Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Upside Down - Press/Interviews/Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    "Their names are William 'Bright Boy' Manson and Rusty Manson. They're both Devon Rexes like Lily, and these two may have had an effect on the album, as well. Because they like to just look at me and knock something over. They'll stare into my eyes like, 'You see what I just did?'"

Lol, adorable. Great interview. I love these kind of interviews. This also reminded me that I have to listen to the pre-recorded one they aired on the beats1 this morning.

Hmmms
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

2. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Marilyn Manson Released a New Song and He's Still Super Pissed Off

"Dust off your Satanic Bible baby, because the God of Fuck—or Marilyn Manson as he's otherwise known—is back. Today he premiered "We Know Where You Fucking Live as the World Record on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 show, and has also delivered news of a new album.

Upside Down Heaven will drop on October 6. It's being touted as a throwback to earlier Manson material like Holy Wood and Portrait of an American Family (although there is also talk of possible experimentation with 'trap beats' which... idk) and that's certainly the vibe channelled by the "We Know Where You Fucking Live." Manson snarls us-against-them lyrics like "What's a nice place like this / Doing round people like us?" over the sort of industrial riffs that he was best known for in his heyday, and honestly, the teen goth in me is very pleased indeed. Listen to the single above."

Someone really oughta correct the album title.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Marilyn Manson Released a New Song and He's Still Super Pissed Off

"Dust off your Satanic Bible baby, because the God of Fuck—or Marilyn Manson as he's otherwise known—is back. Today he premiered "We Know Where You Fucking Live as the World Record on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 show, and has also delivered news of a new album.

Upside Down Heaven will drop on October 6. It's being touted as a throwback to earlier Manson material like Holy Wood and Portrait of an American Family (although there is also talk of possible experimentation with 'trap beats' which... idk) and that's certainly the vibe channelled by the "We Know Where You Fucking Live." Manson snarls us-against-them lyrics like "What's a nice place like this / Doing round people like us?" over the sort of industrial riffs that he was best known for in his heyday, and honestly, the teen goth in me is very pleased indeed. Listen to the single above."

Someone really oughta correct the album title.
    Lmao, or nah

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

STEREOGUM
    "Marilyn Manson will return with a new album called Heaven Upside Down next month, just in time for Halloween. Its lead single is “WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE,” which really takes me back to ’90s rock radio at the dawn of the nü-metal era. Brooding, electronically tinged verses give way to a chorus built from a brutal power-chord riff and Manson’s blood-curdling howls. Listen below."

Pitchfork
    "Marilyn Manson has released a new song, “We Know Where You Fucking Live.” Listen to it below. It’s taken from Manson’s upcoming studio album Heaven Upside Down, which has received a final release date of October 6 (via Loma Vista). The new album sees producer/composer Tyler Bates returning as a collaborator, following his contributions to Manson’s previous album The Pale Emperor in 2015. Manson is set to kick off a tour behind the new album later this month; he’ll be joined by Alice Glass on select dates. Find his full tour itinerary below. Heaven Upside Down features “Say10,” a song Manson shared last year with a gory, Trump-beheading video."

Spin
    "The first of several new songs Marilyn Manson debuted live this summer has formally arrived, along with news of his upcoming tenth studio album. Snarling new single “We Know Where You Fucking Live” (all caps) premiered on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 show today and is now available to stream. The release serves as notice of Manson’s forthcoming album Heaven Upside Down, which is out October 6, according to Lowe.

During the Beats 1 segment, Manson described his 2015 album The Pale Emperor as “getting his swagger back on,” calling it the “opening act” of reinvigorated musical ambitions. Listen to “We Know Where You Fucking Live” below and see the Heaven Upside Down track list below."

Rolling Stone
    Marilyn Manson has detailed his upcoming 10th studio album Heaven Upside Down and shared the LP's aggressive first single "WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE."
    The intense track, which premiered Monday on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 radio show, finds Manson ominously describing the corruption of a sanitized society while alluding to drones and the surveillance state.
    "Fire away," Manson growls on the chorus. "We know where you fucking live."
    In the song's closing seconds, Manson cryptically whispers, "What's a nice place like this doing around people like us?"
    The album – which at one time bore the title Say10; the controversial song with that name is on Heaven Upside Down – is due out October 6th and available for pre-order now. Manson's last LP was 2015's The Pale Emperor. Although Heaven Upside Down and The Pale Emperor both utilize producer Tyler Bates, the two albums don't have much in common. "It's not very much in any way like The Pale Emperor," Manson previously told Rolling Stone of his new album. "The people who have heard the new songs said it reminded them of their favorite parts of Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals – but with a new, different approach. It's pretty violent in its nature for some reason."
    Manson previously announced the North American leg of his expansive Heaven Upside Down Tour, embarking September 27th in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Brooklyn Vegan
    "Last year, Marilyn Manson teased a new album, then titled SAY10, and released a video for the song of the same name (which has since been removed). Today, Manson has officially announced the release of the new record, now titled Heaven Upside Down (that’s the artwork above), and it’s out October 6 via Loma Vista (preorder). The record will be another collaboration with composer/producer Tyler Bates, who previously worked with Manson on 2015’s The Pale Emperor. He’s also shared the album’s lead single, titled “We Know Where You Fucking Live.” You can stream the single and view the album’s tracklist below. Consequence of Sound recently released portions of an interview with Manson set to be released next month. In the interview, Manson explained the many influences behind the new record, including Rihanna:

"Strangely enough, one of the records that influenced this album strongly, and it can’t be taken literally, is Rihanna, her last record. That one song, ‘Love On The Brain’, it really hit me because I saw her perform it and she just… meant it. And I think that’s maybe what rappers like about me. They see it as being sincere and real, and I think thats a part of rap culture, as it was a part of punk rock and real rock or whatever you wanna call anything. You can tell when something is being forced and trying to be something it isn’t. It’s not about how many tattoos you have or if you say fuck enough in a song, it’s in the way you say it. It’s the way you live your life."

Manson also sang praises of Lil Uzi Vert‘s recent work, and hinted towards plans to collaborate with him: He wants to do a rock album next, and I would love to see that happen because I think that he could make a new thing… I think that if I had to pick what Lil Uzi Vert should be, if he’s involved in rock, it’s an early Bad Brains or Faith No More, but with a catchier element. I think he has punk rock in him. He’s a lil crazy motherfucker. And good. Smart as fuck. He has an attitude like I did, and I like that about him.
    Marilyn Manson will be going on tour this fall, with support from his labelmate (and former Crystal Castles vocalist) Alice Glass. This includes a date at NYC’s Hammerstein Ballroom on September 30 (tickets). All tour dates are listed below."

7. Like 9 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Thanks @FeedYourHead for composing that post. Pretty much just sums everything together.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Marilyn Manson’s New Album Was Inspired By Rihanna, And He’s Working On Music With Lil Uzi Vert

Marilyn Manson announced his new album today in a big interview with Zane Lowe on Beats 1 Radio — but it’s who else he’s working on music with that might be an even more compelling story. Consequence Of Sound reports that Manson will be working with one of rap’s buzziest rising stars, Lil Uzi Vert, who has made Manson’s influence on his own music very clear, and in return, Manson has taken interest in working with him in the future:

“He wants to do a rock album next, and I would love to see that happen because I think that he could make a new thing,” Manson told CoS. “Not some rock/rap type of thing, something special and new that I think needs to be created just to f*ck the world up more. I think that if I had to pick what Lil Uzi Vert should be, if he’s involved in rock, it’s an early Bad Brains or Faith No More, but with a catchier element. I think he has punk rock in him. He’s a lil crazy motherf*cker. And good. Smart as f*ck. He has an attitude like I did, and I like that about him.”
    As for Manson’s new record, it’s entitled Heaven Upside Down, and is due out 10/6, and is introduced today by the lead off single “WE KNOW WHERE YOU F*CKING LIVE.” It was recorded in Los Angeles with film composer Tyler Bates (who also worked with Manson on Pale EmperorR) and will join Manson in his work on new Lil Uzi Vet music.

According to Manson, parts of his new album were inspired by Rihanna:

“Strangely enough, one of the records that influenced this album strongly, and it can’t be taken literally, is Rihanna, her last record. That one song, ‘Love On The Brain’, it really hit me because I saw her perform it and she just… meant it. And I think that’s maybe what rappers like about me. They see it as being sincere and real, and I think thats a part of rap culture, as it was a part of punk rock and real rock or whatever you wanna call anything. You can tell when something is being forced and trying to be something it isn’t. It’s not about how many tattoos you have or if you say f*ck enough in a song, it’s in the way you say it. It’s the way you live your life.”
    http://uproxx.com/music/marilyn-mans...-fucking-live/
    Haha I was talking about how I liked Love On The Brain in the Pop Music Guilty Pleasures thread. And Manson saying "He has an Attitude, like I DID". Does he imply he no longer has an attitude to his image/ music?
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

I believe you're misreading that and he was simply comparing Uzi's attitude to his own when he was at a similar age and stage in his career.

Calm down, lol.

:P

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

I just heard Love on the brain,it's a complete rip off of Vaya con Dios song What's a woman.
    Chillin' Killin'

Follow Vince On Twitter Add Vince on Facebook Visit Vince's Instagram Channel

MM on the next issue of german Sonic Seducer !

14. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post