Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess Heaven upside down through new 3 songs

Default Guess Heaven upside down through 3 new songs

Revelation #12 : It sounds like Burning flag with a bit ACSS vibe.

Say10: It feels not ordinary MM style. To me, it sounds like well-produced mix of 2000s nu metal bands.

Untitled instrumental song: I don't know whether this song included or not. Anyway, it reminds me of remake version of Heaven on the brain.

We know where you live: more straight version of Astonishing panorama of the endtimes
    Last edited by hyde; 07-21-2017 at 10:51 PM.

It's clearly going to be closer to ACSS than anything he's released since [much more so than Holy Wood, which often draws criticism for being "too much like ACSS" but which doesn't sound much like it, to my mind]. Probably the heaviest record since Golden Age. I do wonder if there will be something akin to "Cryptorchid" on it, not in the sense of sounding like that track but rather in being basically a pure industrial track with no rock elements.

I don't mind this direction, but I hope the eleventh album, assuming we get one, comes way the fuck out of left field. Antichrist Superstar already had a very strong Ministry-circa-Psalm 69 vibe going on. If he's already released a record that draws heavily from Ministry, and another one - GAOG - that's very influenced by Kraut industrial rock bands like KMFDM and Rammstein, then it would follow to my mind to try for a more Skinny Puppyesque sound. That's the only major industrial rock band from that era I can't readily hear in any of the albums.
    Last edited by The Overman; 07-21-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    It's clearly going to be closer to ACSS than anything he's released since [much more so than Holy Wood, which often draws criticism for being "too much like ACSS" but which doesn't sound much like it, to my mind]. Probably the heaviest record since Golden Age. I do wonder if there will be something akin to "Cryptorchid" on it, not in the sense of sounding like that track but rather in being basically a pure industrial track with no rock elements.

I don't mind this direction, but I hope the eleventh album, assuming we get one, comes way the fuck out of left field. Antichrist Superstar already had a very strong Ministry-circa-Psalm 69 vibe going on. If he's already released a record that draws heavily from Ministry, and another one - GAOG - that's very influenced by Kraut industrial rock bands like KMFDM and Rammstein, then it would follow to my mind to try for a more Skinny Puppyesque sound. That's the only major industrial rock band from that era I can't readily hear in any of the albums.
    I love Ministry so i'm not complaining at all lol

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I feel it is a lot like a hybrid of the heavier moments from [GOAG/Antichrist/HW] mixed with the Glam sounding guitars and drum machines you hear on Mechanical Animals. Notice the leads on "We Know Where You Fucking Live" and "Say10". Overall im pretty impressed.

BTW sorry to burst anyones bubble but the intrumental isn't a new song. You can clearly see they are jamming sweet dreams in a different way. Just look at the notes twiggy plays. Its all in the same key. Either way its nice. Gives Manson a break. And gives Tyler a moment.
    Im An Entity In Which Is Invisible To Mankind...

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Idk the drums and overall beat sounds very different to Sweet Dreams. Either way it's cool.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post

BTW sorry to burst anyones bubble but the intrumental isn't a new song. You can clearly see they are jamming sweet dreams in a different way. Just look at the notes twiggy plays. Its all in the same key. Either way its nice. Gives Manson a break. And gives Tyler a moment.
    thank god i'm not the only one that notices this, jfc. it isn't the first time sweet dreams has gone through a slight mix live. and i also don't know why people are so psyched about this instrumental. it's just a guitarist saying hay look wut i can dew

The new songs shown off live sound very much pre-Skold Manson to me, lots of Antichrist Superstar, bits of Mechanical Animals and even Portrait (Holy Wood already pretty much was ACSS+MA in many ways so I don't think I need to mention it). If also fits very well with the sound of the very recently Stigmata cover, and even though there's almost no chance that will be on the album it could be taken as an indication of where they stand right now music-wise.

If this is the direction they're going in - and I hope it is - I can't really see SAY10 fitting in on the album anymore unless they've reworked it significantly. It has a very different sound, the drums much more "modern" and, as someone said above, more of a nu-metal vibe.
    Considering how long ago it was that it was "released" now it could very well have been reworked or even entirely dropped. It's no longer the title of the album, so there's really no proof it's still included. And honestly I wouldn't miss it at all, it never did anything for me.

The long delay of the album kinda indicates that it's been re-imagined or rebuilt heavily since it was first started, so we really know very little but I hope what's been revealed most recently is a clear indication of what kind of album we're getting. I'm actually a bit hyped for the new album now, which I wasn't before and honestly haven't been since before TGAOG, which was a real long time ago now.

It isn't like Antichrist Superstar is worlds removed from nu-metal or anything.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

For the first time since I'm a Manson fan (2008), his description of the record (in this case, MA+ACSS, but with a chip on its shoulder) is spot-on.

Also, Revelation's beginning guitar riff is Little Horn's guitar riff in 2017.

Another thing I've noticed is that We Know Where You Fucking Live also reminds me of Little Horn (Little Horn is BOOOOOOORN/We know where you fucking LIIIIIIIIVE) towards the end of the song when the double kick drum kicks in.

Say10, on the other hand, is one of those ''hypnotic'' Manson songs, like Kinderfeld and I Want To Kill You... etc,. at least for me.

I'm really excited for the new record. I hope something drops really soon! :)

It isn't like Antichrist Superstar is worlds removed from nu-metal or anything.
    Well, nu-metal is/was a quite wide label with it's most central characteristic being that it blended various kinds of other styles with metal - as did Manson. But what was at the time called nu-metal was most often a blend with hip-hop, funk (as well as hardcore and electronic) elements/influences, which also reflected in how these bands dressed and looked. Both were kinds of crossover metal I suppose. But Manson had very different influences and came out of a different scene, having more in common with Nine Inch Nails or Ministry.

Either way, nu-metal is really too vague to really describe the song, but it certainly didn't sound like an ACSS song to me in any way. More so a TGAOG song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    For the first time since I'm a Manson fan (2008), his description of the record (in this case, MA+ACSS, but with a chip on its shoulder) is spot-on.

Also, Revelation's beginning guitar riff is Little Horn's guitar riff in 2017.

Another thing I've noticed is that We Know Where You Fucking Live also reminds me of Little Horn (Little Horn is BOOOOOOORN/We know where you fucking LIIIIIIIIVE) towards the end of the song when the double kick drum kicks in.

Say10, on the other hand, is one of those ''hypnotic'' Manson songs, like Kinderfeld and I Want To Kill You... etc,. at least for me.

I'm really excited for the new record. I hope something drops really soon! :)
    Yeah, they've been saying things like this before, but this time it actually sounds quite a bit like it from what I've heard.
    Can't see the connection between Say10 and Kinderfeld though, which in my ears is one of those very Daisy-sounding quirky, dark songs that Manson haven't really done since Holy Wood. But maybe we're thinking of different aspects of it.

I think you could possibly hear a SP influence on some of the quieter/weirder songs on ACSS, but not that much.

They incorporated some of that earlier on Smells Like Children, with the remixes and sound experiments, even if some of that wasn't done by the band.
    In one 1996 interview I remember, Manson even talks about maybe ditching guitars, replacing them with keyboards or something else (sort of).

It would be very interesting to hear Manson go in a more industrial direction, though I doubt they're in the right mindset for it at this point. I could easily see them having gone in that direction after ACSS instead of the glam route.
    Last edited by kill; 08-02-2017 at 11:46 PM.