Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Dislike/Facepalm button.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Default Dislike/Facepalm button.

I see, like, at least 10 posts every time I visit here that need to be facepalmed. I think everybody can agree with me that it's of utmost importance that we get a facepalm button. Call it whatever you want as long as the sentiment of "this post sucks" is the main idea.

Plus I think it would clear the forum of bullshit. If we had a button to mark a post as shit, we wouldn't have to post just to say "this post is shit."

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Muddy Knees

Eh, it wouldn't work too well as a beneficial function in practice. I agree that many things deserve a facepalm, but just clicking a button is likely to be abused, without any actual effort, and would get out of hand to the point of obnoxiousness.

Either facepalm to yourself and move on, or facepalm and contribute something worthwhile to rebut instead. Active down-voting on Reddit tends to generate bullshit most of the time, even anonymously, and I see this only causing similar issues here.