Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE on Beats 1

Yeah the cover is very minimalistic, but it has a very deep impact for me.
    Love the Madonna's Rebel Heart and Bowie's Heroes vibe it evokes.

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mexxecutioner View Post
    This song needs to be played loud as fuck. I just blasted it over my PA in my house. Holy mother of god. This rocks your fucking ears off.
    I'm a bit bumped that we do not get a special edition with the Cash cover or some other special stuff, but who am I to complain.
    Also not really fond of the Cover. The picture is great, I absolutely love the longer double cross sign, but why put it next to Manson's face? This looks like my 5 year old nephew copy and pasted it there. No a fan, but it will probably grow on me.
    A simple design like the tshirt with the "Heaven" written on the head would have worked better in my opinion.

Nevertheless, I',m really looking forward to the album release and I really hope the cd doesn't leak beforehand.
    Once again, I'm greatful for the art Mr. Manson.
    There's nothing wrong with a minimal cover. The cross is like a stamp, which works better than simply putting MARILYN MANSON Heaven Upside Down on the front, especially in the official font. Doesn't match well. It is a badass photo, And it works great for me.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Do we know how exactly they're finding the addresses for the weknowwhereyoufuckinglive.com emails, btw?

Because I used two separate emails on the same computer and ONE of the maps is spot on but the other isn't even CLOSE.

Like I can't even figure out where the hell it is.

o_O

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Are we really just not going to talk about how IKWYFL and The Devil Beneath My Feet are the exact same song except for the ~4 lines of the chorus which went screamo this time instead?

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Are we really just not going to talk about how IKWYFL and The Devil Beneath My Feet are the exact same song except for the ~4 lines of the chorus which went screamo this time instead?
    I don't think so. The melody is quite different and is much faster. The only time I am reminded of TDBMF is when he does sing "We don't need to move a single prayer bone", as you said.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I don't think so. The melody is quite different and is much faster. The only time I am reminded of TDBMF is when he does sing "We don't need to move a single prayer bone", as you said.
    I think they both follow the exact same formula to an almost eerie degree structurally - including vocals, sentiments expressed, and the actual music.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I got a Blank & White (lyrically) and YMATDM3 (sound) in some parts but otherwise I wasn't reminded of other songs directly.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Do we know how exactly they're finding the addresses for the weknowwhereyoufuckinglive.com emails, btw?

Because I used two separate emails on the same computer and ONE of the maps is spot on but the other isn't even CLOSE.

Like I can't even figure out where the hell it is.

o_O
    Was rather cool....mine was right down to the schoolyard across the way. I was tempted to run out in the middle of the park and lay naked waiting for the aliens. Explaining things would have been problematic however....
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Does nobody hear Hey Cruel World at all? There's that same electronic kick drum and also the breakdown (that bit w "far far far far far awayyyyyyyy") sounds nearly identical?

There's also that filtered guitar feedback that really takes me back to We're From America but that's less obvious I think.

I'm really getting Born Villain with slightly more enjoyable production with this single. Which kinda sucks for me because BV is my almost-deleted-from-library-to-make-space Manson record but I know there's lots of love for it out there. My real problem is w the drum production mostly.

I expect more experimentation on the rest of the record (in the vein of "SAY10") so I'm still stoked. By all means, sounding like Hey Cruel World is not a horrible thing, just maybe not what I was hoping for.

15. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

I definitely get a Hey, Cruel World... vibe from it.

Just saw the email from WKWYFL.com, loved the clip they sent of them hovering over my house. That's awesome.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Days are getting
    Darker.

17. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post