Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mainstream pop/rock guilty pleasures.

Visit Celluloidholes's Instagram Channel

Since I'm a young and (not so) hip millennial, I've got some from the millennial perspective.

Yeah, yeah, they might not be huge pop icons but if I walk into a room of teenagers and mention twenty one pilots, most of them will know who I'm talking about.

Why do I like these songs? Well, I'm just a young and (not so) hip millennial.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I listened to this song a lot in 2009/2010 when I was living in a strange place surrounded by strange people and in the depths of a years long mental breakdown. Fitting lyrics. Good shit.

I'm not sure if this one reeeeally counts as mainstream or pop, but it was popularized in a hugely popular Eminem song with Rihanna singing the chorus which was written by Skylar Grey, so... I just remembered it and I'm going to post it here.

This chick's voice is fucking amazing and crazy attractive to me, especially in this video. I wish she was still in every song on the radio. Fuck Rihanna tbh.

(Video includes a special appearance by Marilyn Manson's hands.)

Here's some more good shit though, mostly newer stuff, all of which is all undeniably mainstream pop.

(that shit cray.)

For those who enjoy general mainstream pop, check out Isosine. He does mashups and compilations. A few of his maships have gotten pretty big around the internet at times. And he also does 'Nonstop Pop' mashups at the end of every year. It's awesome. I discovered him in 2013 and that's also the year I lived with friends and we drank and partied a lot listening to pop music, so I was more in tune with pop back then. So that's the one I'll link. Good shit.

(Bonus shout-out to the mashup EP he did between "Year Zero" and some band called Trifonic.)

     

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Here's another good theme. This thread is really something. It might seem like I've been spamming a lot of garbage in here but honestly almost every last one of these songs I truly adore. A lot of it has stupidly deep meaning for me lol.

Last edited by Golden Eel; 09-05-2017 at 11:35 AM.
         

  
      

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Stand aside, newbz, and behold the most irredeemable slice of pop cheese you ever did witness:

I know it's the musical equivalent of a McDonald's hamburger, but I replayed the shit out of this when I was 8 and I still love the fuck out of it.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Some of these I wouldn't consider a that Mainstream, but they're popular. Starset is just now getting recognition.

Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

IDK how mainstream Eurovision is but I love so many songs from it, from the classics like ABBA, Lordi, this lesbian vampire

To the acts from this year like:

This year was stellar, even the interval acts were amazing

To even random songs from random years

We all need more Eurovision in our lives

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

^ "Old" but yes, I still listen to James Blunt
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-24-2017 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Since music can sometimes/obviously be serious business: Yeah, I'm just playing & well, this is Provider Module after all. =P

I've been listening to a lot of Scissor Sisters lately on Google Play, so Google probably has some conflicting ideas about me now.

Also, here are some other things. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd be blowing loads of content all over this fucking thread.