Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is Trent Reznor working with Manson on HUD?

I mean, if I had a chance to make peace with the guy who either drunkenly destroyed the masters to Portrait of an American Family, Antichrist Superstar, and Smells Like Children or else AT BEST negligently allowed them to NOT be backed up anywhere else and JOKED ABOUT them "floating down Magazine St." in New Orleans in the literal wake of Hurricane Katrina YET WHO MIGHT STILL FUCKING "FIND THEM" IF I PLAY NICE then, frankly, I'D give it a shot, too.

And, hell...the anniversary would've been the time for them to suddenly turn up but, nonetheless, if Reznor wanted to help boost sales, even if only for his own profit, then more power to him. I'd LIKE his posts about it, too.

On the flipside, if we BOTH had to promote our former label's HBO doc and I got a chance to use that opportunity to MERCILESSLY fuck with that guy plus promote my own stuff AGAIN then I'd do so in THAT case as well, lol.

So, again, it could really go either way and who knows till either of them issues a statement on the matter.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

It's amazing what one could interpret from something so simple.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I hope Manson fucking never works with Reznor again. Took long enough the first time around for the band to get away from being unofficially considered 'Trent Reznor Presents: Marilyn Manson', in particular by Trent Reznor. I love NIN and all of Reznor's work, I'm not enough of a doofus to boycott good music because of the people behind it. But talk to literally anyone who was around during those years, Reznor was without a shred of doubt the much bigger dickhead, not to even mention the super-convenient 'oh whoopsie' destruction of the masters.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

A lot of people seem to talk about Manson and Trent as if they were really really good friends. Do we know if they were really good friends? Or were they mostly "business partner" friends? If they were the latter, I highly doubt Trent gives a shit. I sure wouldn't. I'd think back at the great album we made together and that's about it. I wouldn't feel any particular sadness. But maybe that's just me. I need to be real close to you to feel any kind of way when we part ways. And throw in that its been about 16 years since they've last seen each other.

Trent's busy. He's got a wife and kids, and plus he's always making music. I'm sure he's moved on and this isn't something he thinks about every night before he goes to sleep.

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    A lot of people seem to talk about Manson and Trent as if they were really really good friends. Do we know if they were really good friends? Or were they mostly "business partner" friends? If they were the latter, I highly doubt Trent gives a shit. I sure wouldn't. I'd think back at the great album we made together and that's about it. I wouldn't feel any particular sadness. But maybe that's just me. I need to be real close to you to feel any kind of way when we part ways. And throw in that its been about 16 years since they've last seen each other.
    My guess was/is because Nine Inch Nails was around Marilyn Manson since the beginning. (At least as far as Portrait of an American Family.) I also sometimes forget that they both met in 1991 on an interview if I remember correctly, and still get surprised seeing Marilyn Manson in the Gave Up video. Marilyn Manson was even mentioned in The Downward Spiral booklet among the thank you lists. (Although by then, they were already working together on the same record label.)

It was also cool to see that they still got along somewhere in between the Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood era. (Perhaps even a little later than that, before The Golden Age of Grotesque came out.)

A lot of it I'm sure is also due to nostalgic and sentimental reasons, as well as Trent helping him break in big time, while defending and promoting his artistic freedom while fully agreeing with it and understanding his visions and goals, which I'm sure was an enormous breath of fresh air at the time after being rejected from so many record labels. (And the rest being history ever since.)

Trent's busy. He's got a wife and kids, and plus he's always making music. I'm sure he's moved on and this isn't something he thinks about every night before he goes to sleep.
    I also guess they grew apart from having different interests, standards and values as they progressed over the years. (All of the more serious beefs/implications aside.)

It's also just one of those associations that'll never go away no matter what. Certain works of the past just hold up that much, not just in terms of quality, but being just that memorable/legendary.

If you will, it's probably kind of like how there's no way most people can think/talk about Korn without thinking/talking about/being reminded of Limp Bizkit.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-08-2017 at 06:58 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

^ OMG. I'll be goddamned if your closer there wasn't one of the toughest sentences I'VE ever had to read, lol.

Can we just not?

:-\

Backbiting and infighting aside, they definitely hung out A LOT for the better part of three straight years from the recording of Portrait of an American Family to touring together and finally finishing Antichrist Superstar. And not just in a "Well, I guess I have to deal with this guy for now" kinda way but as truly fun-loving comrades-in-arms with TONS of once-in-a-lifetime, EPIC good times shared between them, not to mention literally moving to live in the same city for over a year. That kinda goes beyond the parameters of a reluctant business partnership and hews closer to WOW THEY WERE FUCKING BFFS FOR A HOT MINUTE THERE.

So I don't think the association or even presumed friendship is unwarranted or out-of-place in this case.

I mean, just read The Long Hard Road Out of Hell again. If even HALF of what it says about their relationship is true then despite whatever friction there was there they were all clearly close pals at the very least.

Furthermore, they're both on the record as explicitly describing each other as having been close friends at one time so it's not even a question of ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    I hope Manson fucking never works with Reznor again. Took long enough the first time around for the band to get away from being unofficially considered 'Trent Reznor Presents: Marilyn Manson', in particular by Trent Reznor. I love NIN and all of Reznor's work, I'm not enough of a doofus to boycott good music because of the people behind it. But talk to literally anyone who was around during those years, Reznor was without a shred of doubt the much bigger dickhead, not to even mention the super-convenient 'oh whoopsie' destruction of the masters.
    Any collaboration between the two is pure gold in my book.

If they find a way to work together again then I'm ALL for it...but I DO hope it's on the condition that those fucking masters finally turn up.

A written apology would be nice, too.

-____-

11. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

People just can't let this friendship die. At best Trent and Manson could hang out and be cordial with each other and reminisce about the 90s.

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    ^ OMG. I'll be goddamned if your closer there wasn't one of the toughest sentences I'VE ever had to read, lol.

Can we just not?

:-\
    I definitely understand where you're coming from. I only made that example as somebody that was a huge fan of Korn and Limp Bizkit, while using an example of them being two bands that were also huge in the 1990s, with the older band helping the newer band get their big break. Both bands have also been impossible to stop being associated with each other to the point where they're often mentioned in the same conversation, let alone sentence. It's a guarantee that Limp Bizkit threads are inevitable and very active and popular on Korn forums and vice-versa.

Perhaps it wouldn't have been as bad, or even bad at all if I mentioned the Deftones instead of Limp Bizkit. (Just for the fact that they're often grouped together in music discussions too, considering the fact that the Deftones found their own way around in spite of being friends with Korn much longer than Limp Bizkit. They were also around much longer anyway.)

As for everything else you said regarding the friendship that was had between Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson, it's pretty much spot-on, as I expected it to be. It also puts me in the mood to watch Closure.

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    MM & NIN ACSS 22th anniversary special tour
    Downwardchrist Superspiral

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    <HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWNWARD SPIRAL > tour
    Not The Actual Heaven

Add Hell

< Say10

@ Halo Infinity The only problem is not so much about Limp Bizkit's music but more about Fred Durst. The guy is just a douche, in every sense imaginable.
    Of all the bands you mentioned, no one gives a damn about him or his band anymore. And the guys he signed to his record label (Flip Records) STAIND and COLD simply DON'T WANT to be associated with him in anyway.
    I once talked to Scooter Ward (the frontman of COLD) on Facebook about his relationship with Durst and he simply said to me in a private message that their relationship ended and that they both parted ways in late 2003, as Durst was becoming more interested in making moneys off their albums and turn his band into a much more big mainstream radio-friendly sounding band, whether him wanted to continue keeping a low profile, express his deep feelings and write good lyrics about life and songs where people could ACTUALLY relate to, even if that meant having a very little fanbase.
    Now I don't know if that has changed throughout these years or not. But that response made me reconsider Limp Bizkit's music and made me realize that Durst was ALWAYS in for easy-fame and easy-moneys from the very beginning, instead of making good music.
    Seriously, who the hell write about wanting a Pepsi or about his moma not wanting to give him any money? And who the hell listen to those lyrics nowadays? Probably full grown-ups who still live in the basement of their mom and dad.....LOL
    And look where he and his band are at......in the middle of nowhere, lost somewhere in Jacksonville playing video games and enjoying the little fame that they still have. And with an album that still has no confirmed release date, despite being announced in late 2011!!
    Please don't put any more biscuits in my tasty Korn, or in my headphones while i'm listening to the Deftones, k?
    It's just an insult to good music.
    Thx,
    Bye,
    jk
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks