Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "We Know Where You Fucking Live" - Lyrics & Initial Thoughts

Default "We Know Where You Fucking Live" - Lyrics & Initial Thoughts

The lyrics being spread everywhere are wrong, so I've corrected them where I've seen fit to do so.

Obviously, this is still a work in progress but it's closer than everything else out there.

Any corrections or suggestions? FIRE AWAY!

"WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE"

LET'S MAKE SOMETHING CLEAR
    WE'RE ALL RECORDING THIS AS IT HAPPENS
    THOSE DIAMOND BULLETS, STOREFRONT BLOOD BANKS
    SPLINTERS AND STAINED GLASS

WE DON'T NEED TO MOVE A SINGLE PRAYER BONE
    DODGED BULLETS SO LOUD AND SO BELOW
    DON'T NEED TO MOVE A SINGLE PRAYER BONE
    MY DEATH IS STILL LIFE

SO WHAT'S A NICE PLACE LIKE THIS
    DOING 'ROUND PEOPLE LIKE US?

WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE
    WE'LL BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT DOWN
    THEY WON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE YOUR CORPSE

THE WORLD WAS STRIPPED OF ITS SUPERFICIAL SURFACES
    WE DON'T INTEND TO JUST EAT THE STREET
    THE ASPHALT IS THE GOOD MEAT

AND WE WILL SLEEP ON THE SKIN OF ITS NIGHTMARES
    AND WE WILL SLEEP ON THE SKIN OF ITS NIGHTMARES
    TIME TO JUST KILL THIS CROWD
    SCREAM THIS FUCKING LOUD

FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE AWAY
    FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE AWAY

I LOVE THE SOUND OF SHELLS HITTING THE GROUND, MAN
    I LOVE THE SOUND OF SHELLS HITTING THE GROUND, I LOVE IT
    I LOVE THE SOUND OF SHELLS HITTING THE GROUND, MAN
    I LOVE THE SOUND OF SHELLS HITTING THE GROUND, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT

FIRE, FIRE, FIRE AWAY
    FIRE, FIRE, FIRE AWAY
    FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE
    FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE

WHAT'S A NICE PLACE LIKE THIS

Last edited by Hazekiah; 09-12-2017 at 01:07 AM.

2. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

Much Better - while I was reading various lyric sites and shaking the walls I was hoping for a more apt interpretation.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Those seem to be correct, judging by what I hear. The most common mistakes in the first verse. Where people write "Blow this storefront", instead of Diamond bullets.

I believe I hear "Dodged Bullets so loud and so low", instead.
    Last edited by Nemoris Inferioris; 09-11-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I don't understand some people being disapointed by this ,its an awesome song and a great first single imo ,my hype for this album is going throught the roof !! thank god theres only 25 days left to wait

Or maybe less ,if you catch my drift
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

8. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

So a pal alerted me to what may or may not be official lyrics through iTunes somewhere (I don't use it), leading me to make some changes to the transcription above. But even the official lyrics obviously diverge from the actual lyrics sung by Manson on his albums though so I've left a few of my own variations in for now.

For instance, I'm pretty sure Manson's singing "MY death" and not "OUR death" and "world" instead of "well," which also happens to make more sense in context, too.

But while I still tend to hear "scream AS fucking loud" I must admit that "scream THIS fucking loud" works better so I've switched that out despite my own ears for now. And what I thought to be "sub-low" seems to just be a slurred delivery of "so below" which, frankly, I should've caught myself. Bah! I tried, lol.

I also added changed "bloodbank" to "blood bank" and added a "we" before the first line about prayer bones since I can distinctly hear it even though it's not in the hypothetically-official lyrics and because it's obviously echoing the same lyric from "The Bright Young Things," also beginning with "we."

Anyway, that's where I'm at with it now.

Any thoughts?

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Default "We Know Where You Fucking Live" - My/Your Initial Thoughts

This is more for opening a free flowing discussion and not so much fully anatomizing "We Know Where You Fucking Live" as it's just one part of this Anti-Eucharist, love and blood bath body of work for conversation within this agora. My intent in creating this topic isn't for capturing his pneuma based on just this one song or even attempting to envisage the album's potential theme for that matter which will be matters of subjectivity anyway. Anything is welcomed really as most of his songs have interchangeable meanings, introspective meanings that are seen as objective observations and contrariwise. You never know what the intended target audience is (pun intended).

I'll to to spare (and more than likely fail) any hyper-bowel-flushing and gobbledygook about how "Heaven Upside Down" is inspired by "The Pilgrims Progress" and his occult sagacity for now.

I often say that everything is sex. Everything is political. Everything is chaotic. "Chaos isn't a pit, it's a ladder.". It's also fair. Everything about each of his albums as we know is interwoven with one another, oblique and non linear which begs the question, what is Manson's Magnum Opus? As in is there even one that is unanimously seen as his best work? Anyway, there are several lyrical parallels within this song. "We're all recording this as it happens. Those Diamond Bullets, Storefront Blood Banks, Splinters and Stained Glass."/"I know I'll miss you if I close my eyes. But this is loaded with an open film, I'll see you and I'll blow your heart to pieces"/"I forget what I saw before and after that day. I'd trade what I was worth to make myself into the handsomest gun and put the diamond bullet into your 404 ERROR FACE.". There are more parallels I can align with those opening lyrics but I'll save them for now, and if anyone has any of their own, share them. "My death is still life."./"Each thing I show you is a piece of my death.". Lastly for now "Time to just kill this crowd. Scream as fucking loud."/"Let's make sure the music is loud enough we won't even hear it end." All of "Blank and White" for that matter now that I think of it.

Other than him describing most of what he writes and sings about are him speaking to himself, I've been under the impression for quite some time that he's now turning the blade towards giving his audience a facelift who, for the most part, he sees as dumb, deaf and blind sycophantic imitators. "You don't want to see him. You only want to be him.". The life span of his inner circles and those who depend on sharing his existence as well as experiences along with him are and always have been ephemeral and easily jettisoned. Onto my initial take on "We Know Where You Fucking Live".

I don't see it as particularly violent. To me it's not about nihilism, fatalism, protest or literally being a homicidal stalker, but much rather a counter prod at people who he's encountered either in person or anonymously that's he's spoken about, or just the stupidity of and against people who are like that. So, instead of typing out what I had to say in conversation with a few people yesterday and this morning, I'll just copy and paste part of how I feel about it because I'm lazy. Whenever I was listening to it, I was having a chuckle about personally relating to it, "bringing back memories", alluding to being some sort of homicidal stalker or perhaps even being a triggered war veteran with extreme PTSD having flashbacks. I still do relate to it even more after the interview I'd posted on page 2 of the "Press" thread that I'd discovered even prior to interpreting it the way I currently am. You can't take on the world by yourself. I hear it as something romantic in some fucked up, obstreperous way of wanting someone to help tear things down with or to simply live in a world with together where no one else is really necessary. Where they can all go fuck themselves. Not necessarily killing people in their homes or creating a bloodbath of any sorts. He always says it's always how people will take it, interpret it and apply it to their own world views, emotions and mindsets. It doesn't always just have one meaning to it. It COULD literally be taken as that to some people. I don't take it entirely that way but could if I wanted to. He did after all say that is was somewhat of a "romance story".

Sorry if anyone reading this had to strain or stray away. But yeah, anyway. Feel free to share your thoughts and initial reactions/"whatever's", yo.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-12-2017 at 06:10 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

12. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

To be honest, i don't really know what to think about it. Yesterday i liked it alot because of the raw sound and because it's new. But after listening to it for like 20 times or so i'm not really sure. I need to hear it in the context of the album.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Manson has always been somewhat of an anarchist, even if he doesn't ascribe to that political stance his lyrics often do. He doesn't seem to want to get as political any more, probably for good reason. He said it dates an album for one. Released on radio on 9/11 does suggest something there, but maybe that was just coincidence.
    America is always wanting to destroy some thing, someone or some place. A lot of people right now are thinking along the lines of chaos, then starting over since America has turned into a dumpster fire. The Far right wants to nuke every other country that doesn't suck America's dick. The alt right wants ethnic cleansing. The far left wants coffee and to gentrify the ghetto. The green party wants to dissapear and go live in the woods, the anarchists wants to see it all set on fire then go live in the woods. It's not an uncommon sentiment right now really.

"When I'm God everyone dies" "No salvation, no forgiveness"

16. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Yeah, it was probably completely coincidental that the first preview came out on Election Day and the second on 9/11, lol.

18. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Good point.

20. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post