson's performances? He is always climbing on props and platforms.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

10. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

The blame's either 100% on Manson or 100% on the guy in charge of the props; Manson was either told he couldn't climb it etc and ignored it, making it his own fault, or wasn't told about the limitations of the piece in which case it's totally on the guy who didn't tell him the ways it wasn't safe it interact with it.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

It's not so often that I experience a state of elation plummet to anxiety and disturbance in the most inopportune way. It was very hard to process in the moment, and a very sinking and unsettling mindset, which is why I took some time to post about my experience at the show, and my very first Marilyn Manson show nonetheless.

In most cases, especially if it's a forum like this one, I'd at least post about it the second or couple of minutes I returned home from it, but this case was absolutely different.

I not only felt sad just because the show was cut short, but also/obviously because Marilyn Manson was injured. I genuinely felt horrible for him. A part of me obviously knew that it's just one of those things that happens and you just got to let it go and move on and hope for the best, but at the same time, it really just put me in a state of shock. (And obviously not the good kind.) I didn't see it very clearly though, and wondered if it was actually part of the show until they stopped Sweet Dreams and made it clear that the show had to be cancelled due to injury.

It was a paradox of feelings since earlier, I was in complete starstruck mode, seeing one of my favorite performers live for the very first time, to getting bummed out that it had to end that way, and on top of that still being my first Marilyn Manson show ever. I was also bummed out at not having it end up long enough to get a chance to also see Lunchbox.

As for the positives, I was seriously loving the set-list and the panache delivered so far was just wanted I wanted and needed, especially for closing out a Saturday night on the weekend. Getting to see Tourniquet, The Dope Show, Disposable Teens, This Is The New Shit and mOBSCENE in person were definitely my highlights so far as they made me nostalgia hard. Relevation #12 was also such an awesome opener, and now easily one of my favorite songs from Heaven Upside Down so far. And while I was at the first balcony, I just happened to be at a seat directing pointing to the center of the start where he was standing and singing most of the time. No complaints here, as I'm very satisfied in spite of how the show had come to an abrupt end in such an unfortunate way.

Aside from that, I can only hope and wish for the best, and just better luck next time. A part of me now hopes he doesn't mess with gigantic props or any props for that matter from here on out, but I also see why that would subtract from the showmanship and art. Out of all things, I thought that the stilts would actually get to him first. (Even way before I saw him live.)

But yes, it was basically feelings from ranging too, "Whoa, this is awesome. I'm finally seeing Marilyn Manson in the flesh for the very first time." to "Oh shit! What in the fuck just happened?" to "Damn. What a bummer and overall way to end a Saturday night. At least I got to see him live, but damn." all at once.

All I can say is that I obviously hope he recovers and gets well soon, along with some much needed and deserved rest.

All in all, it was an overall messed up mindscrew.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-05-2017 at 06:01 PM.

14. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    The blame's either 100% on Manson or 100% on the guy in charge of the props; Manson was either told he couldn't climb it etc and ignored it, making it his own fault, or wasn't told about the limitations of the piece in which case it's totally on the guy who didn't tell him the ways it wasn't safe it interact with it.
    I'm pretty sure, as it's on wheels, that they should have been locked or it fastened somehow. Again, he's always climbed on props. He's not stupid and he wasn't wasted, so it wasn't as though he had the mind of a child and just idotically climbed onto something without any caution. He was expecting it to stay in place. And it should have. I just don't think the crew did their jobs as the show the night before it, he fell off the stage and hurt his ankle and security weren't even really trying to secure him. They barely even broke his fall. So, I put the blame on the crew for this one.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

16. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

[–]gimp1124 1 point a minute ago

Obviously I can’t say exactly what he did or didn’t do before the show. But after seeing him 15x now I can def say I’ve personally never seen him this bad. He was rambling on and on between songs and his speech was really incoherent.
    I'm absolutely inclined to believe this. Manson was shitfaced talking to that reporter from The Grauniad during that embarrassing interview just a few short weeks ago, and it's impossible to tell anymore in footage when he's sober or hammered. He doesn't look normal in any of the posted footage, but then, Manson hasn't acted normally for a long, long time anyway.

I don't expect to win many friends here by mentioning this, of course, when everyone here would sacrifice their first-born on Manson's altar given the chance.

If it comes to light that he was hammered, and the show I paid two hundred dollars for my party to attend gets cancelled without refunds [as the Manson camp has been wont to do for a long time], I'm going to be quite displeased.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

18. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

It's been over 12 hours since the show ended and I haven't even been able to drag myself into bed yet because I'm still so upset. This really is the worst.