Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy Born Villain more than The Pale Emperor?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Do you enjoy Born Villain more than The Pale Emperor?

I do.

Discuss.

I'm not saying I don't like the latter album, before someone jumps on my dick. I just enjoy Born Villain more.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

My opinion is TPE blows BV out of the water, with it's higher (At least some) production, Live drums, and it's a more cinematic album. BV is a good album, but it lacked what TPE excelled at.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

4. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I do.

Discuss.

I'm not saying I don't like the latter album, before someone jumps on my dick. I just enjoy Born Villain more.

Shhh, shhhhhhh. It's ok man, it's gonna be alright. We're gonna get you the help you need, alright? You'll be just fine. Everything will be ok.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I think I do. They're both highly flawed, and I'm sure TPE has some advantages over BV, but I still enjoy the songs of BV more. I have some hope that the new album can have the best of both.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I will respond with a quality, and equally controversial (?), non-answer and say that I return to The High End of Low far more often than either Born Villain, or The Pale Emperor.

I've said this more than once on here, but I can get lost in THEOL in a way I simply cannot with those other two records.

Truthfully, while I appreciate both BV and TPE, I don't listen to either that often, anymore. That could certainly change, at some point in the future, but that has been the case for a while now.

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

I like the more bluesy sound of the TPE alot more than the dark tone of BV. The Gardener however is groovy as fuck, reminds me of a The Doors song.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Nope.

I think that BV is by far the worse MM album so far. While I enjoyed it when it was released, my enjoyment lasted about 6 months. I do not remember listening to it once since then.

The Pale Emperor is in my top 3.
    "Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chants out between two worlds, fire walk with me"

No, not at all. Every other MM album is better than Born Villian. He almost lost me as a fan during that era.

The Pale Emperor, in the other hand, is his best work since Holy Wood. Can't even compare both.

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

It sounds fucking terrible. There's some strong songs on it, though; No Reflection and Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms are wonderful (the former is probably the best MM single next to The Beautiful People, in my opinion), but the technical aspects of the production are just total shit. Fetid. Aggravated ear rape.

The Pale Emperor is fuckin' Top 3 though.
    Last edited by A Gruesome Discovery; 08-24-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    This space intentionally left blank.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Aint View Post
    I will respond with a quality, and equally controversial (?), non-answer and say that I return to The High End of Low far more often than either Born Villain, or The Pale Emperor.

I've said this more than once on here, but I can get lost in THEOL in a way I simply cannot with those other two records.

Truthfully, while I appreciate both BV and TPE, I don't listen to either that often, anymore. That could certainly change, at some point in the future, but that has been the case for a while now.
    Same here.There's a good songs on both of them ,but that's it.THEOL is the last good album .Just my opinion.I have high hopes for HUD.
    Chillin' Killin'