Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Idiot Trinity Professor Says That White People Can Die; Costs School a Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    Are you really that dense? I’ve not made one mention to you about your love affair with ‘shangs’ or this forum being the reason for your neuroticism and autistic rage. How you made that inference is baffling but you were triggered and may have ‘short-circuited’ in a Hillarian way.

But I get it. Marxism is retro, it’s hip. You’re going against the grain.
    I mean, sure, it's 'retro' and 'hip'. It's even chic. Capitalism is excellent at recuperating its fiercest foes. I don't care for Lenin, but he was quite prescient in this respect:

During the lifetime of great revolutionaries, the oppressing classes constantly hounded them, received their theories with the most savage malice, the most furious hatred and the most unscrupulous campaigns of lies and slander. After their death, attempts are made to convert them into harmless icons, to canonize them, so to say, and to hallow their names to a certain extent for the “consolation” of the oppressed classes and with the object of duping the latter, while at the same time robbing the revolutionary theory of its substance, blunting its revolutionary edge and vulgarizing it.
    Thus the phenomenon of the 'Che shirt'. The same phenomenon lies at the root of this, for that matter:

The difference being, of course, that I don't own a Che shirt. Or a BLM card. I do own firearms.

And I know you didn't "mention (my) love affair with shangs". That's what I'm mocking you for. For, far from demanding a 'safe space' for myself, he just got one from me, in the form of the removal of the chat box, because I was humiliating him for being a leech - quite at odds with his views.

Indeed, I don't demand any 'echo chamber', either. I'm quite happy to hand all of you ubermenschen, you radical individuals, your collective asses, one at a time.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

The way you stick to your guns is Hillary-ous and betrays a hipster level of irony. But you won’t be allowed to own guns once you’ve cucked to totalitarian rule, no matter which facade you play bottom to. You can only jerk off to your philosofailure for so long before you shoot your load and come up empty.

Don’t tell me you’re Antifa? Actually, that would be more entertaining. Do you oppose your familial fascism; you know, the other side of the same coin to which you communists give head to?

What's really Hillary-ous is that you think trying to tar a Marxist with the same brush you apply to Hillary Clinton is clever - as if I even voted for Clinton.

There's a website, Marxists.org. It's pretty shitty - it's a Trot outlet, and they're really little better in their analysis or praxis than Stalinists - but even they know better than to champion Hillary fucking Clinton (or Bill).

https://www.marxists.org/history/eto...ightsPR44.html

Take the April 25 gay and lesbian rights march in Washington. Originally planned as a protest against Republican anti-gay attacks, it became instead a warm, fuzzy blanket tocover for the Democrats, a gentle reminder to Clinton to keep his promise to lift the military ban on gays. The gay and lesbian leadership not only pushed the military issue over all others, suppressing many vital questions. It used the “let us serve our country” line to push the lie that gays can make it safely into the mainstream of U.S. capitalist society.

Pulling off the pro-Clinton bash wasn’t easy. The month before, Clinton had openly considered the possibility of segregating gays in the military. As Donna Minkowitz reported, prominent gay leaders cautioned the White House that “the march would be an anti-Clinton protest unless the president showed more support for lifting the military ban.” (Village Voice, April 27.)

But Clinton’s support for gay rights has gone down, not up. He not only refused to appear at the rally—he high-tailed it out of town, sending a clear message: keep your distance. The leadership had to work overtime that day to drown out the real Clinton with excuses about his “dilemma.”...
    https://www.marxists.org/history/eto.../atc/4943.html

The ascendance of the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC), which the nomination of Bill Clinton and Al Gore symbolized, was a reflection of many of these changes and of the new policies demanded by more sections of capital. It was not simply some regional shift in party leadership, but at a deeper level one event in a broader shift of bourgeois politics the world around.

This shift is best known for the rise of neo-liberal, market based policies that permeate all of the bourgeois parties of the developed capitalist world and infect most of its working-class parties as well. This shift has tilted the politics of the Third World in the same direction, and taken on a nearly messianic character in Eastern Europe and the Confederation of Independent States. It is even the prism through which the entrenched bureaucracy of China views its economic future.

This neo-liberalism is as central to the bourgeois politics of this period of crisis as Keynesian theory was to the preceding era of capitalism. The neo-liberal policy paradigm attempts to address the crisis of profitability through a violent, continuous restructuring process (business-cycle economic theorist Joseph Schumpeter called this "creative destruction").
    Etc. etc. etc. We dislike Sanders, let alone Clinton. Marxism is not simply "the Democratic platform, but left-er".

Don’t tell me you’re Antifa? Actually, that would be more entertaining. Do you oppose your familial fascism; you know, the other side of the same coin to which you communists give head to?
    Again, you don't understand shit, so expecting you to know anything is beyond the pale. Nevertheless, I shall try:

"Antifascism" is useless because it limits it criticism of capitalism to one form.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marxism_101..._and_violence/

[–]MirandaTS 14 points 1 month ago
    The general position here is that antifa fails because it only opposes 'fascism' and not capitalism with it, not anything to do with their tactics. We don't oppose violence - after all, communism can only be achieved through it, and the dictatorship of the proletariat (the revolution itself) relies on it.
    [–]Tzadikim 16 points 1 month ago*
    In cases like these, it's useful simply to repeat myself.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/marxism_101...t7&sh=3ed769ff
    Antifa have made Intell, Lyft, Campbell, etc. champions of "anti-fascism" in the eyes of naive liberals.
    By valorizing anti-fascism as the highest political virtue, all anti-fascist political actors become virtuous.
    None of us here - and I'm definitely comfortable speaking for the sub on this - are fans of antifa, to the extent that they place combating a manifestation of capitalism - right-wing authoritarianism - above combating capitalism itself. Their recent alliances of convenience with Google and other social media and Internet platforms calls into question the integrity of their entire 'anti-capitalist' project.
    Of course, we don't especially oppose their activities either, except to say that there ought to be more of an effort to connect with the minority groups that the fascists target and to assist those groups in organizing their own self-defense. Ideally, 'antifa' would be essentially an apolitical support group for targeted communities, rather than a LARPing outfit for Maoist kids.
    But we also object to your notion of 'dialogue', simply because that's not how political consciousness works. We have no interest in 'converting' anyone to the One True Religion; the only purpose of political discourse is in defending one's own propositions - it's almost a purely subjective activity. Political consciousness emerges from material conditions, and while it can be enlarged and deepened through study and dialogue it's virtually impossible to change. [Consider the number of professional extremists who vacillate between fascism and Stalinism before settling on some variant of National Bolshevism, for example.] The only good 'talking' to a fascist would do would be to show that the 'globalist elites' he dislikes are really just capitalists, and that the 'globalism' he deplores is a feature of the capitalism he defends.
    Long story short, antifa and its affiliated Leftist currents basically misinterpret the current status of American capitalism. We aren't Germany under Hitler in 1933, but France under Louis Napoleon in 1852. Trumpism isn't fascism - though it contains a fascist kernel - but a hodge-podge of the most banal elements of American capitalism.
    permalinkembedreport
    The Marxist Amadeo Bordiga is the originator of this perspective:

https://libcom.org/files/Amadeo%20Bo...0Auschwitz.pdf

A recent leaflet of the M.R.A.P. (Movement against Racism, Anti-semitism and for Peace) attributed to Nazism the blame for the death of 50 million human beings, of whom 6 million were Jews. This position identical to the fascist warmongers slogan of self-styled communists, is typically bourgeois. In refusing to see that capitalism itself is the cause of the crises and cataclysms that periodically ravage the globe, the bourgeois ideologues and reformists have always pretended instead to explain them by each other's wickedness. One can see here the fundamental similarity of the ideologies (if one dares say it) of fascism and anti-fascism. Both proclaim that it is thoughts, ideas, the will of human groupings which determine social phenomena. Against these ideologies, which we call bourgeois because both defend capitalism, against all these faded idealists, of today and tomorrow, Marxism has demonstrated that it is, on the contrary, social relations which determine the movement of ideas. This is the keystone of Marxism, and in order to see to what a degree pseudo-Marxists have disowned it, it is sufficient to point out that as far as they are concerned, everything comes about through ideas: colonialism, imperialism, capitalism itself, are nothing more than mental states. And to cap it all, the evils that humanity suffer are due to evil doers: misery mongers, oppression mongers, war mongers etc. Marxism has demonstrated that on the contrary misery, oppression, wars of destruction, far from being anomalies caused through deliberately malevolent wills, are part of the normal functioning of capitalism. This is particularly so in the epoch of wars of Imperialism, a theme we will develop further because of the important way in which it bears on our subject: the question of destruction.
    We are "anti-fascist" to the same extent we're anti-capitalism. We're no more or less anti-social democracy or anti-free-market.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

Today you take Marxism seriously but then again you all do for a phase or two. This is a dime-a-dozen phenomenon that I’ve observed countless times. I’m calling you an idiot today, and in a few years you’ll agree with me. I don’t know if you’re a gullible uni student or what, but this is typically the kind of garbage profs espouse and prate on about to naive idiot savants who then regurgitate to others.

Your conviction means nothing. I’m mocking your philosofailure by deliberately lumping it in with other non-capitalist idiocy groups. Marxism is and always has been rubbish. It’s an abject failure.

Concession accepted, shitforbrains. And I notice none of the rest of the herd - I'm sorry, our individualistic individuals, who are all special and unique and thoroughly reactionary - have bothered to pipe in since I schooled you on the equality thing. So I'll accept their concessions also.

Also - and this is the funniest part - I've never been to college. (Well, I took a few technical course at a local community college relative to my job, but these were mechanic courses and totally irrelevant to the subject at hand.) But even if I had -- what of it? Is a middle-class apologist for Capital really going to tell me that higher education - which your class has relied on for centuries as a hand-hold to grasp to your position on the back of the capitalist class - somehow wrong or worthless?
    Last edited by The Overman; 10-12-2017 at 11:25 AM.

--------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

@SangreV you've really gotta stop talking.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Concession accepted, shitforbrains. And I notice none of the rest of the herd - I'm sorry, our individualistic individuals, who are all special and unique and thoroughly reactionary - have bothered to pipe in since I schooled you on the equality thing. So I'll accept their concessions also.

Also - and this is the funniest part - I've never been to college. (Well, I took a few technical course at a local community college relative to my job, but these were mechanic courses and totally irrelevant to the subject at hand.) But even if I had -- what of it? Is a middle-class apologist for Capital really going to tell me that higher education - which your class has relied on for centuries as a hand-hold to grasp to your position on the back of the capitalist class - somehow wrong or worthless?
    Do you honestly think I take you seriously? Of course not, and the more serious you take yourself only makes me question your mental health and acuity. On a side note: I've actually always been interested in the psychological reasons why people like you believe in the aforementioned nonsense. You're clearly a Marxist apologist, and for all of the evils of capitalism you speak of, it couldn't be any more ironic for you to espouse such rhetoric when you must be aware of the millions of deaths, catastrophic failures, oppressive regimes and so forth that have associated with communism every single time it's been applied on the big stage. Do you honestly believe that applying the same failed philosophy will eventually yield different results? But perhaps you're willing to eschew the lessons of history in favour of blind faith but that level of myopia won't help you actualize anything. Do you not understand why Marxism never took off like it was supposed to globally; why it has failed so many times; why people in the west reject it? Besides, if you don't like the way of the west you can always move to Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    @SangreV you've really gotta stop talking.
    Under communist rule I would have to. I'm trying to encourage The Overman to talk some more. I once met a (self-proclaimed) young fascist who admirably did his best to defend the likes of Mussolini (and Hitler) and even dressed the part - which was the best part. He did his best to invent excuses and was nearly able to rationalize everything. The only thing I was convinced of was how convinced he was of himself. It was a great source of amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    Under communist rule I would have to. I'm trying to encourage The Overman to talk some more. I once met a (self-proclaimed) young fascist who admirably did his best to defend the likes of Mussolini (and Hitler) and even dressed the part - which was the best part. He did his best to invent excuses and was nearly able to rationalize everything. The only thing I was convinced of was how convinced he was of himself. It was a great source of amusement.
    No; you need to stop talking because you're embarrassing yourself - not the least because you "don't take me seriously", and yet you want me to "keep talking".

I've objectively refuted about three different arguments from you. We'll continue this conversation when you acknowledge having been refuted on these points:

1. That Marxists are mere equalitarians motivated by abstract concepts of justice and moral right (no; Marxists reject 'equality' as an abstract form - it's the bourgeois apologists who invented the doctrine of 'equality' to bring the working-class along with them during their revolutions against the ancien regime; the concept of 'equality' and its antithesis 'inequality' cease to have meaning under Communism).

2. That Marxism is simply a retro fashion (Lenin anticipated this a hundred years ago. If it's fashionable, you might like to ask yourself sometime why there's a market for it.).

3. That Marxism is synonymous with 'antifa' (certainly a few of their number consider themselves 'Marxists', but it's predominantly petit-bourgeois and anarchist in orientation. And it is not a class movement, except a movement of a few middle-class students whose interests are naturally opposed to the anti-intellectualism of the Right but which are in no way in harmony with the interests of the working class.)

At least you haven't broken out the Hillary-us unsourced assertions regarding the Frankfurt School and 'Cultural Marxism' (as if a Marxist, wanting to seize the commanding heights of the economy together with his class, cared about 'culture'!).

And a fourth - that working-class Marxists are simply lazy layabouts afraid of competition (but a worthless middle-class nationalist and unemployed drug addict is surely the Superman!). Somehow a factory worker like myself is 'afraid of competition', but hiding your economy behind protectionist tariffs and restrictive immigration laws is perfectly competitive.

Very shortly I'll have to refute the idea that Marxism is synonymous with State-worship (you might look up Critique of The Gotha Programme and Marx's controversies with Ferdinand Lasalle to begin your homework on this subject), or with welfare redistribution, or gun control, or every other shibboleth of the reactionary mind. Level an accusation: I'll refute it, happily, with an excerpt from Marx. Because I know the material and you don't. Chapter and verse I can recite, to refute any claim you might care to levy.

And at no point have you acknowledged the refutations. You just babble on about 'cucks', using the same language the cattle use when they low in the field. All these altzis are such radical individuals that they've invented a new language, to convey the consensus of the hive mind - a chorus to express the collective sentiments of all these individualists.

You're not worth engaging in dialogue because you don't understand what's being discussed.
    Last edited by The Overman; 10-13-2017 at 08:38 PM.