Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Upside Down - Press/Interviews/Etc.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    MARILYN MANSON's Heaven Upside Down: A Track-By-Track Review (Metal Injection)
    http://www.metalinjection.net/review...de-down-review
    Fantastic review. A very interesting read. Nice to read a positive review. It also accurately describes each song.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I was thinking that too. Wonder what was going brought Homme’s head lol
    Pretty sure Homme shrugged it off. I get the feeling Manson is kind of like David Brent in RL.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Seems as though Haz wrote that review^

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Little article printed in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today...nothing we haven't heard from this era's other interviews it seems but I thought it was interesting nonetheless. I can't believe they published an incorrect release date for HUD smh

https://imgur.com/Ud5KDRK
    https://imgur.com/IfVvXaH
    Last edited by Threskiornis; 09-28-2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: problems with Imgur

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    MARILYN MANSON's Heaven Upside Down: A Track-By-Track Review (Metal Injection)
    http://www.metalinjection.net/review...de-down-review
    I had to come back to this review, it is just so heavy handed, so over the top. It seems as though the writer here is a The Walking Dead fanatic and is so preoccupied with the show, that he has inserted it and it's brilliant character of Negan , into this Marilyn Manson review and has absentmindedly inserted Negan in place of Manson on this record. It's just too funny to me to just skip along after I have read all of this.
    Now, I have only heard the few new live songs and the two singles, but so far, I get nothing so far of what this review concludes, but of course, I will see for myself when the release date arrives and hopefully will eat my words.
    If Negan here is Manson then so far, I must be Sherry.
    LOL
    And did Manson himself ghost write this review??!!

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

I don't know what's funnier, imagining Haz wrote this review or Manson himself haha.

I love track-by-track reviews like that though. They paint an interesting picture of what the reviewer hears in the songs, even when it's something entirely different. Nothing hyped me up more for new albums than those track-by-track reviews in magazines I read back then. I have fond memories of reading through some Golden Age and With Teeth (The NIN) reviews right before the albums were released. I'd rather have an over the top review like this than an uninspired "Decent record, not his best, but back to old strength. 7/10" bullshit.

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Follow Vince On Twitter Add Vince on Facebook Visit Vince's Instagram Channel

Cool they didn't use this footage, I don't see the point.

I just... I just... DO NOT get the AS or HW "throwback" comparisons. ...At all.

Love or hate the album, it is what it is. And what it is doesn't sound like AS or HW or anything throwing back to earlier stuff (as in triptych stuff).

If you took the lyrics of Say10 and only the lyrics and nothing else, then maybe...
    Last edited by Celebrity Killing Spree; 09-30-2017 at 06:10 PM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity Killing Spree View Post
    I just... I just... DO NOT get the AS or HW "throwback" comparisons. ...At all.

Love or hate the album, it is what it is. And what it is doesn't sound like AS or HW or anything throwing back to earlier stuff.

If you took the lyrics of Say10 and only the lyrics and nothing else, then maybe...
    Are you... are you... deaf?

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post