Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [018]: NOV 05 2017 - OZZFEST MEETS KNOTFEST - California, USA

I am grateful to see he is legitimately taking care <3
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    Is this a joke? There was a mass shooting in which 26 people were killed yesterday. The fifth deadliest in US history. A month ago was the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

And I already addressed this in my post. It's not difficult to grasp because using a gun as a microphone isn't a message. There's no point there. It's waving around a gun for the sake of waving around a gun. If there were any sort of artistic or anti-gun message involved, he wouldn't be catching any shit. He's just trying to be inflammatory.
    I was referring to the TMZ post, I thought they were talking about the 2015 shooting. Didn't hear about a shooting yesterday.

Whoops. Yeah it's a joke.
    Last edited by Nemoris Inferioris; 11-06-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Metaldozer Machine Works, Inc
    Chillin' Killin'

6. Like 8 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

This isnít the best quality video but what I found interesting was they combined the beginning of the intro from the last tour right into Revelation #12. Sounds good.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Those are awesome crutches.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

This is one of the most interesting, provocative, daring, fearless things I've ever seen Marilyn Manson do on a stage. I'm not just talking about the gun, either.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

11. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    This is one of the most interesting, provocative, daring, fearless things I've ever seen Marilyn Manson do on a stage. I'm not just talking about the gun, either.
    I know you are an absolute expert at drawing (sometimes inventing, like NK) profound insight from the slightest thing Manson does, but... do you feel like sharing with the class what's so interesting, daring, or fearless about this? Do you have a genuine argument for this being anything other than a guy who's entire aesthetic is just slowly becoming 'guns?'

lol you ever think Manson just goes, "These kids love me. All I have to do is hold a gun and the dumb ones will think I'm a super cool badass and the pretentious ones will think I'm making a profound point."

But I think the wheelchair thing is pretty cool. I think it's so rare to see Manson show any genuine vulnerability, which is what this is. It's clear that he has very low confidence based on everything he does and what he's said about it, which he overcompensates for with either the "I'm a tough macho guy" thing or the "random joke" thing. So I genuinely thought it was endearing for him to pull a Dave Grohl with the wheelchair and play it up instead of trying to pretend it's not a thing.

I also think those videos sound pretty decent.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Wow! Manson in a wheelchair on stage is probably the weirdest thing ever. . Kudos for doing shows so early although his leg is clearly not healed. Manson in a wheelchair on stage? That's another one off the bucket list. Pumped for the Europe shows. I hope he adds some songs from Heaven Upside Down.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    This isnít the best quality video but what I found interesting was they combined the beginning of the intro from the last tour right into Revelation #12. Sounds good.
    http://youtu.be/GPRKyH4j1Hg
    Mozart's Dies Irae from his Requiem thematically works perfectly with Revelation #12. It is after all, about the opening up of hell and divine retribution upon the souls of the sinners and the faithful: 'Day of wrath, that day will dissolve heaven and earth into ashes.'

The wheelchair use - and the variety of them - is pretty special. The gun and regular chair is both vulnerable and a great juxtaposition of the rage of disenfranchisement (even if not deliberate), but I also like the gurney, harks back to the images from Mechanical Animals.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

16. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Manson's gun aesthetic is fine - it is a world wide fascination and inundation anyhow.
    The current props weave just the right amount of vulnerability of violence together.
    After all the gun is one of the greatest crutches we have.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

18. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post