Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE on Beats 1

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    Is it full of ballad songs except Say10,
    Revelation #12 and We know where you live?
    Apparently, according to that review, The end Track is a Ballad. But I'm sure their won't be much, considering the sound of the album so far.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

WKWYFL isn't gonna be a song I play on repeat. I don't hate it. But I can definitely hear the return of Twiggy's influence which has me optimistic for the rest of the album, TPE was amazing but I find myself going back to THEOL for the magic of Manson and Twiggy working together and I hear it in this new single, so I hope Manson, Bates and Twiggy constructed Heaven Upside Down together.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulDarter View Post
    WKWYFL isn't gonna be a song I play on repeat. I don't hate it. But I can definitely hear the return of Twiggy's influence which has me optimistic for the rest of the album, TPE was amazing but I find myself going back to THEOL for the magic of Manson and Twiggy working together and I hear it in this new single, so I hope Manson, Bates and Twiggy constructed Heaven Upside Down together.
    Wow I can't stop playing it right now.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Well tattooed in reverse is not a ballad. Neither is kill4me or heaven upside down. And Jesus Crisis is not a ballad. So that only leave 2 songs out of 10 and I actually prefer his slow songs.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDead View Post
    Wow I can't stop playing it right now.
    Awesome! Glad people love it, don't begrudge anyone for it. I like listening to it, I just have this extensive library of Manson songs I can play over and over again, put into playlists as soundtracks for movies that will never be made etc. and this isn't one of them. But I'm confident the new album will have songs like that.

It's not a bad song at all. I like it. It's just not something I love that really resonates or speaks to me. I guess for me, there's this aggressive feeling that I think there are other songs that I like more like Irresponsible Hate Anthem. But I think it's a really great starting point, and speaks a lot to what we can expect. A great Manson-Twiggy collab and you have Tyler Bates kind of orchestrating the whole thing which I'm excited about. It's basically everything I love about Manson post-EMDM in one album. I already pre-ordered Heaven Upside Down, I can't fucking wait for the release.

I think this could be a really great bridging album, bringing together people who might have felt bored with the same old same old that loved Manson branching out with Bates and the fans who just wanted more of that classic Manson 'feel' with Twiggy behind the wheel. But of course, time will tell.
    Last edited by JoyfulDarter; 09-13-2017 at 08:11 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'd love to hear some more ballads from Manson. For the past 4 records he had these epic/slow closers (EMDM, 15, Breaking the Same Old Ground en Odd of Even) and i hope that he'll continue that trend. My favorite is the EMDM title track, i wonder if he'll top that one for me this time around.

So far the reception has been mixed for this. All my friends who like Manson are like 'meh' when i play the new song. And they said the artowork is lazy. Sadly i agree. The Pale Emperor was so good and it make him relevant again, i hope he doesn't waste it.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I'M NOT A GHOST
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    So far the reception has been mixed for this. All my friends who like Manson are like 'meh' when i play the new song. And they said the artowork is lazy. Sadly i agree. The Pale Emperor was so good and it make him relevant again, i hope he doesn't waste it.
    Same here. I had people I didn't even know that liked him tell me how great TPE was. So far the reaction to this has been "meh" or "it was better live". Just after a 7 month delay and all the hype, I expected better.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ReversedHate View Post
    I'd love to hear some more ballads from Manson. For the past 4 records he had these epic/slow closers (EMDM, 15, Breaking the Same Old Ground en Odd of Even) and i hope that he'll continue that trend. My favorite is the EMDM title track, i wonder if he'll top that one for me this time around.
    Eat Me, Drink Me, the song, is one of Manson's best album closers and tracks in general. 15 was interesting and good for me for a bit but it hasn't held up for me whatsoever. It's still a lot more listenable than Breaking the Same Old Ground, which just falls flat for me. I really hope Threats of Romance is a badass song, although the title is a little meh. Odds of Even on the other hand was marvelous, especially the acoustic version which I was lucky enough to be seen done live.

We can only wait and see.