Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "We Know Where You Fucking Live" - Lyrics & Initial Thoughts

I like the instrumentation, there are some good lines on here, but, overall I kind of wish this wasn't the first single. Overall I dig it but I can see it's flaws.

3/5.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I believe I hear "Dodged Bullets so loud and so low", instead.
    I hear this too!

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Really dig the lines "THE WORLD WAS STRIPPED OF ITS SUPERFICIAL SURFACES WE DON'T INTEND TO JUST EAT THE STREET THE ASPHALT IS THE GOOD MEAT"
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

6. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

I am very fond of:
    "AND WE WILL SLEEP ON THE SKIN OF ITS NIGHTMARES"
    edit: matter of fact.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

8. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Yeah, which loses something for me if it's "well" instead of "world," as indicated in the iTunes lyrics.

Yes, the surface can be scraped from a well...but it's the WORLD that's covered with streets and asphalt. Oh, and I'm like a BILLION percent certain that Manson overemphasizes the ASS in ASphalt because he's talking about eating ass, much like his insistent play on words with "I'm not in love BUTT I'm gonna fuck your" and "she wouldn't let me be anywhere BUTT inside," lol. BUTT I DIGRESS.

Anyway, the colorful imagery of "stripping" off a surface layer and sleeping on the "skinned horse" of a nightmare is potent indeed.

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

Both the "Lyrics" and "Initial Thoughts" threads are now merged here. They didn't need separate threads. My apologies to the reader for any chronological confusion this may cause with what's already been posted so far.

You may now continue with your regularly scheduled broadcast.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

The lyric

"So what's a nice place like this, Doing Around People Like us?" Is by far my favorite out of the 3 new songs. That and "Were recording this as it happens..."
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

14. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

There are some really nice throwaway lines, but it is odd how part of The Bright Young Things was taken near-verbatim:-

"We don't need to move a single prayer bone
    We're so beautiful and damned
    Simply as a "still life""

Various words, phrases, even images have been adapted and transferred from earlier projects in Manson's work before, usually with intent. Consider "Maniqueen of depression" between Mechanical Animals and Diamonds & Pollen, or "toys all smell like children" in Kinderfeld, to name a few.

Maybe the album itself will bridge another gap between The Golden Age Of Grotesque and today. After all, he did open the former with "Everything has been said before. There's nothing left to say anymore", and that was written fifteen years ago.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

16. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

I've only listened to the song properly once but because I played the video emailed to me by Manson with my location several times in a row, I had the chorus stuck in my head for quite some time afterwards. And since I don't know the rest of the lyrics, for some reason my brain decided to fill the gap with Manson singing "there's more than one way to make you cry" in Pretty as A Swastika. I don't know why, perhaps I thought the screams "let me show you where it hurts" were quite similar to the ones witht the words "we know where you fucking live". Either way, I guess these are my initial "no thought involved" impressions, maybe I could add something more substantial at a later point.
    "The more freedon we're given to express ourselves, the more we want to be free of having to deal with anyone who may disagree with us or upset us" - Mark Manson

18. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    There are some really nice throwaway lines, but it is odd how part of The Bright Young Things was taken near-verbatim:-

"We don't need to move a single prayer bone
    We're so beautiful and damned
    Simply as a "still life""

Various words, phrases, even images have been adapted and transferred from earlier projects in Manson's work before, usually with intent. Consider "Maniqueen of depression" between Mechanical Animals and Diamonds & Pollen, or "toys all smell like children" in Kinderfeld, to name a few.

Maybe the album itself will bridge another gap between The Golden Age Of Grotesque and today. After all, he did open the former with "Everything has been said before. There's nothing left to say anymore", and that was written fifteen years ago.
    I find it odd too. I have yet to figure out what that line means, but Manson rarely speaks about TGAOG. Oddly enough, because he seemed really excited about the album/ era.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.