Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy Born Villain more than The Pale Emperor?

No, on account of I'm not retarded.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    It sounds fucking terrible. There's some strong songs on it, though; No Reflection and Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms are wonderful (the former is probably the best MM single next to The Beautiful People, in my opinion), but the technical aspects of the production are just total shit. Fetid. Aggravated ear rape.

The Pale Emperor is fuckin' Top 3 though.
    In terms of Ear Rape, there were in fact Brown Notes included in some tracks that would make one feel sick. So, yeah.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Same here.There's a good songs on both of them ,but that's it.THEOL is the last good album .Just my opinion.I have high hopes for HUD.
    When you've gotten to the point that you can't even allow yourself to admit that Born Villain and The Pale Emperor are at the very least just "good" albums -- going beyond "not great" or "not the best" and straight to flat out and fundamentally not even good -- it might also be time to admit that you've become such a snob stuck so far up your own ass as to render your own opinions meaningless.

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

It wasnt bad when i first listened to it ,but i got bored with it pretty fast ,unlike TPE which still sound fresh to me almost 3 years after its release
    I also think that the expectation for BV where really high ,so it was bound to disapoint some of the fan .The really bad promotion that preceded its release (like the one we are curently enduring) didnt help either

But still ,they are some pretty good songs on it (Lay down ,BV,children of cain ,slomotion)
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

Jesus Christ, no. BV is the worst material they've ever put out. I'm not surprised Manson wanted a whole new team on his next album, cause I'd be embarrassed if I released that. On top of bad song writing, mostly bad lyrics, the production sounds terrible. I remember initially liking it cause I had just gotten into the band around the time of its release, but it didn't take long for me to see how bad it really was once the new album shine wore off.

TPE, however, is great. Better vocals, better song writing, better production, better lyrics etc
    Last edited by Mok; 08-24-2017 at 11:51 PM.

I think The Pale Emperor is a better album overall, but Born Villain has better best songs than TPE (I love Slo-Mo-Tion and The Gardener).

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    When you've gotten to the point that you can't even allow yourself to admit that Born Villain and The Pale Emperor are at the very least just "good" albums -- going beyond "not great" or "not the best" and straight to flat out and fundamentally not even good -- it might also be time to admit that you've become such a snob stuck so far up your own ass as to render your own opinions meaningless.
    You again ugh -_- you don't have to reply to my every post it's really annoying and I don't care about your insults at all
    Chillin' Killin'

Just my opinion, man.

And I couldn't tell you another post of yours I've responded to if you asked, let alone believe for a moment that I "reply to your every post." Although, I do recall LIKE-ing quite a few you've made. None of the constantly insulting and dismissive ones you've made quite frequently about Manson, mind you...but still.

You occasionally seem to actually let yourself enjoy things and I support that.

Just my opinion.

:)

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Just my opinion, man.

And I couldn't tell you another post of yours I've responded to if you asked, let alone believe for a moment that I "reply to your every post." Although, I do recall LIKE-ing quite a few you've made. None of the constantly insulting and dismissive ones you've made quite frequently about Manson, mind you...but still.

You occasionally seem to actually let yourself enjoy things and I support that.

Just my opinion.

:)
    If you're fan of the man you don't have too like everything about him.It's shocking i know .And that is NOT insult.As i said i like some songs on both bv and tpe but not as a whole product.
    Chillin' Killin'

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I prefer The Pale Emperor over Born Villain, however the latter grew on me lately.
    For me the biggest weakness of The Pale Emperor is in it's second half, namely Slave Only Dreams to Be King, The Devil Beneath My Feet and Birds of Hell Awaiting which destroy the otherwise very good dynamics of the whole album. If those three were removed, I would consider TPE a perfect record.
    When it comes to Born Villain, just like on THEOL, I like many songs on it separately, however it doesn't work as an album. Then there are several songs that are partially good, but are either too long and monotonous or too simple.