Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE on Beats 1

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    It's definitely a grower. First listen I was thinking 'this sounds like the bands who were ripping off Manson in the early 2000s,
    Lol, this is EXACTLY how I felt. Sounded like someone who was trying to imitate Manson during the verses. But it's really grown on me as well. It takes a few spins to get into it, for me it did anyway. The vocals kind of threw me off. His screams during the chorus are fantastic. He sounds like he's controlling his screams more, which is better for him in the long run.

And for those wondering about how I get a BV vibe from this song, I guess it's because the opening reminds me of The Flowers of Evil. And the production overall reminds me of BV as well.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Okay, after several listens, for some reason, (much like "Third Day of a Seven Day Binge"), I can personally relate to this somg. Sonically, mentally, spiritually. It just resonates on so many levels and has me all charged up. It also brings back memories. That is all.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-11-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Lol, this is EXACTLY how I felt. Sounded like someone who was trying to imitate Manson during the verses. But it's really grown on me as well. It takes a few spins to get into it, for me it did anyway. The vocals kind of threw me off. His screams during the chorus are fantastic. He sounds like he's controlling his screams more, which is better for him in the long run.

And for those wondering about how I get a BV vibe from this song, I guess it's because the opening reminds me of The Flowers of Evil. And the production overall reminds me of BV as well.
    Same for me, man. I get Born Villain vibes as well.
    If the whole album production is like this, i'm pretty sure this will be one of the best recent Manson albums after Born Villain (which I crave more than The Pale Emperor).
    I'm so hyped for this new album. Can't wait any longer.
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

They found the crater I live in. :o

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    I like the song, not sure if I'd have picked it as a single.
    That's what I was thinking. Revelations #12 totally sounds like a lead single, it's the HUD version of Deep six.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I assume HUD will have an unusual count of songs that could be potential singles, for one it is a relatively short album so the "excess fat" will have been trimmed and for the other the quality of the material seems to be amazing.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I just hope he releases God's Gonna Cut You Down. I'm sure he will. Doubt he'd just leave it to be heard over the PA system at the concerts lol.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Does the part in the beginning where it breaks and he starts in with "Don't need to move a single prayer bone" sound EXACTLY like beginning of The Devil Beneath My Feet to anyone else...? Like when he also breaks down the intro with "Don't need a motherfucker looking down on me?"

16. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Really curious about Saturnalia. It's a cool title, and historically the longer Manson tunes tend to be more experimental and 'jam-like.' With Tyler a part of something like that, it could turn out to be a particular highlight. His slow jam before Sweet Dreams sounds downright tasty and that's not even on the record.

18. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

It's like a mashup of Hey Cruel World and We're From America tbh. The production has me worried (the drums esp, see: Born Villain) and the track feels kinda Manson-by-numbers nearly to the point of parody buuuuuut at the same time it's undeniably a huge and venomous pop banger? I'm probably just bent because I'm out here waiting for glam and groove like Mechanical Animals wasn't 20 years ago and he hasn't been singing about guns, blood and Satan ever since. I say that without a chip on my shoulder.

The artwork is good stuff though. It's v fashion. I like the minimal cross too because BV and THEOL had very very bad typography and I think less is definitely more at this point in his career (TPE had the best artwork since the 90s, no?). I'm confident in the art direction.

Colour me excited if not just a tad disappointed? I mean I've definitely listened to it at least 20 times already so I'm obviously not mad.

BLUE BLUE ELECTRIC BLUE

20. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post