Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alice Glass Announces Tour With Marilyn Manson

Default Alice Glass Announces Tour With Marilyn Manson

http://pitchfork.com/news/alice-glas...arilyn-manson/

Select dates for which she will be opening for Manson below:

09-27 Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore
    09-29 Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
    09-30 New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
    10-02 Boston, MA - House of Blues
    10-03 Huntington, NY - The Paramount
    10-05 Toronto, Ontario - Rebel
    10-08 Columbus, OH - Express Live
    10-10 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
    10-11 Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
    10-17 Tulsa, OK - Brady Theater
    10-19 Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium
    10-20 Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
    10-23 Oakland, CA - Fox Theater
    10-27 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
    10-28 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
    Last edited by FeedYourHead; 08-10-2017 at 12:23 PM.

2. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Al i ce is fucking
    . . the fear takes hold

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Oh
    This space intentionally left blank.

Best.

I also think it's fair we should post her new single in here.

(PS She's too good for MM.)
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Eh wasn't looking forward to an opening act but it better not interfere with Manson's set or I'll throw hands.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

That track's good but it made me sleepy. I'm not sure that's what you want before a heavy rock show.
    This space intentionally left blank.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Never liked her stuff. Crystal Castles had like two good songs. Granted, before even trying them out, my thoughts on them were pre-tainted by the fact that every person I ever met who was super-into them was insufferable to me. The wannabe gutter-punks who think living in dumpsters is chic and can't wait to get a junk habit so they can Instagram it yet still have their parents' credit cards on hand. You know the type.

I don't care for this tune either. The 'daddy's little girl gone bad' look and vibe is a horse that's been beaten to death now, as is that 'bored and overdosing on valium' vocal style. I'm sure it's currently popular with the kind of 16 year olds running ddlg Tumblr blogs.

Maybe it's just not my shit, but I won't rag on anyone who enjoys it. It's better than what's usually on the radio at least. Nevertheless, if we're to go based on this tune, yeah, it's not a good fit for a Manson tour.

PS: I'd still absolutely split her in half any time anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    Never liked her stuff. Crystal Castles had like two good songs. Granted, before even trying them out, my thoughts on them were pre-tainted by the fact that every person I ever met who was super-into them was insufferable to me. The wannabe gutter-punks who think living in dumpsters is chic and can't wait to get a junk habit so they can Instagram it yet still have their parents' credit cards on hand. You know the type.

I don't care for this tune either. The 'daddy's little girl gone bad' look and vibe is a horse that's been beaten to death now, as is that 'bored and overdosing on valium' vocal style. I'm sure it's currently popular with the kind of 16 year olds running ddlg Tumblr blogs.

Maybe it's just not my shit, but I won't rag on anyone who enjoys it. It's better than what's usually on the radio at least. Nevertheless, if we're to go based on this tune, yeah, it's not a good fit for a Manson tour.

PS: I'd still absolutely split her in half any time anywhere.
    *spends two paragraphs shitting on some make-believe fans you invented based on you listening to two songs*

"I won't rag on anyone who enjoys it."

You're an idiot.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

This is just another reason to be irritated by the fact that Manson's date in Houston is a festival appearance.
    Last edited by Aint; 08-10-2017 at 09:51 PM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

@Golden Eel, Is there any reason for personal attacks and assumptions my brother?

Indeed I'm not ragging on people who listen to them. I believe I was quite clear in what I said. To expand, I lived in Toronto at the time, where Crystal Castles hail from and when they were just starting to be known, I noticed that a particular culture of people who often got on my nerves were almost uniformly obsessed with them and seemed to be 'their crowd' at the time, so I gave their entire discography up to that point a listen. It wasn't my thing, that's just my own story, and neither is Alice Glass as a solo artist. I'm not suggesting everyone who listens to either acts is, or generalizing them as, a particular kind of dipshit (that'd be moronic objectively), nor do I care what anyone listens to. To each is own.

Tsk tsk with the conflict mate, slow your roll. As you were.

Back on topic. I agree it'll be a tad bit of a weird contrast when it comes to the show as a whole. Although from what I've heard, Alice Glass does have a very chaotic and 'dirty' kind of stage presence not unlike Manson's early years, so that could be entertaining. Definitely a slight better than a lot of the more comically bad opening acts I've seen. Also, I understand she's got a pretty decent-sized fan base of her own compared to some nobody opener. For anyone going to the shows in smaller cities or less Manson-friendly areas or wherever the venue isn't as likely to be 'packed to the brim,' she should get it there, so that's a plus.
    Last edited by Justsomeguy; 08-10-2017 at 10:38 PM.