Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE on Beats 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Look, I really think it's been long enough now that we know to lower our expectations for a new Marilyn Manson release.

He isn't going to put out anything as intelligent as Holy Wood or even The Golden Age Of Grotesque ever again, and I've made my peace with that. About the most we can ask for is intriguing stream-of-consciousness wordplay, and "diamond bullets storefront blood banks splinters and stained glass" certainly delivers in that respect if nothing else.

Manson just doesn't have anything to say anymore. Best thing for him, really; the few times I've seen him wax philosophical in recent interviews he came off as trite and cliche. Better to let him sling guns around and talk about fake occult shit.
    Completely agree.

As for the new song, it's alright. That said, if I were to compare it to any promotional single released post-GAOG, I don't think it's anywhere near as interesting or dynamic as Third Day of a Seven Day Binge or Cupid Carries a Gun. Loved those songs, still do.

I think WKWYFL will do a good job of generating some hype around the record, and in sort of an odd turn of events, Manson has solidified this niche in pop culture in that he has seemingly gained a lot of respect back that he lost following the post-GAOG albums and subsequent touring cycles.

We'll see how the rest of the album shapes up soon enough, but as The Overman said, I always proceed with caution regarding MM releases (and the supporting tours). If it's good, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it sucks, I'll shrug my shoulders and move on with my day.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

for those of you who have iTunes/Apple Music Zane Lowe shared this extended snippet from the show on 9-11-17

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Currently listening to the interview by Zane Lowe. It's a lovely one. He asks all the right questions. I feel like we haven't had an interview like this in a while. It's a good one!

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Zane is excellent at conducting interviews. The song fucking rocks, God bless the Manson/Tyler partnership!

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Absolutely perfect interview. Lots of good stuff. Especially liked the "nailed it like Jesus" phrase, the stuff about his dad and the news about being with Trent on good terms again.

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

I love Manson's TGAOG style. Sadly he looks 60 years old.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Currently listening to the interview by Zane Lowe. It's a lovely one. He asks all the right questions. I feel like we haven't had an interview like this in a while. It's a good one!

http://youtu.be/cTVahGoDLnw
    That was a great interview. It has been a whole since we got one like this. Great questions, and he wasn't afraid to ask Manson about his personal problems. Loved It.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Yeah Zane Lowe is good, he's a fan of Manson and respects what and who he is but also asks different questions to most. Would love to see them two sit down for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    That was a great interview. It has been a whole since we got one like this. Great questions, and he wasn't afraid to ask Manson about his personal problems. Loved It.

Totally agree. Zane Lowe was fantastic, and asked tough, probing questions about what happened to Manson post-2003. I definitely respect Manson for just being upfront about it and acknowledging that he had major issues and that the passion wasn't there. It was blatantly obvious despite some bright spots amidst the malaise. I certainly hope he's healthier and in a better place psychologically, and physically. It's also so totally awesome that him and Trent are on good terms again. Really happy to hear about that.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mexxecutioner View Post
    Absolutely perfect interview. Lots of good stuff. Especially liked the "nailed it like Jesus" phrase, the stuff about his dad and the news about being with Trent on good terms again.
    I wonder how long it'll last. It seems like Manson always wants to patch things up and move on and Trent gets pissed about something and they're back to not speaking to each other. This is what, the third reconciliation?