Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Do you enjoy Born Villain more than The Pale Emperor?

Visit Celluloidholes's Instagram Channel

TPE shines over BV. I hear TPE mentioned so often, everybody bows to TPE when it's mentioned. TPE is a bright light with no heat. I enjoy TPE but I never think about TPE.
    However, BV is a little campfire and I'm more than willing to stick my hands in the flames. There's a lot going on in the lyrics. After each listen through I catch onto something else to think about. I'm still thinking about your little black book. The album tries to play with you, the sirens from Murderers Are Getting Prettier Everyday might make you panic if you listen to the album whilst high. To me, BV has a bit more character, is a bit more confusing, and certainly has a hidden charm. Cover is still shit though.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I'll be honest Hazekiah, whilst we are both most certainly akin in shredding the often facile arguments of naysayers, you are essentially saying that no art associated with Marilyn Manson can be taken at face value, because doing so is a veil of misunderstanding that means the listener is at fault, and never the work itself. You know that's whack right?
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

To be honest I'm kinda perplexed as to how this is a conversation.

Compared to The Pale Emperor, Born Villain is crap.

TPE is focused, concise and well produced. It's also a welcome departure, lyrically and instrumentally, from the previous 3 albums of self-indulgence and frankly shitty vocal work.

I'm not saying there aren't bits of BV I enjoy (songs like The Gardener and Flowers of Evil are great in how atypical they are of Manson's work), but it's such a meandering load of nonsense to me. Pistol Whipped is the height his feigned tough-guy misogyny, and No Reflection is his weakest single. Period.

(MY OPINION)

What is this edition "Special Packaging"? Does anyone have this CD version? Please take a picture:

Pale Emperor: Special Packaging
    https://www.amazon.it/Pale-Emperor-S.../dp/B019GM6XNK

122 Euro

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

I do. I listen to it far more often than Pale Emperor. The lyrics are just better, imo. Not much more to say about it
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I consider The Pale Emperor to be the worst Marilyn Manson album (from a musical perspective - the album art is outstanding!), so I enjoy ANY Manson album more. That includes Born Villain by default, but there are a couple of others I like less than it too.