Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Upside Down - Press/Interviews/Etc.

Another name I'd throw out there is Kurt Ballou.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

...the eight-minute-long “Saturnalia” desperately needs to be half as long.

Excuse you?

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Now I'm not saying this because that's a negative review, but that is so poorly written, an infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters could do so much better.

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

You know it's not even because he doesn't like the album that I think his review is shit. That review is incomprehensible beyond belief. Hell my first listen to HUD wasn't great but it's grown on me substantially. This is buzzfeed level of trash. (I know it's not the 6th but this review is dogshit and there is no reason for me to not defend an album I have heard)
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    You know it's not even because he doesn't like the album that I think his review is shit. That review is incomprehensible beyond belief. Hell my first listen to HUD wasn't great but it's grown on me substantially. This is buzzfeed level of trash. (I know it's not the 6th but this review is dogshit and there is no reason for me to not defend an album I have heard)
    And better yet the reviewer just throws Karen O in there without ever explaining why. I was confused lol. I think they were referring to the type of “singing” Manson does nowadays? Or they somehow see them on the same level. Very odd.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Rubbish review from a terrible writer. Former Reznor protégé’? Thanks for that relevant tidbit of information. It's too bad he didn't redundantly introduce him as "Marilyn Manson (real name: Brian Warner)" because that's classic hackery but instead he opted for something a bit edgier.

Actually, it's even worse than the usual checklist delivery by hack writers who can only simply regurgitate the same shared verbiage: shock-rock, glam stomp, crooning, include a generic vampire reference, goth-pop and generally mention that he's back with another album that sounds the same as all of his previous ones even though it doesn't, etc.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I have not listened to any tracks or read any reviews, but I did just preorder the album and plan to listen in full. I hope it really shows up on the 6th like they say it should despite me choosing media mail.

I too hope my copy also arrives on the 6th. My experience with pre-orders is that they usually arrive a little bit later than the expected date but I'm sure it depends on where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    That's uh... an interesting thing to say. Jeordie is no bass genius, but he couldn't play some relatively simple songs already written entirely for him? He just decided to turn down the free money? This just further bolsters my theory that he has less to do with Marilyn Manson than he ever has, opting instead to get paid to vacation the world and taste its many pussies. Check out his Instagram - other than Star Wars, he posts endless candid shots of the people he's currently hanging out with. Has he ever posted one with Manson lol? I can't imagine how they possibly even could 'hang out' considering how hardcore he is with the clean living stuff, even going so far as to point out how gross he used to act in public in the old days when everybody loved him.

I don't really care since I don't think I've ever notice the bass in a Marilyn Manson song, but just thought it was interesting.
    I feel like at this point he's just Manson's bud. Hang out, tour together, whatever. If they make music together cool, if not no big deal. After losing his parents I feel for him and I'm not surprised he just wants Twiggy around at any capacity and Twiggy's happy to oblige. It might be the money but their friendship is literally older than I am, I'd like to think it's just about being able to spend time together.

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    Check your speakers if you don't notice the bass in Manson songs; something's wrong.
    I disagree. It's not a matter of noticing so much as having to strain sometimes due to the mixing. With the songs I've heard, the bass is very clear and part of the whole, not just part of the wall of sound as it tends to go with a lot of past songs outside of very specific examples like The Dope Show.