Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: When did Manson become the "I'm a huge badass" guy? Why?

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Lol when his fans started treating him like he's god, plus he gets pussy like all the time. I mean, we paid him to be this way. Why so surprised?
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Shangri-LIE Suedehead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manson15Marilyn View Post
    Lol when his fans started treating him like he's god, plus he gets pussy like all the time. I mean, we paid him to be this way. Why so surprised?
    Precisely, he's probably been surrounded by oleaginous sycophants for twenty years now, it's bound to effect his self perception. Plus a lot of his fans seem to indulge in excessive amounts of parasocial interaction whereby they create an illusionary recipricol relationship with him which almost entitles them to receive particular behaviours and attitudes from him. When he strays from these expectations it provokes a reaction similar to that which they might have when they're let down in their real-life interpersonal relationships. I'm seeing a lot of that in this thread.

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Precisely, he's probably been surrounded by oleaginous sycophants for twenty years now, it's bound to effect his self perception. Plus a lot of his fans seem to indulge in excessive amounts of parasocial interaction whereby they create an illusionary recipricol relationship with him which almost entitles them to receive particular behaviours and attitudes from him. When he strays from these expectations it provokes a reaction similar to that which they might have when they're let down in their real-life interpersonal relationships. I'm seeing a lot of that in this thread.
    Nailed it. Manson (who has admittedly on numerous occasions) created a world for unworldly narcissists who were rejecting attempts at being indoctrinated while at the same time desperately seeking asylum for fellowship with other magical thinkers. This forum isn't really as contaminated with that type of celebrity worship, though it still does consist of people who have lived and continue to live vicariously through him. Seeing him as a person isn't what a lot of core devotees care about. Questioning anything he says or does is considered an affront and is often met with "are you even a fan"? Well, personally, the answer is yes.

As for the problems people have with his "new persona", I've read and watched reviews that were giving HUD a low score by saying that "He's Marilyn Manson and should be challenging Donald Trump, making a seething commentary on our society's turmoil and hysteria, Christians and politicians should be destroyed etc.. as NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO DO THAT AGAIN!". "Sorry" he isn't your personal protagonist leading the charge against everything you hate anymore. I find that rather depressing that people consider his more personal works to be his decline. That people consider his more introspective albums to be him losing his edge and creativity. "Sorry" he doesn't terribly care about most other than himself nowadays if he ever really cared about anything other than social experimentation.

There's a difference between relating to someone, taking what they have to say, how they present themselves, feeling inspired by them and feeling as though you're owed something, wanting to absorb everything they are to fill a void of who you want to be as you're incapable of really having your own originality, uniqueness and character. It's when you feel that someone like Marilyn Manson is required to fill gaps in your thinking, emotions, identity, understandng of self or anything other than your own self awareness does it become a problem. "The Toys are us and we don't even know.". Also, it's funny that he's said that if he weren't to have started his music career that he'd be a televangelist conman.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

6. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Gangster Rap made him do it.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I've read and watched reviews that were giving HUD a low score by saying that "He's Marilyn Manson and should be challenging Donald Trump, making a seething commentary on our society's turmoil and hysteria, Christians and politicians should be destroyed etc.. as NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO DO THAT AGAIN!". "Sorry" he isn't your personal protagonist leading the charge against everything you hate anymore.
    This! As if he didnt explain x-times in interviews, why he is not going to do that shit. Lets pray above and below to god and say10 he stays reasonable and we dont get shitty political songs that would be lyrically like "We're From America".

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

I was actually just thinking that this morning: "man, I wish somebody in the entertainment industry would publicly criticize Donald Trump". It would really take some bravery.
    This space intentionally left blank.

11. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    I was actually just thinking that this morning: "man, I wish somebody in the entertainment industry would publicly criticize Donald Trump". It would really take some bravery.
    I thought Snoop was on that for us?
    Well at least Snoopcast was fun.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Seriously? Manson used to get into huge fights with his own band members back in the day.

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post