Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miscellaneous Facts About Yourself II

One time I saw a moose
    This space intentionally left blank.

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerjam View Post
    If you've ever read the series.. Which you OBVIOUSLY haven't. You'd know that there is ZERO religious or political allegory in the entire fictional war. Any similarities that can be found are either very shady or entirely coincidental.
    Even if there were. The reason I love the series so much is very far removed from any religious or political motivation.

Yeah I've got an embarrassing amount of hours in that game.

PS.
    If you want blatant religious and political allegory see CS. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia.
    You're absolutely right that I haven't read all of the books. High fantasy isn't really my thing for whatever reason. I'm more into horror, true crime, and realism. But I've read The Fellowship of the Ring, which I vaguely remember having some Christ and Satan metaphors.

Also:
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&...k1.LTt1p6qKh5A

Anyway, sorry for bogging down this thread with too many replies.

Here are some misc facts about me:

I was home-schooled from the 4th grade onward.

I have a degree in criminal justice.

My favorite author is Janet Fitch.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post

Have you ever been to a plastination exhibition? I recently went to Body Worlds in Amsterdam and loved it! Well, apart from the penis that they had sliced like a carrot *cringe* and the digestive system was a bit too much for me. Would post pics from my visit in here but I don't know if that would be against the forum rules or something.

Yes! I went to one of the really early ones in Blackpool in '04 when I was studying at Manchester. Then to the permanent one at Guben in Germany. There is probably nothing that would make me flinch in terms of body parts, per se. Some of the strange arrangements they have them in are a bit, er, cliche though. I also find it fascinating watching people who go there and were clearly not sure about what would be there. It is interesting to see the reaction to human remains as displayed in a museum, rather than buried in a ceremonial manner and being set aside. Some find it too confronting, while others barely even notice.

Maybe if you put it in another thread than this one. Shangs started one for 'interesting' places. That might work?
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Phobias: needles, anal, silence

I wasn't born any kind of anything, but my grand entrance into the world led my father to pass out muahaha

I had to have 2 epidurals during labor- on top of the drugs they put in my IV; fun redhead fact "Because the MC1R gene belongs to the same family of genes that play a role in pain, the mutation causes redheads to be more sensitive to it. Aug 18, 2015"

I've never broke a bone; I imagine labor is similar to breaking several bones at once.

I've met in person twofacedegg23 & hazekiah, and a couple inactive users. I'd love to meet most of you silly betches, though <3
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    You're absolutely right that I haven't read all of the books. High fantasy isn't really my thing for whatever reason. I'm more into horror, true crime, and realism. But I've read The Fellowship of the Ring, which I vaguely remember having some Christ and Satan metaphors.

Also:
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&...k1.LTt1p6qKh5A

Anyway, sorry for bogging down this thread with too many replies.

Here are some misc facts about me:

I was home-schooled from the 4th grade onward.

I have a degree in criminal justice.

My favorite author is Janet Fitch.
    Yes there are MANY people on the internet who'v also never read the book and know nothing about Tolkien himself who assume that because he was a roman catholic that his story is religious allegory.. An accusation he vehemently denounced constantly...
    NO there's no Christ figure on Lord of the rings.. No chosen one.. Just an obvious villain.. Is every villain a representation of Satan by that logic? Sorry this is a subject I'm very passionate about and have studied deeply..

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I've rarely used a condom yet somehow don't have an STD or a kid.
    That's not going to happen until you put it in a girl dude.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

12. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter Add Shangri-LIE on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    That's not going to happen until you put it in a girl dude.

Fuck u M8

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

^ Come on Shangs, you can do better than that!

Back on topic:

• English is my second language and I have learned most of it without a teacher, not in the traditional sense anyway. Some of it I learned by translating the lyrics to most songs from Antichrist Superstar and some by IMing some people on this board.
    • Mint, anise and fennel physically make me gag, more than any dick I have ever sucked. Especially mint. From what the birthgiver tells me, her morning sickness was triggered by the toothpaste she was using while carrying me so maybe that's why I dislike mint so much.
    • I do my own manicure, pedicure, body waxing and also cut and dye my own hair.
    "The more freedon we're given to express ourselves, the more we want to be free of having to deal with anyone who may disagree with us or upset us" - Mark Manson

16. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post