Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Sandy Hook: Case against Newtown

Default Sandy Hook: Case against Newtown

http://www.newstimes.com/local/artic...k-12174891.php

a classroom's key missing from "safety folder", prime aspect of case against Newtown school system

"Parents Neil Heslin, Scarlett Lewis and Leonard Pozner offered to settle their lawsuit against Newtown for $5.5 million each in 2016."

Article also notes case against Remington, the rifle manufacturer.

I just don't even know how to feel about all of this. Is the school responsible more than the parents of the shooter? more than the gun manufacturer? more than the shooter? 5.5million to live the rest of their lives out without grief? is that how that would work? Or to donate to the school to secure against future threats? There is no amount of money in the world to reconcile the loss. Zilch. I do hope this serves as betterment for the safety of children, both against bullying within schools and against potential infiltration threats.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    http://www.newstimes.com/local/artic...k-12174891.php

a classroom's key missing from "safety folder", prime aspect of case against Newtown school system

"Parents Neil Heslin, Scarlett Lewis and Leonard Pozner offered to settle their lawsuit against Newtown for $5.5 million each in 2016."

Article also notes case against Remington, the rifle manufacturer.

I just don't even know how to feel about all of this. Is the school responsible more than the parents of the shooter? more than the gun manufacturer? more than the shooter? 5.5million to live the rest of their lives out without grief? is that how that would work? Or to donate to the school to secure against future threats? There is no amount of money in the world to reconcile the loss. Zilch. I do hope this serves as betterment for the safety of children, both against bullying within schools and against potential infiltration threats.
    This will sound callous. Tragedies happen. Yes, even children dying at the hands of merciless, mentally wired to inflict harm, morbid lunatic assholes. You cannot ever expect every place to be 100% safeguarded from someone who is determined to commit an atrocity, a crime of any nature for that matter, (especially a maniac with a well thought out plan), or even expect any given public or private place to be a zone for absolute protection from psychopaths/people who just snap for no apparent/explainable reason for that matter. Sure, there should always be multiple security precautions implemented wherever it may be (especially schools). But what is this lawsuit really going to accomplish on the broader spectrum? Why keep reviving the torment of that day? Was it because there were children involved and not a space occupied by adults? Should there be justice? Yes. Do I believe there already has been? Yes. Adam Lanza is dead. Why sue anyone? Why not just accept the sympathies? Why not just cope with it? I'm not saying that they should just "deal with it".

What happened that day was sickening. However, people will always ask "how was this possible?" whenever something horrible happens, presupposing total flawlessness in regards to preventative measures on any given property, public or private. You can have multiple layers of security and set everything up against potential threats, however, truly determined psychopaths will always find a way to do damage. They will. Where do I find blame here? The lack of mental health awareness on his mothers behalf. And even there, I still don't think she should be punished or have to pay any restitution. This lawsuit will not prevent any future events of attacks on anyone anywhere. Where one occurs, they take more measures to prevent a tragedy after the fact and then we hear of another tragedy occurring somewhere else. Incidents (though not at an elementary school) such as what happened at Sandy Hook will continue to happen. The best people can do is be vigilant. Even then, even with all of the protocols set in place, there is always someone who will find a way to circumvent them and there will always be some failure to be %100 fail safe.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-08-2017 at 05:04 AM.
    How Byronic

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post