Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Cameron's 'Terminator 6'

LOLWUT.

Your whole point was that Cameron's been wasting too much time fucking around with Titanic and Titanic-related projects to get his ass moving with the sequels to Avatar. I mentioned the 3D release of Titanic because it was one of the first examples of that phenomenon. I saw it on its theatrical run, I'm well aware of it.

But I'd been waiting for Avatar since I was in high school and I was over 30 by the time it finally came out, so I don't really think he's far enough behind schedule to bother complaining about the sequels yet. He's making FOUR OF THEM all at once, after all. That's no mean feat, to say the least.

He's been juggling lots of projects but mostly moving straight ahead with the sequels all the while, it just takes time to do them right. And even his submarine excursions to the Marianas Trench were technically also working towards the sequels so NO. I do not think he needs to "knock it off, already."

It hasn't even been a decade yet and soon enough we'll have FIVE Avatar masterpieces.

Sounds good to me!

Only slightly off-topic but speaking of James Cameron's "distractions" which all have me CRAZY excited...

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

TRIPLE-POST
    BANDAI :P

So I went to see T2: Judgement Day 3D last night!

OMG, I still can't get over the fact that I can actually say that sentence over two decades after it first came out, lol.

If you're a fan of this movie I would HIGHLY recommend checking it out again in theaters. The 4K restoration is GORGEOUS and the 3D is IMPECCABLE. It looks like it'll be in theaters for maybe another week or so and I really hope it does well because I am DYING to see Aliens given the same treatment. Jeezus, what a treat this was!

Anyone else?

Oh, and I noticed a few other, slight "fixes" James Cameron applied during the process. As we know, he digitally altered the shot where the truck windows pop out as it hits the ground. However, was still able to restrain himself to leave in a few split-second continuity errors with respect to the damage sustained afterward, lol. Shortly thereafter, he also had Schwarzenegger's face digitally grafted onto the stuntman's during the motorcycle-jump and later on he digitally erased Arnold's arm after it gets crushed and ripped-off, which was always somewhat obviously hidden under his leather jacket in earlier versions.

If I had to complain about ONE thing though all that leaps to mind is the fact that they didn't include ANY of the deleted scenes for an added bonus treat, which would have been a killer touch. The CPU processor scene or any of the little T-1000 glitches would have been a real treat. We didn't even get the split-second shot of the T-1000 using his third arm!

Not that any of that counts as me ACTUALLY complaining, mind you. The original theatrical cut is PLENTY badass so no worries there!

Also, I got a brief chuckle at the opening credit denoting that the restoration/3D work was done by StudioCanal because of the aforementioned and LEGENDARY canal chase scene.

Anyway, w/e...GO SEE THIS FUCKING MOVIE.

JMFC IT HOLDS UP SO GODDAMNED WELL.

\m/

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Ack, I don't fucking know, like everything now else it's probably going to be awful: Hamilton & Schwarzenegger Return
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Ack, I don't fucking know, like everything now else it's probably going to be awful: Hamilton & Schwarzenegger Return
    Hamilton, who was briefly married to Cameron in the late 1990s, has not appeared in the franchise since T2, although she did provide a voiceover for the fourth film in the series, Terminator: Salvation. Speaking at the time of that film’s release, she said that the franchise should have ended after Judgment Day. “I thought it was perfect with two films. It was a complete circle, and it was enough in itself. But there will always be those who will try and milk the cow.”
    You don't say!

I'd be alright with the milking if it came without Hamilton. And without Schwarzenegger. And, for that matter, without Cameron. If in other words it told an actual story, instead of being another rehash for nostalgitards.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Color me ever so slightly intrigued but I still am not jumping at the moon for a new Terminator. If they can find a way to do a proper sequel to T2 then great. If not, it'll be another waste of fucking money. Do it god damn right.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

O ye, of little faith...

It's James fucking Cameron with Arnold fucking Schwarzenegger, Linda fucking Hamilton, and the director of motherfucking Deadpool.

This can ONLY be awesome af.

\m/

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm sorry my dude it's nothing against the people involved it's just I've been burned for so long. like I said in Page 1 I will give it a chance when they release the trailer. If this film keeps the same tired plot thread gimmick I'm not gonna be into it no matter who is involved. I want them to explore new plot points. I do trust Cameron but I just don't think this franchise needed to be a "Franchise" T2 was a perfect fucking ending.

"There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.