Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When did Manson become the "I'm a huge badass" guy? Why?

cold blows the wind

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I'll offer some empty intimidation of my own: from now on, anyone I see just blindly double-posting within minutes of their previous reply will take a few days off. This isn't Facebook, think about what you're posting before you press the submit button, there is also a multi-quote function for good reason.
    Then maybe you guys could give normal users the super special admin superpower of not having the big fucking glaringly ugly "LAST EDITED BY" bullshit that 100% ruins every post it appears on.

EDITING MY POST I'M ADDING THIS TEXT AT A LATER TIME THAN THE TIME OF MY ORIGINAL POST: THERE IS A REASON I DIDN'T COMBINE MY FIRST TWO POSTS IN THIS THREAD AS ONE. IT WAS A DELIBERATE CHOICE. BECAUSE NOW IT LOOKS SHITTY. BUT YEAH, I KNOW YOU OF ALL PEOPLE HAVE NO CONCERN FOR AESTHETICS WHEN MAKING A POST.

EDITING MY POST AGAIN: I WANT TO VEHEMENTLY APOLOGIZE FOR MY ACTIONS. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL IMMEDIATELY TRANSFER TO YOU THE 0.0001 CENTS I USED IN BANDWIDTH ADDING AN EXTRA POST TO YOUR FORUM.

IN ADDITION FROM THIS TIME FORWARD I WILL NO LONGER ADD ANY NEW POSTS TO THE FORUM. I WILL JUST EDIT THIS SPECIFIC POST ANY TIME I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT ANY TOPIC. AGAIN I APOLOGIZE, PLEASE ALLOW ME YOUR FORGIVENESS.
    Last edited by Golden Eel; 09-12-2017 at 05:08 PM.

2. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

^Enough Haz. Enough

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Man, if he's only going to use the one post from now on just to be a crybaby then I say job fucking well done to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    Then maybe you guys could give normal users the super special admin superpower of not having the big fucking glaringly ugly "LAST EDITED BY" bullshit that 100% ruins every post it appears on.
    Maybe just be less indecisive about what you want to say the first time. ;)
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

I recently read Long Hard Road biography. I feel like he was trying so hard in the early days to be this intellectual. But as others have mentioned, back stage and candidly you can see that his base personality is a lot of what he's trying to project now. Yeah, he goes to extremes. I feel like a lot of it is marketing, relying on what got him into headlines before. That's pretty much the entire motivation behind the eyeroll inducing 'SAY10' preview with the whole "we're gonna decapitate Drumpf" bullshit.

I'm kind of hoping that the divide between the marketing projection he puts forth and who he really is comes to light with this incoming Joe Rogan Experience appearance. I don't think we've really got to see him in the longterm for awhile, it's usually these heavily edited soundbyte type interviews.

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulDarter View Post
    I'm kind of hoping that the divide between the marketing projection he puts forth and who he really is comes to light with this incoming Joe Rogan Experience appearance. I don't think we've really got to see him in the longterm for awhile, it's usually these heavily edited soundbyte type interviews.
    I completely forgot about the upcoming Joe Rogan podcast with Manson. Can't wait for that. Especially since Manson seems to be in a good headspace lately.
    Last edited by cataract777; 09-13-2017 at 11:13 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Aint View Post
    I've long viewed the "threatening" approach in Manson's recent work as a musical representation of a particular approach to living life, not as macho posturing. In that sense, I find it appealing.

So, yes, I'm "okay" with this. But, even if I weren't, I wouldn't concern myself too much with what "could be," because this is the only music that we're going to get from him - it is what it is.
    I was trying to think of how I was going to properly phrase my reply to this thread, but quoting you will do fine. I'm sure Manson doesn't think he's actually some hitman that kneecaps people behind on their debts. But it's quite clear to anyone watching that he really doesn't give a fuck, in the sense that he just does things on his terms, how he wants - consequences be damned. If he hasn't killed anyone yet, maybe it's just because he hasn't had cause or want to. Who wants to find out? Not me. But it's irrelevant anyway. He's just doing what he do, and we get what we get and you can like it or not. I always say, an artist like Manson you don't have to like everything he does, but know that everything he does will be honest. Personally, I just like my art to be honest. Everything else is a secondary consideration.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I absolutely hate it and he has become everything that I hate in people with this. I guess I am no longer a fan, it's gone so far into everything that he now does and I am out of excuses for him. He is just so ordinary with this these days, opposite of what I initially liked so much about him.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

nvm
    Last edited by Mok; 09-15-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Alcohol abuse and off-the-rails coke fiendery will do that to you. It's a lot worse when you surround yourself with teabagging yes-men and Hollywood shills who think everything you do is cute and funny and oh-so-Manson.

It appears that Manson is getting his shit together this last couple of years but I've never seen such piss poor live performances by a more capable and credible act in my life. Factor in slur-sloppy vocal performances on albums and 3rd grade humour during interviews. He probably thought he was superman on stage mumbling incoherently to himself, back to the audience, disco gestures to the stars and crippling Alzheimer's/Parkinson's tics on naked display. Worse than all of that were the people who loved this non-sense and pretended that it held a flame to what he did in the 90s and enabled every step of the way. I wasn't expecting miracles at his age but I've never witnessed such a fall from grace like this and a bigger group of enablers!

16. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    Alcohol abuse and off-the-rails coke fiendery will do that to you. It's a lot worse when you surround yourself with teabagging yes-men and Hollywood shills who think everything you do is cute and funny and oh-so-Manson.

It appears that Manson is getting his shit together this last couple of years but I've never seen such piss poor live performances by a more capable and credible act in my life. Factor in slur-sloppy vocal performances on albums and 3rd grade humour during interviews. He probably thought he was superman on stage mumbling incoherently to himself, back to the audience, disco gestures to the stars and crippling Alzheimer's/Parkinson's tics on naked display. Worse than all of that were the people who loved this non-sense and pretended that it held a flame to what he did in the 90s and enabled every step of the way. I wasn't expecting miracles at his age but I've never witnessed such a fall from grace like this and a bigger group of enablers!
    I agree. But the studio stuff is still good at least. Live is a hit or miss, and that's just the reality.