Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE on Beats 1

I hear a lot of No Reflection and Deep Six personally...

As for my thoughts, it's an alright single. I might grow on me a bit more in the context of the proper album. 7/10
    "Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chants out between two worlds, fire walk with me"

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I am the opposite of an audiophile and am totally jon snow when it comes to this stuff so please bear with me. What is going on effect-wise with the vocals during the verses? What is that vocal distortion effect? Is it autotune or was it intentionally added to try and put more meat into the song? Why and how did they distort and garble all his non-chorus singing? Do people like the way it sounds?

Add Akhenaten on Facebook

Sounds fucking thunderous to me. Simply splendid.

I find the comparisons to Born Villain interesting, but where I thought BV as a whole sounded utterly dead and forced, this sounds like a successful return to the electronic rawness of the early demos and ACSS to me. I welcome the return of industrial percussion. The atmosphere is thick and tangible, a realm of its own, and his voice sounds CONFIDENT. His screams are utterly raging, and it's wonderful to hear that sense of dynamic return, with the effected vocals in the verse and near-cracking whispers at the end like what he had to say was so gritty and dirt-caked that the true realization of it had to be hushed in despair.

That made my hair stand on end in a way his music hasn't for a long time.

"What's a nice place like this doing around people like us?"

I think that's directed at humanity as a whole...
    The livin' are dead and I hope to join them too. I know what to do and I do it well.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

One thing I'm thrilled about is that this song sounds like nothing we got on the last album. Blues Manson is good, but sometimes you need the angry side.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I am the opposite of an audiophile and am totally jon snow when it comes to this stuff so please bear with me. What is going on effect-wise with the vocals during the verses? What is that vocal distortion effect? Is it autotune or was it intentionally added to try and put more meat into the song? Why and how did they distort and garble all his non-chorus singing? Do people like the way it sounds?
    Two things are going on.
    1) It's a double-tracked vocal, and each track is hard-panned. He basically recorded the vocals twice, with one performance coming out of the left speaker and the other coming out of the right speaker (you can really hear the effect on headphones). Subtle variations in each performance create a modulation effect not unlike a chorus or flanger (but more like a chorus).
    2) On top of this is an actual chorus effect, probably digital, and to my ear sounds a lot like a Roland Dimension D chorus. This is an effect that, like reverb, was used almost to the point of excess in the 80s. Think Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins vocals. You can really hear it on the "s" sounds; listen for a shimmery bit of movement there.
    Between the chorus effect caused by double-tracking and the actual chorus effect box, what you're hearing is a fuck-ton of chorus. I like it, though I'm still not sold on the song.
    This space intentionally left blank.

9. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Idunno On Twitter

That's a drum machine, right? It makes the song sound a lot like Nine Inch Nails or something out of Portrait, although I would prefer a deeper sound for the drums.

This is also going to be the first Marilyn Manson album that I will have expected before it came out because I became a fan just after The Pale Emperor came out (I had actually been listening to certain songs for years before that). Although to be honest I don't like Born Villain and The Pale Emperor and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to like this one either, or any Manson album ever again, and it really bums me out because he's the only artist/band I really give a fuck about at this point.
    "We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Unfortunately the clip they sent me was not my house at all.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

I've heard the song during all the day, I felt like it was a great song when I heard it in the YouTube videos, and I'm not disappointed, the song is great, is a mix between old and new sounds. And i love it.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mok View Post
    Sounds cool. A ton of layers in it. A lot going on. I definitely hear two vocal takes.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.