Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE on Beats 1

I specifically avoided listening to all the live recordings and discussions to hear it fresh (my usual single/album experience).
    Like a lot of music I need several listens to fully appreciate or comment.
    Had WKWYFL blasting in my ears since it dropped (had to take a 30 min break as my ears were getting tired). Back on now for a few.
    Its top notch Manson imo, song is thundering and conjuring images of a riot or military action going on around one (friendly or not).
    The lyrics are solid if simple...but work well and the music itself is a worthy outing. I enjoy the changes in tempo and Manson switching up his vocalizations.
    Driven to purpose and enjoyable with heavy repeats.
    Again parts remind me of:
    Blank & White:
    Lets make sure the music is loud enough we won't even hear it end
    is akin to
    We'll burn it down, burn it down They won't even recognize your corpse
    and
    YMATDM3 (the riff).
    This has me itching for Heaven Upside Down, like a prescription I need filled.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Hey I made that photo. Lol I posted it on my Deviant and it's already catching on.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Hey I made that photo. Lol I posted it on my Deviant and it's already catching on.
    Beautiful work as always Nemoris! Next thing you know people will be selling t-shirts of it on eBay lol

6. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Beautiful work as always Nemoris! Next thing you know people will be selling t-shirts of it on eBay lol
    Haha that has already happened so far.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Would buy! =)
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

It's definitely a grower. First listen I was thinking 'this sounds like the bands who were ripping off Manson in the early 2000s,' but now I think I'm loving it, I 'get it' more. Mostly cause it sounds utterly fucking mega through a car stereo, especially at the bridge. Driving around when the tune's at that trippy 'fire fire fire fire fire fire fire fire firefirefirefirefire' cycle with that drum beat and all that follows afterwards, shit's nearly gotten me into two collisions this afternoon alone.

Inb4 theimpaler bitches about it. Ha.

12. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

This song needs to be played loud as fuck. I just blasted it over my PA in my house. Holy mother of god. This rocks your fucking ears off.
    I'm a bit bumped that we do not get a special edition with the Cash cover or some other special stuff, but who am I to complain.
    Also not really fond of the Cover. The picture is great, I absolutely love the longer double cross sign, but why put it next to Manson's face? This looks like my 5 year old nephew copy and pasted it there. No a fan, but it will probably grow on me.
    A simple design like the tshirt with the "Heaven" written on the head would have worked better in my opinion.

Nevertheless, I',m really looking forward to the album release and I really hope the cd doesn't leak beforehand.
    Once again, I'm greatful for the art Mr. Manson.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I didn't care that much for the studio version on first listen, but after repeat plays it is growing on me a lot and I think it's amazing. It's funny because I had the same reaction when Deep Six premiered - I absolutely hated it on first listen, then fell in love with it. There are lots of layers to the sound, and I keep noticing interesting new things going on below the growling guitars. The one part that surprises me (compared to the live versions we've all heard) is that the "I love the sound of shells" part is... softer?... or somehow more subdued than I expected. I really liked the way he did that part in the live shows. But damn, if this is a taste of what is to come with this album I am VERY excited! It's a more "metal" Marilyn than we've had in a while.
    Last edited by NightChameleons; 09-11-2017 at 01:53 PM.

16. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

I like the song, not sure if I'd have picked it as a single.

18. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

This song is MEANT to be played on a top-notch surround sound setup with JBL speakers and 2 powerful subs @ 40db (master volume).
    The song's just HUGE, PUNCHY and really demands SPACE. Headphones just can't make justice to the production of this badass track (sorry guys. It's just the way it is).
    I've been playing it already 5 times on my 9.1 system. And each time I've been absolutely blown away by that drum beat and the immersive spacey feeling of the song. No shiz, Sherlock.
    If you have the chance, play this track on a good surround system......you'll be DEFINITELY blown away, mark my words ;)
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

20. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post