Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Physical Prowess (Adaptive Acrobatics)

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Default Physical Prowess (Adaptive Acrobatics)

Cultivated disinterest in sports is concerning to me. Exercise and pumping up individual staying powers in general have been abandoned for the most part. Enhancing sexual durability, (ultra-fuck-stamina), I'd also like to add is probably of the uppermost importance. Daily exercise and sex are necessary, yet those activities are often grossly neglected. Everything is a competition. Everything is a struggle. Even and especially sex as everything is "sex". Anyway, there will come a time where we need to become less cerebral. Without a rigorous exercise routine, with an extinction level event inevitable at some point (that will be a gradual process and not us as a species all dying off at once), it is absolutely imperative that we start retraining ourselves as a collective as well as preparing our offspring to begin swinging from "the branches" of our common ancestors once more.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4628914/
    How Byronic

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Shangri-LIE Suedehead's Avatar

The swing towards a more sedentary human condition, coupled with sex more often than not now being reduced to a two dimensional, one person non participant observation does have certain implications on the evolutionary timeline, without a doubt. And although lavish grandstanding, peacocking displays of masculinity and virility still exist I do feel like we're losing touch with our inner Rambo.

I mentioned this to you briefly last night, but as prescient and perspicacious as your postulating is, I do find the article too patriarchal a colloquy. It fixates on male physical prowess and modification of anatomical and physiological systems pertinent to masculinity to procure a passive objective female mate.

I don't think the problem is an abandonment of 'sports', or movement towards cerebral espouse, what I have observed is a feminization of the young men I come into contact with. And it's heterogeneous in nature to the androgynous boys I spent my teenage years swooning over...at least they were a projection of a subversion (and version) of masculinity and it was actually sexually empowering. Now we have whitewashed dark circles, orange tie dyed skin and plastic carved lumps of what used to be called muscles. It's just gross...and we're going to regress...it's inevitable. It does feel like the 2017 man's pre coitus routine is applying hair gel to individual strands and pouting like a fucking idiot into a smartphone.

Teenage boys AND girls should be rounded up and forced to do 1000 stomach crunches a day, along with an intense and thorough workout program, eventually competing in delayed orgasm suspension competitions. We can not allow retrograde revol evolution. And we cannot allow the average copulation duration to be any less than half an hour. RevoLover

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    The swing towards a more sedentary human condition, coupled with sex more often than not now being reduced to a two dimensional, one person non participant observation does have certain implications on the evolutionary timeline, without a doubt. And although lavish grandstanding, peacocking displays of masculinity and virility still exist I do feel like we're losing touch with our inner Rambo.

I mentioned this to you briefly last night, but as prescient and perspicacious as your postulating is, I do find the article too patriarchal a colloquy. It fixates on male physical prowess and modification of anatomical and physiological systems pertinent to masculinity to procure a passive objective female mate.

I don't think the problem is an abandonment of 'sports', or movement towards cerebral espouse, what I have observed is a feminization of the young men I come into contact with. And it's heterogeneous in nature to the androgynous boys I spent my teenage years swooning over...at least they were a projection of a subversion (and version) of masculinity and it was actually sexually empowering. Now we have whitewashed dark circles, orange tie dyed skin and plastic carved lumps of what used to be called muscles. It's just gross...and we're going to regress...it's inevitable. It does feel like the 2017 man's pre coitus routine is applying hair gel to individual strands and pouting like a fucking idiot into a smartphone.

Teenage boys AND girls should be rounded up and forced to do 1000 stomach crunches a day, along with an intense and thorough workout program, eventually competing in delayed orgasm suspension competitions. We can not allow retrograde revol evolution. And we cannot allow the average copulation duration to be any less than half an hour. RevoLover
    You are about %98.35 correct. Only the elites will see this as trolling or being twitterpated with cathartic delusions to escape disharmonyville. No, it actually DOES MEAN SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE UNDERSTOOD. You corrected my bullshit politely while at the same time giving it your full humorous endorsement. "So, what's a nice place like this. Doing 'round people like us.", eh? People want to be correct all of the time, prove something all of the time, look for logic in places dedicated to conspiracy theories considered analyses about an artist and discuss their oh so common interests that are just that...common. Sequestered to their own juror chambers. "I love you're friends, the're all so arty, oh yeah.". lol :P

Anyway. No, we cannot allow retrograde revolevolution. We should encourage each other to get back in touch with our inner Rambo's as well as blood bathing Goddesses. Pre-Coitus sex routines as you've described are quite annoying, I agree. Whatever happened to pure lust and intertwining without hesitation, without having to have a certain mood or time set? The more lecherous approach to courting has been replaced with awkward and even more creepy rules of engagement.

Spot on about the article. As I've mentioned, this was partially inspired by a comment about people who identify as "Gender Neutral" yet they all seem to have feminine appearances and mannerisms. There's nothing neutral about that, now is there? So, perhaps we can achieve that somehow by taking them to a jungle gym or into the woods to have them swing on vines and have to learn about extreme survivalism. No webcams, no blogs, no makeup or accessories. We also need to be preparing our boys for war. The more tolerant our military's become of the insecurities as well as fears of those about to be deployed, the more problems it causes on the battlefields as well as once and if they return back home.

An half an hour? That's all now? I do believe work shifts are anywhere between 6 - 8 hours, that's not to say that there is only one task. Also, people are in need of overtime. It pays a lot of things off if not just pays off in general. Slackers
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-01-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    How Byronic

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

There's always a 1.65% contingent in any absolute truth so I'm going to infer that I got it spot on :). Yes indeed, "whatever happened to pure lust and intertwining without hesitation", well, they have been usurped by navel gazing preenification. People don't want to fuck each other anymore, they want people to want to fuck them. Slatternly, filthy, knicker ripping, hair pulling bonkfests are recherché these days, we just can't seem to abandon our own bodies for long enough to enjoy someone else's.

I understand your anathematizing of "gender neutrality", it's a symptom of a non binary culture, obsessed with side stepping pedestrian classifications. And you're right, the people I have come across who are of this ilk always adorn themselves with feminine ideograms. I guess to indulge a latent desire to berate non supergender heroes when we dare to use an erroneous pronoun. So yeah, let's take em vine swinging and deep swamp submerging, can't touch up your mascara or paint a painfully politically correct slogan on your vegan pansexual rucksack when your knuckles are dragging on the floor caked in swamp gloop.

I knew you'd be underwhelmed by half an hour, I have a good memory for certain things. To be clear I was referring to the savage frenzied battery powered in, out shake it all about portion of the sexual Olympics...all inclusive, and with overtime, 10 hour shifts should be made a prerequisite for graduation into future successful monogamous relationships. But then again, I've never had one of those so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

So I read something a while back, it may have been from Chris Ryan but I'm unsure. The piece posited that a large part of human life is about hunting, and the difference between the pre-historic age when we hunted literal prey is that we now we hunt abstract prey like partners, skills, careers, social statuses, etc. While the literal and abstract hunt is very different, they run largely on the same circuitry in the brain which is often wrapped up in the term "goal fulfilment". Thanks to the physical exercise component in the hunts of pre-history, physical exercise is a major player in fueling the goal fulfilment circuitry.

A detour here worth mentioning is that most people who are depressed aren't depressed because of a random chemical imbalance in the brain, they're depressed because they live unfulfilling lives. One of the most common non pharmacological interventions for depression is.... exercise.

I started exercising seriously this year for the first time ever, and I feel better than ever. It might be placebo because I read the aformentioned poorly paraphrased piece but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Absolution; 09-02-2017 at 08:34 PM.

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
    So I read something a while back, it may have been from Chris Ryan but I'm unsure. The piece posited that a large part of human life is about hunting, and the difference between the pre-historic age when we hunted literal prey is that we now we hunt abstract prey like partners, skills, careers, social statuses, etc. While the literal and abstract hunt is very different, they run largely on the same circuitry in the brain which is often wrapped up in the term "goal fulfilment". Thanks to the physical exercise component in the hunts of pre-history, physical exercise is a major player in fueling the goal fulfilment circuitry.

A detour here worth mentioning is that most people who are depressed aren't depressed because of a random chemical imbalance in the brain, they're depressed because they live unfulfilling lives. One of the most common non pharmacological interventions for depression is.... exercise.

I started exercising seriously this year for the first time ever, and I feel better than ever. It might be placebo because I read the aformentioned poorly paraphrased piece but I doubt it.
    Circumstances reorient and transmute but the human condition remains the same, we think we have transcended the biology of our ancient ancestors but we're really on the same treadmill...although we have wheels now. You're right, we're still in the undergrowth stalking our prey...although it has become pecuniary and bloodless. But it's all to the same end...status and prowess (physical or otherwise) to bolster the likelihood of successful rumpy pumpy to ultimately ensure survival.

In terms of depression, have you ever read any postulations of its evolutionary purpose? Pulling us away from usual pursuits and goals to focus on understanding and solving the underlying problem that triggered the depressive episode. Shutting down normal physical activities and altering goals and expectations with a focus on cerebral rumination. It, therefore, makes perfect sense that physical exercise is its ultimate antidote. Keep up the stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

That seems very new agey lmao, I can see that working in humans with our cognitive power but depression has been observed waaaaay back in the evolutionary timeline in species with very little brain power. Or maybe it's the opposite and that depression works better for less evolved species when it comes to correcting behaviour since we humans drown out our instincts with thinking? Who knows my dude.

16. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

<3 I'm loving this thread

as far as exercise and mental well being, it goes hand in hand, like you guys mentioned above - beyond that, Food- what the fuck are we all (the current human species predominantly living on processed foods) eating?

As far as original topic, I see Sex in the opposite view- it powers this society of attention whores. All they want is sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, now, sex., approval, I'd Fuck Me... With sex comes babies, no brainer, so I don't think Lack of Sexual Prowess will add to our decline, rather the disillusion that you can Eat Whatever and Do Whatever without any health ramifications. But this society requires pastures of sheep or else there would be no consumption of those fast foods, boxed meals, processed garbage; no consumption of those garbs of clothing; no consumption of those pharmaceuticals. . . I digress.

funsies:
    on the neurological mechanisms of depression, for those interested(glial cells in explication of major depression): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4722129/
    and hypotheses of links between anti-depression & exercise https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC474733/
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

18. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post