Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess Heaven upside down through new 3 songs

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

It sounds like itself. That's it.

Why do we do this every era?

Quote Originally Posted by kill View Post

It would be very interesting to hear Manson go in a more industrial direction, though I doubt they're in the right mindset for it at this point. I could easily see them having gone in that direction after ACSS instead of the glam route.
    I couldn't imagine Manson without Mechanical Animals in his discography, it's my favorite album man this is blasphemy.

"It will be very cinematic, but also personal, but not in the same way as the last album. It's really taking Marilyn Manson back to where we started, and it will remind you of Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals."

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    Revelation #12 : It sounds like Burning flag with a bit ACSS vibe.

Say10: It feels not ordinary MM style. To me, it sounds like well-produced mix of 2000s nu metal bands.

Untitled instrumental song: I don't know whether this song included or not. Anyway, it reminds me of remake version of Heaven on the brain.

We know where you live: more straight version of Astonishing panorama of the endtimes
    why is a lounge version of sweet dreams even deemed much other than a lounge version of sweet dreams? jesus. the lounge version of mr superstar didn't get this much attention. y'all need to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by ReversedHate View Post
    I couldn't imagine Manson without Mechanical Animals in his discography, it's my favorite album man this is blasphemy.
    It's one of my favorites too, I'm just saying I think that's one other logical direction they could have gone if they didn't do MA, considering where they were after ACSS.

Quote Originally Posted by kill View Post
    It's one of my favorites too, I'm just saying I think that's one other logical direction they could have gone if they didn't do MA, considering where they were after ACSS.
    Without Mechanical Animals Marilyn Manson would've run the risk of just being like every other 90s band, the huge contrast in styles between most of the albums, but particularly those two is what I feel really set them apart at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    Without Mechanical Animals Marilyn Manson would've run the risk of just being like every other 90s band, the huge contrast in styles between most of the albums, but particularly those two is what I feel really set them apart at that time.
    Though of course this is increasingly less true, to the great detriment of the band. I still feel they'd have one shot at doing something radically different if they wanted it.

Honestly I'm still getting TPE vibes from these songs, even though they have slightly warmed up on me. So far this is like a slightly more revved up TPE. I do like Revelations Chorus riff it kinda gives me slight, and I mean slight, Target Audience vibes. Overall I really wanna see Manson change his sound in a super drastic way. Have him do something that he's never done before but I don't think that is gonna happen and if it does it probably wouldn't be handled too well cause it seems like he's way more comfortable just repeating stuff. I hate sounding like I am dogging on him but this is just how I feel. I'll say it again though, once I fully listen to HUD I will give it a legitimate chance to change my mind. Live is one thing, studio album is another. So maybe the album will truly impress me once I hear it. That is what I hope at least.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

This guy nailed it.

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM